WWII Europe: Small, Fast & Beautiful for IV - Discussion & Creation Diary

One question actually... the download is only ~ 5 MB. Does that contain new unit skins and so on (it seems small)?

It does contain them. If I'm right...

Hardner said:
I'm also missing the rivers.
Could you replace the Opel Blitz graphics with the SdKfz251 graphics? Would be nicer. And could you make promotions work for the mech.inf?

I'm not sure what units use the Blitz or the Halftrack, but if you can keep both of those in the game, that would be cool; not every mobile unit had halftracks; some just had the trucks, and diversity is good.

Sweet!! A new recent coming.

I would like to remove the snow effects completely. How would I do it? The winter effect is now the only setback in the whole Scenario... everything else is great. Winter starvation is making it impossible to manufacture the cool stuff gained thru techs because the cities are all starved down to 6 or less.

Thanks Paasky. :goodjob:

Truhart said:
Paasky, I understand the air situation now.

The game seems to take the highest % of intercept among units in range and makes one check at that %. It would work accurately if each Fighter or AA within range got a chance to intercept, but making one check at 50% (Bf-109e) even if 8 Fighters are within range to intercept is bad.
This means there is not much advantage from having 12 Fighters patrolling a area or having just 3... you still only have 1 chance to intercept each attacking aircraft.

The Bf-109e (Messerschmidt) is only given a 50% chance, same as Light AA. The Spitfire and Hurricane should be better than Bf-109e, but not 20% better! They should only have 55% or 60% at most.

The program treats 50% more like 30%, and treats 70% more like 90%. :lol:

The good news is, this is not a bug. Anyone can edit the percentages to make it feel right to them. I left Light AA at 50%, made Bf-109e to 55%, made Hurricane 60%, and the legendary Spitfire 65%. The FW-190A was a better fighter than the Spitfire, but the Brittish had radar... so I have the FW-190a at 60%. The Mustang and FW-190d would be good at 70%, leaving 75% for jets. :)

Truhart:

Can you post or send the file which implements your new percentages on the airfights? It will save me a lot of time:D Many thanks in advance. Or can you just tell me how to edit the percentages, since I just wont seem to find the file which contains those!

Paasky:

I have the feeling you announced a new beta just recently, but I'm not sure you posted it already. I don't mean to hurry you (and by that annoying you) but just checking, because I love the scenario!!!:goodjob: Furthermore, thanks for replying on my cry for help on the deletion of naval transports in the BENELUX. Is there anyway I can help with the text? I'm not good at all this xml and python stuff, but writing (and doing research) is what I do for a living, so I might help you out with the text part. Just let me know.

Yes, please do. The units and buildings need strategy & civilopedia entries. You can send me them in a text file, I'll copy-paste them into the xml's.

I haven't yet made the new recent, as I've been more interested in the Napoleonic Europe atm.

Paasky said:
Yes, please do. The units and buildings need strategy & civilopedia entries. You can send me them in a text file, I'll copy-paste them into the xml's.

I haven't yet made the new recent, as I've been more interested in the Napoleonic Europe atm.

Alright...with easter coming up I'll have plenty of time to work on that...:cool: However, it will go small steps at a time ofcourse. I will start with the civilopedia entries.

Can you give me some hints on where to find the interceptionrates of the air/AA units? I want to alter them according to Truhart's suggestion.

I will update you with some entries after easter. Happy Easter everybody.

Paasky said:
Just remove the huge sector1 = [ ... ] to sector5 = [ ... ] blocks in the start of the wwiisfnbevents.py.
Doing that (and only that) will break the code later, when it tries to use the variables. Comment out or remove everything that has self.sector in the file (comments start with #).

Brilliant mod dude, thanks alot, best WWII mod yet.

overall seems nice and you have done a good job.:goodjob: but what about Sweden!??!! you have removed Skåne the soutern tip of Sweden, and the shape of scandinavia could be better, but plz make Sweden whole :) and add Skåne along with Malmö the third largest city in sweden, my home. :p

If you tell me how ill be glad to help and make these changes.

Snarko:
Doing that (and only that) will break the code later, when it tries to use the variables. Comment out or remove everything that has self.sector in the file (comments start with #).

Hmmm. Everything that has self.sector. I'll try. I removed all the stuff Paasky said and everything became snow and stayed. I went into Worldbuilder and changed terrain manually back and so far it stays and works fine.

I'm tempted to see if things continue ok since Winter is not over and it is not doing anything weird while searching for the variables. If it does... it's always fun to start a new game. :lol:

Can you post or send the file which implements your new percentages on the airfights? It will save me a lot of time Many thanks in advance. Or can you just tell me how to edit the percentages, since I just wont seem to find the file which contains those!

Sorry I did not read this thread a couple days, gertjantommel ... and I did not get a chance to answer your question. Paasky was on top of things as usual tho. He da man. :goodjob:

Top Bottom