XP option

dommain

Warlord
Could we have a option in custom games to be able to slect to have xp count to the 2 decimal places? It annoying when I cant tell if ranged combat gets any XP like in FF and RiFE. On the same note, could there be an option to enable XP past 100 with out having to stick a commander to a unit and get 1 xp at a time?

errr...you can get unit's xp over 100 by starting a war with another empire. Xp is capped at 100 for fighting barbarians.

I agree that FF's XP system is awesome. it's great how it has diminishing returns instead of just "can't get xp anymore after 100 vs barbs"

the short answer is too little gain for far too much work. ;)

I could change it so you get 100xp from fighting barbs only after you defeated 1000 barbs or so via diminishing returns rather than 20 barbs or whatever you need now, but do you really think that is much better?

the short answer is too little gain for far too much work. ;)

I could change it so you get 100xp from fighting barbs only after you defeated 1000 barbs or so via diminishing returns rather than 20 barbs or whatever you need now, but do you really think that is much better?
My approach to this issue has always been to use the barb slaying as a rookie promotion system. Once a unit has leveled out, the chances are you are at war with another civ anyway, and send those now veteran units to the front, and send the rookie units to practice on the endless barbarian hordes.... haha

Top Bottom