Xeo's Pitboss Server

Ok people I'm having some connection issues with the server. I'm not sure what's the problem. I've sent an email to the hosting company so let's hope they are fellow Civ players and understand the need when it comes :). I'm very sorry for the problems, and yes, you may need to replay your turns. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

Just a reminder to everyone in this game (especially to those in war against me;) ) regarding the House Rule number 5. Double turns in a war situation are not allowed. I don't even mind double turns during war if they don't have an immediate effect on the game play, but in combat, pillage, etc. situations I think they are forbidden according to the House Rule.

Personally I would actually allow double turns, since they can often be impossible to prove, but since they are forbidden in the House Rules and a double turn abuse against me just happened in one combat situation in this game I'd like to remind you that they are not allowed. It's not fun if everyone doesn't follow the rules.

This is in response to Dan’s post, and to clarify my situation, since the previous message was vague about people involved, but anybody can check pitboss and see the record, I’d like to clarify my situation too, or silence would be interpreted as guilty admission, which is far from the truth. I believe I accepted to resolve the case in a gentleman manner even before the case were made public.:)

Here are our diplo exchanges before this announcement here in the forum:

Ptpan,

I think you just made a double turn, but they are prohibited in this game. House rule is :"Restricted double turns - The last player to make his turn can immediately take the next turn, given he is not at war with anyone". You attacked my Keshik in the jungle hill SW of Guangzhou by moving your Spearman 2 times in a row and not giving me a chance to move my Keshik. That's against the rules. I think you should gift me one of your Axeman for that.

------------

Hi Dan,

I never checked pitboss before making my moves, usually just base it on the time of the day, which is more or less at the same time except weekends. I just check to make sure, and indeed I made my move before you make yours today, which in fact, resulted in my moving twice. Please note that it has been more than 24 hours (10 am the 4th to 12 pm the 5th) so I made my move in total honesty, thinking it was within normal procedure, I did not try to hurry my moves. Also, namliam is at war with you, and made the same double move today, according to the records.

But ok, we are in combat, and I just killed your keshik, while namliam is not in combat. So I agree to gift you an axe, but on conditions:

I would not gift it at my border, a keshik running around in the back of my cities, against 2 spearmen, is dead meat anyway (killed it on a jungled hill), while an axe is a different matter, I cannot gift it and have it right at my border while I have 1 less defender.

So, I will move an axe, from another city, through neutral territory, and toward your city, but I will enter it at the opposite end of our border. I will then enter inside your border before I could make the gift, obviously! If you try to kill it, a lone axe in neutral land, on its way to your city, you will have just make your future unit commit suicide, and from my view, we are even, whether I lose the unit through gifting, or being attacked :)

Hmm, come to think of it, we are at war...can I gift you anything, besides the nuclear bomb ? (which is half finished, by the way :lol:

<End of Diplo exchanges>

namliaM said:
I didnt realize I double turned, I certainly didnt aim to...

I think waiting for a long while (i.e. ~24h) between turns doesnt constute a double turn... But lets wait and see what others think.

Well, I think it’s all been an honest error. Dan certainly made his move later than usual that day (not his fault, but still a fact that contributed to this error), while we both made our moves at the usual time, not thinking much about checking for double-turns (it has been several weeks of smooth play already, for god sake , who would have the reflex.:crazyeye: .). But after this incident, it certainly reminds us to check turn at pitboss, especially when at war…

Dan and I have already agreed to a settlement for this, no big deal. In your case, even at war but without unit contact or involving in combat, it would absolutely not affect any side in any way, as long as you both made your 2 moves in those 2 days…

I'd like to know if anyone else feels like another extended session. There's been a lot of 'hit end turns' up where I am and I'm eager to pick up the pace a bit.

Anyone interested?

TELawrence said:
I'd like to know if anyone else feels like another extended session. There's been a lot of 'hit end turns' up where I am and I'm eager to pick up the pace a bit.

Anyone interested?

depends on date and time, but in principle: yes. :)

TELawrence said:
Anyone else?
I suggest to postpone it till xeo's return.
We have a war on our continent and XEO and Portuga are both on AI.
It also seems to me, that Portuga gave up (I saw him on other forums since his last post here) and his Civ should be reclaimed by human player, or free to attack ;-).

From 22nd September till 3rd October I am on holiday. Is there anybody who wants to take over my Civ? We have interesting times on our continent ;-)

Ok guys, after a lengthy period of absence and vacation, I'm back, but no video card yet still, so I'll won't be able to play just yet. The server will be kept running nevertheless. I'll update the first post that we're looking for 2 people as replacements.

OK what is everyones opinion on Portuga's Russian AI civ? His creative borders are pressed up against one of my cities and I think I should have a free hand to do something about this.

I switched my civ to AI, so it is free to take up.
U can have the Civ till the end of the game, if U want. 'Cause my Greek "empire" is nothing special.
If nobody take it, I'll be back ... on 3rd October ... If I succeed to finish (without infuries) my first kittting session in Andalusia ;-)

vilemerchant said:
Catherine has other idea, she just declared the war on me :D
After trying to trade me mutton for beautiful gold; I say Cathy goes down.

Xeo, I have an etiquette question. The AI looks like it is about to settle another city for you that would prevent me from settling a city west of your city I agreed you could settle north of the river (hope that makes sense), as per what we agreed. So can I declare war to nerf that American settler/city, provided I don't attack anything else, or is that considered bad form?

Anybody? Anybody? What's the thoughts when a temporarily AI'd civ takes actions the human player had agreed not to do? Is that fair casius belli?

Never mind ... as usual the AI didn't do what seemed obvious and moved on, allowing me to settle as agreed. Perhaps the AI knows more about Xeo's master plan than I thought? :D

Top Bottom