XiDragon's - Reveal Map Button UI Mod

XiDragon

Chieftain
"XiDragon's Reveal Map Button" UI Mod feedback thread.

The mod places a button in the top right menu bar that on pressing will reveal the whole map by removing the fog of war. To update the revealed map the button has to be pressed again after every turn.

This is a very helpful function especially for mod developers to test their mods in the making.

The mod can be downloaded via the in-game mod manager.

Feedback is highly appreciated.

Have Fun
XiDragon

Attachments

• RevealMapButtonScrShot.jpg
    RevealMapButtonScrShot.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,245
Question: Is the FOW only removed for the player or also the AI?
Just checking whether the button is a 'cheat' or just a 'feature' when using it outside of modding purposes.

Is it just me or was it meant to wotk so you be able to reveal and unreveal the map with the button?

I can only reveal the map - only terrain/cities and units though, no resources, ruins, etc.

\Skodkim

This button will not reveal resources or anything else of the ilk, as the game does not think you have actually explored those areas yet. Thus, if you use this for non-debugging purposes it can be extremely confusing in gameplay.

By the way, this feature exists without the mod. All you need to do is enable Debug mode (all modders should do this anyway) in config.ini in My Games. Just set DebugPanel to 1. Then, in game, just hit ~ and you will have access to several debug tools, including a reveal map button.

Top Bottom