Civ4 in Singapore

I'm near Clementi and studying at NUS too... Are all the Civ players in Singapore concentrated in this small area? I'm surprised there are so many at all. Knight-Dragon was the only other one I knew of.

Well... before this thread I knew that Knight-Dragon, TheRat and Ramius were from Singapore, although I'm not sure Ramius plays Civ :hmm:

My "spy" in Cyberactive (Yishun Branch) has informed me that Civ 4 is due to be shipped to the stores by tonight (28 Oct 2005). It says that most probably they will unpack tomorrow and the game will be on sale by tomorrow.
:( I'll be going to Shenzhen, China on the 30th, morning flight. although I will definitely get a legit copy, some of the complains by those who already have Civ4 are are quite worrying.

well, at least the cyberactive shop in sengkang doesn't have it, no matter what that mysterious spy claims. Most likely just bluffing us.

Anyone who gets the game, please let us know. For now, Pyro is my only hope, but he hasn't even written here for a long time :(

I got a reply from cyberactive, they say what everyone else says: first week of november.
So I guess we have to wait...

Well I am not a person who would lie and bluff people just to get them all excited, but my friend (well not really friend but I meet him all the time when I buy games) at cyberactive said that it will be shipped by that night and probably unpacked and for sale the next day.

Problem is I can't validate his claims as I won't be going back to the shop anytime soon to check on the game. But if you guys have e-mailed cyberactive and they say first week of November, then first week of november it is then.... maybe they have orders to delay the release or something I don't know.

Then again, I wouldn't get the game so fast due to all the problems people are complaining about. Probably after my exams (in 2 weeks) when they release a patch or something then I will get the game. Anyway, good luck to everyone.

Ohh one more thing, I think its quite cool that they actually used our city skyline as part of the coverbox, but don;t you think they could have taken something more prominent?

LOL then again, I think we'd all laugh to death to see the merlion on the face of the civ4 box. Singapore Civ, traits: kiasu and kiasee

ongwin said:
Well I am not a person who would lie and bluff people just to get them all excited, but my friend (well not really friend but I meet him all the time when I buy games) at cyberactive said that it will be shipped by that night and probably unpacked and for sale the next day.

So, can you maybe ask him if they have the game now, in his particular store? Would be cool if you were right after all! ;)

since the guy at tecdrome claimed last week, that the game would be available 31st october (I know they suddenly changed their mind as well), is anyone going to Sim Lim today during lunch hour? snoopy :rolleyes:

please do report whether if it is available. We have been waiting long enough, but looking at the endless list of rants and bugs, my feeling has changed a bit :(

Arrrr... the list of bugs and complaints are worrying, but every game has it, so I am not that worried.

Checked on the 29th at Sim Lim. Nope, not a chance that they are going to get it a few days early :)

I underestimated the number of Singaporean players here though. The Singapore Skyline on the Civ 4 box is beyond kewlness.

We beg of anyone who got Civilization IV in Singapore to tell us!

Hi, I am in NUS also.

right now i am waiting for them to fix the black terrain problem before i buy the game.

called the guy from tecdrome to ask about the status of the game, well bad news:
he said it has been delayed now to next week. I hope this is not true for all retailers, but certainly doesn't bode well.

I wonder what's wrong with this game, maybe they don't ship it anymore since all the singapore versions have ended in korea and vice versa :lol:
but honestly, I am getting really annoyed here

ThERat said:
called the guy from tecdrome to ask about the status of the game, well bad news:
he said it has been delayed now to next week. I hope this is not true for all retailers, but certainly doesn't bode well.

maybe he's just saying so you don't call him everyday to check, the guy must be fed-up with all the calls from pple asking ..:D

No need to check all over singapore for a shop that will sell early, all the shops will get the game same day...
unless the owner parallel import the game (not very likely to)

Anyway, dun get you hopes up on it shipping today, as much as I wan it NOW, my money's still on 5 Nov.

Still, since it's on the way anyway,I check the PK and cyberactive shops at Jurong Point everyday after work..:D

ThERat said:
well, at least the cyberactive shop in sengkang doesn't have it, no matter what that mysterious spy claims. Most likely just bluffing us.

Anyone who gets the game, please let us know. For now, Pyro is my only hope, but he hasn't even written here for a long time :(

You stay near Sengkang??!!! :eek:
I live near there too!! ;)

hah .. No wonder some pple's suprised with the number of singaporeans here..
we're all so quiet..

Look at all teh early joined date and the lack of post between them..

just received this in a mail from cyberactive:
Hi, we have a confirm date for this title : SID MEIER'S Civilization IV
Most likely on 7 Nov 2005, next Monday.

So I hope that at the latest on that day we can get the game. At Funan some shops said 5/11, also at Sim Lim if I remember correctly. And at Gameshop it still says 5/11.

How many different people have posted in this thread by now? My guess would be 10-15, but I'm too lazy to count. ^^ Indeed quite a lot for such a small place!

Top Bottom