Youf and ZYN Use

Plains-Cow

Best Resource; Always Wins
Has anyone here noticed how the younguns all seem to be slipping some ZYN up in the lip these days? What's the ZYN situation like around you? Have you ever tried it?

EDIT FOR THE UNINFORMED:

ZYN is a controversial and tobacco-free nicotine product that comes in cases that look like dip carriers. It has gained a lot of popularity with younger people in certain webzones who take increasingly stronger amounts of it. However, despite being around the YOUNGER GENERATIONS, I don't see many using it in MY neck of the pasture. The controversial aspect comes from political pundits extolling ZYN's benefits to high enough levels that makes it sound like a superdrug rather than just a nicotine delivery system, making it a part of the ever-popular CULTURE WARS.

Last edited:
In my view, zy yutes don't pay nearly enough attention to zy news.

But I have actually heard about this ZYN stuff.

Are you referring to the snuff pouches?

Is this going to be yet another thread that's basically just spam and provides no opportunity for meaningful discussion?
Don't assume if you're not aware of the topic. Assuming is NOT very Civfanatics.

Are you referring to the snuff pouches?
Yes. If you've seen a lot of people around you using them, were they young? It seems to be a big thing now among Gen Z of all ages.

Oh. Is that something like the snuff of old? (but without tobacco). I've seen it in some tv show.
pretty much...it is a scandi thing but it is here in the states. little pouches that you stick up behind your lip. I've tried it. But honestly no clue as to its popularity other than what I read. I think young folk like it as at school and college as you can swallow it so basically no one would really know you are doing it.

edit: when I say swallow, I mean the juice, i.e., you don't have to spit it out like regular snuff tabacky

Oh. Is that something like the snuff of old? (but without tobacco). I've seen it in some tv show.
Just a casual lookup online will show you how much people are either worshiping in in literal saliva or calling it the next gateway drug. I'd say it's fixin' ta be more controversial than vapes at this rate!

Well, it is nicotine so does not have any properties besides that. Ofc, it is highly addictive. I've not heard of controversy but I could see that if the popularity among youth is high, cause unlike smoking, vaping and dip it is very easy to hide it.

Well, it is nicotine so does not have any properties besides that. Ofc, it is highly addictive. I've not heard of controversy but I could see that if the popularity among youth is high, cause unlike smoking, vaping and dip it is very easy to hide it.
Some say nicotine protects against Parkinson's and dementia along with boosting test levels, lowering anxiety, etc. I'd think that most of these benefits are from getting the nicotine fix and not stressing out about it otherwise rather than an actual benefit of ZYN.

Nicotine is certainly bad due to its addictive properties and, at least, they way it was consumed previously. Cigs and dip are very bad in there own ways. Vape is at least better in the sense of the amount of chemicals consumed and the fact that it doesn't bother others. ZYN could still lead to mouth cancer.

Nicotine is certainly bad due to its addictive properties and, at least, they way it was consumed previously. Cigs and dip are very bad in there own ways. Vape is at least better in the sense of the amount of chemicals consumed and the fact that it doesn't bother others. ZYN could still lead to mouth cancer.
From what? The artificial ingredients? Or is nicotine itself a cancer-causing agent too?

From what? The artificial ingredients? Or is nicotine itself a cancer-causing agent too?
nicotine is carcinogenic, yup

edit: Well, apparently nicotine is actually not carcinogenic, it all the other chemicals and stuff that are....and the smoke from cigs...

so cigs and smokeless tobacco have cancer-causing properties. Not sure how ZYN holds up in that regard. I still think ZYN is a form of refined tobacco though.

edit: ZYN or snus does have carcinogenic properties but at far lower levels than other nic products like cigs

nicotine is carcinogenic, yup

edit: Well, apparently nicotine is actually not carcinogenic, it all the other chemicals and stuff that are....and the smoke from cigs...
I don't think that swallowing ZYN is probably good for the digestive system. Need to have some biscuits at least..

Top Bottom