Civ design challenge

Urdnot and Scape, those are both very interesting designs! Looks like we've got quite the competition this time around!

Its not much of a competition if almost everybody who visits the thread submits a design...

Its not much of a competition if almost everybody who visits the thread submits a design...

That's like saying "it's not steak if there's too much beef in it" :crazyeye:

I mean, because everyone will vote for themselves...

How about a 'no voting for yourself' rule?

Anyway:
Leader: Moshoeshoe I
UA: Modernization: The research bonus for technologies discovered by other civs is raised by 15%. Nearby civs gift units upon rebel spawning.
UU: Sethunya, Musketman replacement. Slightly weaker, but is trained more quickly based on the number of civs that have researched gunpowder. Strength is increased by 5% for every declaration of friendship with another major civilization.
UB: Thapiso. Replaces the barracks. In addition to the standard effect, the Thapiso gives a unique promotion which gives all units trained in the city a free promotion, giving them a 10% bonus in friendly territory. This promotion gives them access to a second promotion, giving units a 20% bonus against more advanced units.

How do other people feel about a rule for not voting for yourself?

And thank you for the submission Doc! Is that a final UA name?

How about a 'no voting for yourself' rule?

Anyway:
Leader: Moshoeshoe I
UA: Modernization: The research bonus for technologies discovered by other civs is raised by 15%. Nearby civs gift units upon rebel spawning.
UU: Sethunya, Musketman replacement. Slightly weaker, but is trained more quickly based on the number of civs that have researched gunpowder. Strength is increased by 5% for every declaration of friendship with another major civilization.
UB: Thapiso. Replaces the barracks. In addition to the standard effect, the Thapiso gives a unique promotion which gives all units trained in the city a free promotion, giving them a 10% bonus in friendly territory. This promotion gives them access to a second promotion, giving units a 20% bonus against more advanced units.

I might vote for someone else though...

(Ahhhh how can you give musketman unique to a "civ" that was... "Founded" after 1800? Its like giving a bomber UU to George Washington.)
Wait a sec.... Oops. :mischief:
(Scapegrace=OP)

I admit, this is basically a Basutoland civ. But I did include a reference to modern day Lesotho. Basutoland is just way way more interesting than the current country, which has been tentatively stable at best since the 70s or 80s.

Well Natan, if you were going to vote for someone else the new rule wouldnt effect you anyway, right? So no problems there

Well Natan, if you were going to vote for someone else the new rule wouldnt effect you anyway, right? So no problems there

In the hypothetical situation that only design posters vote, there could still be(much smaller though) chance that everyone will only get 1 vote.

We'll see how it goes. No need to worry yet.

I think... I vote for Urdnot.
(for the record, I still think musketman is weird for Lesotho.)

I'mma vote for Hoop Thrower's one, at least in part because I really, really like the UA name. =]

Super conflicted here. Torn between Natan, given he is the only one who designed a Lesotho civ, and the Doctor, since I think its nicely synergistic and represents Moe well. Decisions decisions.

Top Bottom