Yet another game wrecked by crashing at Turn End

HiRezAudio

Prince
PC, Windows 10, Large map - turn end random crashing yet again (seems to be common on both W10 and the PS4 Pro) and once this has started to happen the game is totalled from this point onwards as the crashing simply gets more & more regular, yet support requests to Firaxis go completely uncared-about.
The only response I ever get are requests for screenshots and the inevitable videos of the crash - and when I reply that this is not possible they tell me that until I provide the requested details they cannot help.
Talk about abrogating all responsibility!

Yep. Have not played for half a year, a year or something and decided to play today. Had two crashes today. One with several mods, then I removed a nice bunch but still a crash.

when I reply that this is not possible they tell me that until I provide the requested details they cannot help.
I know it is incredibly frustrating but not sure what you expect to be honest, 10s of thousands of people happily playing the game each day without encountering these issues so obviously they need details. Have you disabled all Mods and made sure your graphic drivers are up to date?

Sorry to borrow your thread again, but I removed several mods that I think interfered with each other, started a new game and I've not crashed yet. Could be a fix for you. Unless there are some heavy changes I don't think you need to start a new game though.

I know it is incredibly frustrating but not sure what you expect to be honest, 10s of thousands of people happily playing the game each day without encountering these issues so obviously they need details. Have you disabled all Mods and made sure your graphic drivers are up to date?
I have tried with both 'Quality of Life' mods and absolutely none at all & keep getting the same problem.
The only clue I have so far managed to get is that the odds of a crash seem higher with some of the game modes introduced during the NFP series, but even a flat game (Gathering Storm) with no additional modes or mods will eventually crash on Windows 10 - it always, always happens at Turn End.

Graphics drivers are fully up to date.

EDIT.
I lied about the graphics drivers as there was an updated version available.
Just installed this so will see what happens. Fingers crossed that this is the answer, but given how this also happens on the PS4 Pro I am not convinced it will be the answer

Last edited:
I've raised this a few times. The lockups happened on a laptop running a Ryzen 5 with Win 11. Tried all the suggestions. No good. I got so frustrated with it, I loaded the game on to another system - a pc with an I7 and Win 10. I'm on my 3rd game and no lockups. Not one.
Not drawing any conclusions, but to anyone who is, I can give technical details about graphics.

And here we go yet again.
End of turn 83, and the little Blue spinning thing has been sat there spinning for 15 minutes now.
This is on the latest version of the Graphics drivers from NVidia, running Windows 10 on Steam with everything fully up to date.
It's beyond a bad joke at this point, and whilst I accept there are those who do not see this at all for whatever reason (it's beyond me at this point) it is incredibly frustrating to those of us who have the problem and Firaxis simply do not care.
It is the latter part that hurts the most, given I have bought each & every iteration of Civ with each & every DLC release, Alpha Centauri, Beyond Earth, Starships, Colonization and so on yet I am treated like a mug by the developers.

NEVER AGAIN!

And yet another end of turn crash on Windows 10, with everything up to date graphics driver wise.
2 Game Modes being used (the barbarians one & the Monopolies one) plus a couple of QOL ones but NO functionality mods or custom civs/maps at all.
This really is getting so tiresome it's boring now.
Filed a support request & was asked to provide a video of the problem.
Thanks, Firaxis

First majority of players are having this issue just most folks know that 2k and Fairfax surport is a complete joke. Also lots of people don't complain due to that reason.

If you want them to help you then obviously you need to supply them the details they require.
I did.
Several times, and all that ever happens are demands for a video - taken running on a PS4 that crashes randomly, ditto the PC.
How am I supposed to know when it is going to crash?
I have supplied full system specs, crash logs in detail and saved games - plus described exactly what happens in detail.
Asking for video is a way of fobbing me off by saying I have not given info - it's a lousy, rotten con trick.
Firaxis will never again get any of my money because their support is not worthy of the name & not fit for purpose - I have bought this game with ALL addons & DLC and expansions now on 2 platforms so well in excess of £150 spent and I still cannot get through a game with no crashing.

Top Bottom