1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your First Computer Experience

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by aimeeandbeatles, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

I was just cleaning out Mom's attic and found all the boxes for my old Apple IIe :crazyeye:

2. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Kindergarten age 4, my elementary school had (and still does, albeit probably with windows XP now) a computer lab running Windows 3.1 iirc. The next year it was changed to a new lab of Windoes 95! (Also coincidentaly that year was 1995).

3. homeyg

homeyg Deity

I played Freddie Fish 2 on my first computer (which was 'donated' to us by my grandfather because we were too poor to afford one) in '96, and then my dad bought me USNF which was a great game.

Before we got this computer, I would always play random games at my grandfather's house (such as Oil Cap Pro, and some other ridiculously complicated game that I can't remember the name of and I'm always haunted by it) and watch him run www.hiltonheadisland.com.

4. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

In graduate school in 1982 I used a mainframe with punch cards and in 1983 we switched to IBM desktops with dual floppy drives. I bought my first computer a few years later: a Compaq portable 386. It was a "lunchbox" sized machine.

5. Genocidicbunny

Genocidicbunny Bug squasher

Man, you had big lunchboxes back then!!

6. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Not so big. I still have it, but it is buried in tha back of a closet so I cannot measure it for you, but it is about 8" x 10" x 16".

Attached Files: