You ruined Monarchy!

I don't know what you mean by "cities stop growing". It is supposed to be difficult to get big early on. We want the "snowball effect" (where the growth feeds on itself) to be held back for a little while or else the last eras aren't interesting.

Yeah I realized I was just playing the early game poorly, it's normal to be behind on Emperor but I just had no game plan. In here I generated a great prophet to tech Scriptorium for a religion, Focused horse back, then focus on Alphabet to sack French cities and get Techs to catch up.

BIG difference is I didn't go Mining/Pottery/Masonry/Trade this time which take way longer. And instead focus on techs which have tech diffusion on them like Priesthood/Mythology/Writing. Being able to mine/cottage and build walls/traders is totally not worth how long they take to get.

Attachments

• 2017-01-18-162724_1280x1024_scrot.png
    2017-01-18-162724_1280x1024_scrot.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 140
I think monarchy is better than ever with this update, not worse. With monarchy + divine cult your cities can grow quite big. Unless the revolt penalty is really pressing down on you, I'd say keep monarchy instead of going federation

I think monarchy is better than ever with this update, not worse. With monarchy + divine cult your cities can grow quite big. Unless the revolt penalty is really pressing down on you, I'd say keep monarchy instead of going federation

One of my best strategies (That I win with) centered around never moving off Monarchy. Except it doesn't work with the new update. I made the mistake of upgrading part way through a game on the largest world and the slowest setting. I was around 600 turns in. That was a lot of hours. It only took a few turns for my empire to fall to crap.

By falling to crap do you mean that the revolutions were unbearable?Cause if so, I think that's more a matter of recent game changes and less a matter with monarchy.
Well yes. It was all the changes including the Monarchy changes. I relied heavily on large troop garrisons to keep my large cities happy. It was my fault for not actually reading the update info.

Top Bottom