XML editing: CIV4LeaderHeadInfos

Ah nice, these definitions are helping me alot in reworking the AI on my new leaderheads for me mod. Thanks for posting them :D

I can see that this thread has resurfaced. I'm not around on these forums anymore, since I stopped playing Civilization after my attempt to convert what I made in my Warlords scenario into Beyond the Sword failed. I just got the urge to play a couple of custom game hot seat games with my friend who was visiting last weekend, which is what gave me the idea to check these forums.

Yamps, I'm sorry that I cannot go into more depth with the bagground of my info; it's a mix between various sources on the net and on these forums. I'm sure more could be added, but I don't have my heart into doing this anymore.

I'm glad that my descriptions and explanations, though a few points short, could be helpful to people making mods and scenarios. I wanted to make sure you only had to look wanted place to find out about CIV4LeaderHeadInfos, which is why I'm glad that deanej has apparantly expanded on the information in this topic, although leaving out a bit of the info from what I can see by skimming the page.

I'm glad that this post has resurfaced, the information in here is invaluable to me for the B5 mod we've been working on. At last i can now put in the modifiers that each leader should have as opposed to just guessing at figures and not knowing what the figures mean.
Awesome.

Ooooh, just what I was looking for. Thanks OP, even though I looked here long after you created it :). I figured most of this stuff, but some wasn't as clear.

How does one make sure these changes work from custom assets? Do you have to turn your custom assets into some kind of mod folder?

What does it actually do? Does it effect which religions the AI will tech for?

I suspect it might have some relevance to the Choose Religion option.

# iDifferentReligionAttitudeChange - Modifier to the attitude of the leader towards any leader with a different religion. GS: 0 - -2

# iDifferentReligionAttitudeDivisor - Not known. GS: -5

# iDifferentReligionAttitudeChangeLimit - The maximum change in attitude (positive or negative) which can occur as an effect of iDifferentReligionAttitudeChange. GS: -1
Can somebody explain how this works? How can the limit of different religion be -1?

The sign specifies if the leader likes or dislikes the factor. - means the attitude goes down. The game does not know which way to go based on modifier (and some modifiers go both ways depending on leader). You can actually mod a leader that likes you when you have a different religion and hates you when you have the same one.

I was wondering why iDifferentReligionAttitudeChangeLimit was always -1.

I mean the negative diplo you get from different religion normally EXCEEDS -1. I'm trying to figure out how the religion penalty is capped (if it is at all).

Happy to contribute! :) I was looking for this before, it would be great to have all info in one thread.

I'm sure that I've seen MemoryAttitudePercents explained in some thread. Smurkz SGOTM 7 thread probably, but that's a very long thread...Anyway, I do know what this means. Some examples:

MEMORY DECLARED WAR: -300. You get -3 for declaring a war.
MEMORY_LIBERATED_CITIES: 150. You get 1.5 for Liberating a city. (This means 1 if you liberate 1 city, but full 3 if you free 2 cities)
MEMORY_TRADED_TECH_TO_US: varies with civs. Example: 10. You have to gift 10 techs to get the full 1 attitude. I'm positive that Niklas explained that in SGOTM 7 Smurkz thread.

Of course, it would be best for somebody that reads code to confirm everything. One thing that I've spotted in your summary file:

iDemandRebukedSneakProb is implemented but iDemandRebukedWarProb isn't! See DanF5771's explanation: AI DoW logic (same thread as before)

BTS 3.19. iDemandRebukedWarProb is actually implemented. It is called by python (CvDiplomacy), not by SDK. I tested it right yesterday, and it worked.

Oh, that's important to know. You should post your find in that war thread as well, it will get far more attention there.

I was wondering why iDifferentReligionAttitudeChangeLimit was always -1.

I mean the negative diplo you get from different religion normally EXCEEDS -1. I'm trying to figure out how the religion penalty is capped (if it is at all).

I was exactly confused by that as well, when modifying the leaderhead file for the Planetfall Mod. I wasn't able to explain the strange original BTS values, but at least I was able to found out, what happens if you change the tags by a lot of trial-and-error and close observation:

1. iDifferentReligionAttitudeChange - the instant penalty you get when your religion differs

2. iDifferentReligionAttitudeDivisor - is used to determine in which intervals the relations further detoriate (see 3)

3. iDifferentReligionAttitudeChangeLimit - the maximum penalty which can get added to 1) over time

So the confusing thing is that 1 and 3 are two seperate things, which stack. And on the top of evervthing there is the hardcoded effect that another -1 gets added on top of everything, if the AI leader has the shrine of his/her religion...

Again, something mysterious happens here in BtS - take Isabella for example, there is just no logical explanation why she can get to -8, while Hannibal cannot despite having the exactly the same values. Nonetheless, even if that explanation does not fit for the actual BTS values, it worked perfectly for me when trying it outside in Planetfall.

This is freakin aweomse! ty so much for the time and info. helped me out alot trying to understand how things are connected and work. much appreciated!

796.jpg

Top Bottom