YoshIOT - Sign-up Thread

Yoshiegg737

Jungo Jungo
YoshIOT

The Map (Using the IOT VII Map)
Spoiler :

Yeah, check out that big font title. Using "Impact" font for impact, y'know? Y'know?

Umm, anyway, here's my first IOT. It's gonna be based on the good old game of Civ, combining some stuff from IV (And maybe V) into one nice little IOT. Yep, I've tried to keep things relatively simple, but it's also a little complicated. Actually, its moderately complected without being complected...or I'll just show you the ruleset

Generic Rules
No trolling, flaming, openly complaining, GM bashing, GM's word is absolute, 3 strikes and your out, stay on topic, RP is encouraged, respect your fellow forumers, TRY not to powergame (yes, strange for me to say that), and stay active.

Well, now since that is out of the way...

Starting off
Here's a template that you should really be using:

Nation Name:
Nation Leader:
Leader Traits:
And Anything Else You Want (History/Description/Economy, all that good RP stuff):

When you begin, you may claim ONE territory. This will be your capital city and will probably grow to become your largest and most productive city on the map. Please choose wisely :)

Your free to create whatever nation you like

Leader Traits
This is the details on the leader traits. When signing up, you will be choosing TWO leader traits. They will be with you for the rest of the game, so choose wisely

Agressive (AGG): Army Attack Tech cost is multiplied by 40 instead of 50
Expansive (EXP): New cities cost 70 YC instead of 100 YC
Financial (FIN): Economy Tech cost is multiplied by 40 instead of 50
Protective (PRO): Army Defense Tech cost is multiplied by 40 instead of 50
Philosophical (PHI): Diplomacy Tech cost is multiplied by 40 instead of 50
Culture (CUL): Culture Tech cost is multiplied by 40 instead of 50
Spiritual (SPI): No chance for revolution
Scientific (SCI): Cost for moving on to next era is reduced by 20%

Expansion
When expanding, you may only expand to tiles touching the ones that you ALREADY OWN before the turn had started. Expansion costs 1 YC per tile and will yield 2 YC.

Additionally, you can build new cities for 100 YC. New cities can be built ANYWHERE on the map (However, to expand by sea, Naval Tech 3 is required). New cities will also start with a population of 1.

With population, population can be increased for 10 YC (E.G. 1 --> 3 population would need 20 YC)

Population will yield you 15 YC and 1 culture point per population

Techs
And these are the techs that you will be spending some of your money on! There's 7 techs in total. Techs are by a scale similar to Sonsofmars's tech system. For example, there is Eco Tech 1, Eco 2, Eco 3, etc. Tech costs will be 50 times the tech number (Eco Tech 5 Costs 250 YC). Tech numbers are unlimited (I plan to give them cool names on the leaderboard only, for convenience sake for the players so they won't be calling the tech by their real name on their orders. E.G. Eco Tech 1 might be called..."Trade" in the Leaderboard)

Army Attack Tech (ATT): This will affect your RNG when attacking other nations
Army Defense Tech (DEF): This will affect your RNG when defending from attacking nations
Culture Tech (CUL): Multiplies your culture. E.G. CUL 1 multiplies your culture by 1 (No Effect) while CUL 2 multiplies your culture by 2
Economy Tech (ECO): Multiplies your YC for the round. ECO 1 multiplies by 1.1, ECO 2 multiplies by 1.2, etc
Naval Tech (NAV): This will affect your RNG during coastal attacks and defenses. Those with NAV 5 can colonize North America from Europe/Asia and Vise Versa
Diplomacy Tech: Reaching DIP 10 will allow you to build SDI's, shooting down nukes aimed at your empire at a 75% success rate! Reaching DIP 5 will allow you to build the UN (Details below) for a mere 250 YC.
Atomic Tech (ATO): Reaching ATO 10 will allow you to build nukes at 500 YC :D

Era
Basic here, it's 100 YC to move on to the next era, 200 YC for the next, 300 YC for the next, 400 YC for the next, and so on. The person who moves on to the next era first will be granted a free tech + 10% bonus on whatever amount of YC they make the next turn. For moving onto a new era, you gain a 1.1 YC bonus for going to era 1, a 1.2 bonus for era 2, 1.3 bonus for era 3, etc. Those bonuses are permanent, with each cancelling each other out (I.E. if your in era 1 and move onto era 2, the 1.1 bonus is replaced with the 1.2 bonus)

The UN
Well, considering that we are just starting, I'll probably explain the UN more in depth when we reach that level. But the gist of it is that players begin by voting between two candidates (The builder of the UN is guaranteed to be one of them) and that elected leader will be allowed to put forward proposals which are voted on by the entire world (Proposals such as global peace against a certain nation, for example. I will give the potential proposals)

Culture
This ones important. Culture is gained by your Culture Tech Number and your total amount of population. Culture does two things: It helps prevent revolutions, and it can blow away neighboring civilizations. Allow me to explain:

If your total culture is higher than that of one of your neighbour's, it is possible to automatically claim some of his tiles as sort of a "culture capture". It also depends on the population of the nearest city, so a city with low population is less likely to commit the automatic culture capture of a neighbour's tiles than a city with a higher population

War
War is kept basic. Besides the attack and defense army techs, it basically boils down to picking which territories you would like to attack. You may attack as much territories as you would like, but your success rate will decrease with every territory. Additionally, border territories will have more success than more inner territories. Capturing a city is the most difficult. There is no direct cost for attacking a territory, and the only visible concentration of your armies is shown in your Army Attack or Defense tech level. To attack by sea, Naval Tech 3 is required.

Espionage
Send spies! These are the things your spies can do:
  • Annoyance (Steal 50 YC from a neighbour, which is the equivilance of the cost of the spy. 75% success rate)
  • Severe steal (Steal 100 YC from target. 40% success rate)
  • Frame a nation (Steal 50 YC from one nation, then give it to another. World events will show that the nation you gave the stolen money to is the culprit. 50% success rate)
  • Instigate a Revolt (Creates a small revolt in target nation. May become large if nation is unstable. 30% success rate)

Note that when your spy fails, your nation will be caught red-handed

Revolts
There are no "stability" points here. I'll just simply tell people which cities are feeling left out and wish to revolt against their empire. Revolting cities cannot contribute to your economy. The problem is normally fixed when you provide some YC in increasing your population. Far away cities are especially prone to revolts and can even form their own nations!

NPC's
Yes, NPC's are abound and they have as much freedom as PC nations do. Some are radical, some are not. Make friends, or not. Good luck with dealing with them :)

Victory Conditions
Here are the various types of victories. Completing any one of these conditions will result in winning the game:
  • Conquest Victory (Conquer every other nation)
  • Culture Victory (Achieve culture of 10,000)
  • Space Race (Reach level 10 on all tech branches)
  • Domination (5 of your cities are the highest populated cities in the world and have a population over 100)

And, yep, I'm done. So join, join, join! :D

Marseille​

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Link to video.
Arise children of the fatherland
The day of glory has arrived
Against us tyranny's
Bloody standard is raised
Listen to the sound in the fields
The howling of these fearsome soldiers
They are coming into our midst
To cut the throats of your sons and consorts

To arms citizens Form your battalions
March, march
Let impure blood
Water our furrows

What do they want this horde of slaves
Of traitors and conspiratorial kings?
For whom these vile chains
These long-prepared irons?
Frenchmen, for us, ah! What outrage
What methods must be taken?
It is us they dare plan
To return to the old slavery!

What! These foreign cohorts!
They would make laws in our courts!
What! These mercenary phalanxes
Would cut down our warrior sons
Good Lord! By chained hands
Our brow would yield under the yoke
The vile despots would have themselves be
The masters of destiny

Tremble, tyrants and traitors
The shame of all good men
Tremble! Your parricidal schemes
Will receive their just reward
Against you we are all soldiers
If they fall, our young heros
France will bear new ones
Ready to join the fight against you

Frenchmen, as magnanimous warriors
Bear or hold back your blows
Spare these sad victims
That they regret taking up arms against us
But not these bloody despots
These accomplices of Bouillé
All these tigers who pitilessly
Ripped out their mothers' wombs

We too shall enlist
When our elders' time has come
To add to the list of deeds
Inscribed upon their tombs
We are much less jealous of surviving them
Than of sharing their coffins
We shall have the sublime pride
Of avenging or joining them

Drive on sacred patriotism
Support our avenging arms
Liberty, cherished liberty
Join the struggle with your defenders
Under our flags, let victory
Hurry to your manly tone
So that in death your enemies
See your triumph and our glory!

Nation Leader: Nicolas II
Leader Traits: Fin/Sci

~~~

'Twas a dark day in Kingdom Square. The rain pattered down on the cobblestone pavement; soggy-looking horses and their masters stood still in the road - pedestrians stood and gawked. In the middle of the square stood a park, tended by the Imperial gardeners; it was, indeed, the jewel of the Kingdom. In the center, a statue of the nation's king, Jean III, made of the finest iron, gilded with sparkling silver, and atop the statue's formidable head, sat the Royal Crown; Marseille's claim to fame, weighing in at seventy pounds of pure silver and gold. But, that was not the spectacle the bedraggled peasants were gaping at. On each shoulder of the statue, two mighty ropes stood; on the ground, around it, stood masses of peasants. Yelling, screaming, chanting - they were all thin as bones, starving from the lack of food.

With an almighty crack, the statue of Jean III fell to the ground, the Royal Crown dropping and crashing into a duck pond. Above the protesters stood banners, painted with what their makers pictured of liberty. Down the street, came another march - a banner reading "Aux armes! Formez vos bataillons!" Imperial soldiers marched alongside them; their uniforms conspicous amongst the filthy rags the peasants wore.

Down the street they marched, to the king's palace, chanting... "Vive la liberté! A bas la tyrannie!"

I'll sign up for the sake of a fellow S&Ter... hopefully it won't take to much of my time :)

I'll claim Overijssel (the province west of Holland ;))

Nation Name: Vrije Republiek Twente (Free Republic Twente)
Spoiler Heraldry :

Flag

Nation leader: Adje van den Berg :rockon:
Leader traits: Cultural, Expansive

more will follow

Questions:

1) Why isn't there a cultural trait? Adje van den Berg deserves to be Cultural:band:
2)
you may only expand to tiles that you ALREADY OWN before the turn had started.
:dubious: so.. how does that work?

Nation Name: Byzantine empire.
Nation Leader: Κωνσταντίνος παλαιολόγος
Leader Traits: Financial,Scientific
History: The people of Byzantium decided to create their own nation state.
Description: crowned democracy
Nationality: Byzantines 90% ( 60% greeks, 30% turks, 5% slavs, 5% bulgarians), other nationalities 10%.
Economy: Mixed economy.
Language: Byzantine ( Greek with latin characters)
Culture: The byzantine culture is bonded with the sea.
Food: Mainly fish.
characteristics: Brave people who are very patriotic, love the sea and the adventure but they always argue and are divided.
Religion: Orthodox Christianity.

Nation Name: Epic Empire
Nation Leader: Emperor Epic I
Leader Traits: SCI, FIN
And Anything Else You Want (History/Description/Economy, all that good RP stuff):

History: At a council of the various factions of the Piedmont of North Carolina, MoreEpicThanYou was struck by lightning and escaped unscathed. Because of this, the leaders of the factions thought he was blessed, and crowned him Emperor Epic I, the Most Epic Of Them All.
Description: An empire, but the Emperor does have a Council made rulers of the old factions to advise him. When there is a vacancy on the Council, the faction missing a member chooses one in the way they would've picked a ruler when they were independent. This makes for an interesting Council, as some are chosen by election, some by heredity, and other still in increasingly strange ways going down into one faction whose council member is the winner of a duel to the death between the most popular people in the area. The Council also takes control of things deemed too unimportant for the Emperor to handle, though they can accuse the Emperor of being lazy. Also, they can elect a new Emperor, chosen from an existing Council member, if the last Emperor had no heirs and the Emperor didn't pick a Council member to take his place.
Economy: Capitalism, but if necessary to avoid economic downfall, companies or even an entire industry can be placed in the control of the Council until the Emperor deems the industry back on track.
Religion: Freedom of religion, because the Emperor is agnostic.

Attachments

• yoshiotclaim.png
    yoshiotclaim.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 430
I already choose the red colour.

I think I shall join this game...doesn't look too complicated, and IOT:SAR is wrapping up. I prefer one game at a time...

Nation Name: The Australian Democratic Monarchy
Nation Leader: Verarde
Leader Traits: Financial, Scientific
History:

The Australian Democratic Monarchy was a vision that one man had. His name was Verarde, and he took a group of followers with him. Some of these became the Democratic Congress, and Verarde became the King. The others scattered to become workers for the fields, businessmen for the economy, and toilers for the infrastructure.

Description:

The governmental system is quite interesting. The King has the final say in all matters, and the Democratic Congress (abbreviated: DC) does not pass any laws itself. Rather, it comes up with the laws, and debates them in their halls. The King listens to them, and based on what he feels is the best idea, he makes his decision. The King is not permanently swayed to any one side; he could decide either way. The King also has sets of advisers, called Councils. There are four councils. The Economic Council presides over the relative domestic strength of the kingdom. The Military Council presides over the relative military strength of the kingdom, and also helps the king make strategic battle decisions in war time. The Foreign Council are the diplomats and are charged with making strategic deals with the other countries the kingdom knows. Finally, the Scientific Council directs the kingdom's research, allowing them to make progress in the world and advance beyond other nations.

Economy:

The Economy of the Democratic Monarchy is a Free Market, but any corporations/companies that are found to be taking advantage of their employees, of consumers, or of the population in general are dealt with harshly. This has worked out well so far.

Oh and I choose green.

Spoiler MY CLAIM :

Okey.

Nation Name: Animal Farm
Nation Leader: Napoleon (Who is always right!)
Leader Traits: FIN, AGG
Anthem:
Spoiler :
Beasts of England, Beasts of Ireland,
Beasts of every land and clime,
Hearken to my joyful tidings
Of the Golden future time.

Soon or late the day is coming,
Tyrant Man shall be o'erthrown,
And the fruitful fields of England
Shall be trod by beasts alone.

Rings shall vanish from our noses,
And the harness from our back,
Bit and spur shall rust forever,
Cruel whips no more shall crack.

Riches more than mind can picture,
Wheat and barley, oats and hay,
Clover, beans and mangel-wurzels
Shall be ours upon that day.

Bright will shine the fields of England,
Purer shall its waters be,
Sweeter yet shall blow its breezes
On the day that sets us free.

For that day we all must labour,
Though we die before it break;
Cows and horses, geese and turkeys,
All must toil for freedom's sake.

Beasts of England, Beasts of Ireland,
Beasts of every land and clime,
Hearken well, and spread my tidings
Of the Golden future time.

Map:
Spoiler :

Map with everyone on it.
Spoiler :

Red_Spy, it seems that you added a bunch of colors that aren't actually there on the map or part of sign-ups....as in the pinkish claim south of my Australia claim....why did you put them in?

You never had a map nor a colour when I looked at it. Also, I added Mayor and Mosher to the map, with their generic nations's colour.

Ah, okay. Well, I should have a claim up now, as well as my nation (history, description, etc.).

Nation: Daksina (I dont feel creative today)
Leader: Jairaj (Exp, Sci)
Color: Yellow-orange (see the map)
Map: below

Attachments

• YoshIOT.png
    YoshIOT.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 97
You never had a map nor a colour when I looked at it. Also, I added Mayor and Mosher to the map, with their generic nations's colour.

I hate my nation's generic colour since it's derived from our monarchy... however you used the wrong colour so I don't mind :p

Hmm, I just realized how much the financial trait blows the expansive trait out of the water

Expansive Trait now has cities costing 70 YC instead of it's previous 80 YC

And thanks for the map help, RS

Nation Name: Sana'a
Nation Leader: Al-Abdul
Leader Traits:Expansive, Financial
Sana'a is a trading nation built in Yemen.

Attachments

• iot7[1].png
    iot7[1].png
    209.4 KB · Views: 140
Top Bottom