Nobels for Violence

As usual I didn't realize we were that close to finishing. It was a fun set of games for me. I'd like to do it again in the future. I I haven't finished a single player game in I don't know how long so I need to find something to keep me interested in Civ. Although those darn bitcoin miners are still making it impossible to buy a video card so late game is usually a serious drag to play anyway.

Hah, I was already thinking of silent a SG. One plays 20-25 turns but only past turns can be discussed. I think it'd be interesting to see where the game ends up with whichever ruleset it's played by.

I assume you're already switching to strategic view for AI to do its turn if videocard is your bottleneck?

That would be interesting to play and not discuss beforehand. But you sure you could deal with even worse decisions since the turns were never discussed :lol:

I don't switch to strategic view because I can't play with it that way. I can't tell what is happening even moreso than with the regular map zoomed way in.

You don't have to play with strategic view. Just switch it on before hitting 'next turn' and back to normal when you start your own stuff. It saves a lot of processing time from each turn in the later stage. Even better if zooming in as well.

Sure. I'd survive such a game ;) It wasn't the 'bad decisions' that made me quit a bit earlier than I planned/had to anyway but the delta between sort of agreed meta & what seemed to be going on. I thought I was dragging even the meta away from peep's comfort zones and even more so with new direction the game seem to have. I was more out place there than I should've been hence the drop out but as I said I was going hiking in ten days so I was going awol anyway.
With the Silent SG there's no agreed upon meta so one can't drift away from any such thing. Obviously it's a simplied version to these games but at least in theory I find it interesting as well. Longer stints should make it possible for each player make more of their own whatever happened before.

Anyone up for a new SG? I'd prefer Immortal or Deity, any rules, any civ, any map

Great! How about Assyria or Songhai? Both civs have a fun UA for domination that stays relevant for the entire game.

Sure, that works for me. Want to play for fastest time or did you have some other idea or limitation you wanted? Assyria sounds fun if you don’t have a preference. Seems like there are more nuanced decisions that would go into using their UU and UB and even their UA at times, but a little extra gold early can be fun too.

Assyria it is then. I suggest playing without limitations at first, we can set some extra goals or come up with certain rules as the game progresses.

What map would you prefer? I'm thinking something like Continents, Large size, Std speed.

Continents works fine for me. Haven’t done much with the larger sizes, so that will be fun. Just want to roll a random map? I’m good with anything.

I haven't been playing much; can barely finish a Prince GotM. I won't be able to participate for some time. Guess you all have already started, have a good one!

Top Bottom