You aren't paranoid when the map generator really is out to get you...

Lovely start wouldn't you agree.

It looks pretty excellent to me. I wouldn't bother to try to fight early (unless you have copper). You can just bide your time and eventually grab their capitals, after they develop them for you. Three strong cities in close proximity will be fabulous. In the meantime, your capital is fine, and you can always sail to found other cities.

It wouldn't have been that hard to capture the two cities, since the difficulty was only Prince, but it would have been more trouble than worth, since they were both on hills and all I wanted was a slow, peaceful building game.

I seem to always end up with weird starts when playing Terra maps, the random map generator obviously doesn't like my peaceful tendencies.

It wouldn't have been that hard to capture the two cities, since the difficulty was only Prince, but it would have been more trouble than worth, since they were both on hills and all I wanted was a slow, peaceful building game.

It's not more trouble than it's worth. When you capture a capital, you get a populous, developed city, usually with good resources.

The fact that you wanted a different sort of game isn't really the computer's fault.

It's not more trouble than it's worth. When you capture a capital, you get a populous, developed city, usually with good resources.

The fact that you wanted a different sort of game isn't really the computer's fault.

The same of position can occur in a higher difficulty game. You won't stand a chance of getting strong enough to capture the capitals then, even if you do get some lucky rolls and actually capture both, by the time you do you will be too far behind the other AIs to catch up. That's if the two that are sandwiching you in don't decide to take you out first and considering the fact that one of them is Montezuma, it's more than likely.

Not to mention, capturing 2 developed coastal cities after spending a huge effort isn't attractive, at all, unless they to build a few wonders or found a religion in them.

The same of position can occur in a higher difficulty game. You won't stand a chance of getting strong enough to capture the capitals then, even if you do get some lucky rolls and actually capture both, by the time you do you will be too far behind the other AIs to catch up. That's if the two that are sandwiching you in don't decide to take you out first and considering the fact that one of them is Montezuma, it's more than likely.

Not to mention, capturing 2 developed coastal cities after spending a huge effort isn't attractive, at all, unless they to build a few wonders or found a religion in them.

This is all wrong. I guess we'll just have to disagree.

Top Bottom