Random Rants : WE FORGOT THE ANAESTHETIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grammys are a joke.

- Out of all of the Imagine Dragons songs to pick from to win a Grammy, freaking "Radioactive"? Really?

- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis beat Kendrick Lamar for Best New Artist.

- "Nothing Was The Same" was a decent album, but of course the mediocre "Started from the Bottom" was the song nominated, and it had no business being nominated for "Best Rap Album," as it's not even really "rap" and it's not that good anyways.

- "Thrift Shop" of all songs won Best Rap Song, beating "F***in' Problems" and "New Slaves" (I actually don't mind that it won Best Rap Performance, that was a great music video), which really shouldn't have won either, but they were both better rap songs than "Thrift Shop," which is almost pop. Not a single Kendrick song nominated? Are you kidding me?

- "The Heist" beat "good kid, m.A.A.d city" and "Yeezus" for Best Rap Album. This comment sums it up perfectly.

I'm just too disgusted at this point to keep going. I shouldn't have expected any different, but still... ugh. I like Macklemore, but he had no business in the Grammys. Ugh. Poor Kendrick, he got robbed. Crazy that Kanye didn't win anything, either.

QFT
No KT Tunstall?

On the plus side, good kid M.A.A.D. City is only $3.99 on Google Play and Amazon. If you don't have it yet, buy it right now. This very second.

edit: Nothing Was The Same (Drake) is also $1.99 on Google Play. Decent album, great price.

I think my biggest problem with the Grammy's wasn't the awards (because everyone knew that Macklemore and Daft Punk was going to win a lot of them) but the forced performances that were at best bizzare.

Kendrick and Imagine Dragons was pretty good, but I feel like it was because of the high energy more than anything. But it was almost ruined by that weird non-transition straight to Kacey Musgraves (and I really like Musgraves and especially "Follow Your Arrow.") Jay-Z and Beyonce were great, of course. Taylor Swift did more with less...that's a good thing. Surprisingly, Blake Shelton didn't ruin Kris/Willie/Merle.

And P!nk, while acrobat and fun to watch, literally just repeated an earlier performance. Macklemore's marriage ceremony was forced and a stupid shtick (and the appearance of Madonna made me want to puke). That weird Metallica/Lang Lang combination was odd. They just completely cut off NIN/Dave Grohl/QOTSA because...why the hell not. Katy Perry and ACADEMY AWARD WINNING Juicy J were boring.

Everything just seemed...forced. And it makes the whole thing more boring than anything. Thank god the only competition for viewership was the Pro Bowl...or I wouldn't have watched.

Had a puncture on my front tyre yesterday, and for sure not close to my destination or close to home, but right in the middle. That has cost me 45 minutes walking back, a delay of more than 1 hour, and today 50€ for a new tyre and some fixing on the wheel.
Damnit :mad:.

And I'm totally going to make a move on that Italian girl...the next time.
:wallbash:

Kendrick and Imagine Dragons was pretty good, but I feel like it was because of the high energy more than anything.
Have you heard the remix (TATER TOTS)? Kendrick kills it (around 2:30), but I still think the live performance was better because of the raw energy, and the transition from Kendrick to Radioactive live was pretty sweet.

edit: Also T-Swift's dancing.

50 euros? That sounds not too bad! I think the cheapest tyres I ever bought here in USA#! were about US$90.

Price is actually not too bad, considering that tyre + inner tube were 28€ (although it could have been cheaper, Amazon tells me; rest for the work time), but it's 50€ due to some sharp crap on the street, and that's somewhat unnecessary :mad:.

Oh, I have a secondary bike, bought it used from a friend who left. The back tyre also has a small puncture, and it always loses a bit of air. So I thought I'll just pump in a bit this morning, and I'd be good for the rest of the day...well...apparently either my air pump is really bad, or the puncture is more severe than I thought.
So I had 2 broken bikes this morning :mad:.
Guess I'll get the second one fixed on Saturday, or so (also needs a new saddle...damn...).

stuff has been getting bad:

1. my roommate and i have been looking for a goddamn roommate since september. it seemed that this guy was going to move in but he backed out at the last second since he thought his "room was too small" when he had been trying to effing shake me and my roommate down from $400 for rent to effing $325 (property is $1300 total... that would mean my roommate and i would pay nearly 500 effing bucks). we tried giving him an inch but he took the whole effing mile.

2. the reason we're looking for a new roommate is that the pos roommate we had bailed on us and hasn't been paying rent since he left ($2000 in back rent...). our landlord is pissed and we can't get a hold of him. moreover, he's been posting really navel-gaze-ly statuses of late when HE is the problem he's having so many bridges burnt. goddamn stupid people and their stupid navel-gazing.

ugh.

I made myself sad again...

1. my roommate and i have been looking for a goddamn roommate since september. it seemed that this guy was going to move in but he backed out at the last second since he thought his "room was too small" when he had been trying to effing shake me and my roommate down from $400 for rent to effing $325 (property is $1300 total... that would mean my roommate and i would pay nearly 500 effing bucks). we tried giving him an inch but he took the whole effing mile.

2. the reason we're looking for a new roommate is that the pos roommate we had bailed on us and hasn't been paying rent since he left ($2000 in back rent...). our landlord is pissed and we can't get a hold of him. moreover, he's been posting really navel-gaze-ly statuses of late when HE is the problem he's having so many bridges burnt. goddamn stupid people and their stupid navel-gazing.

ugh.

I mean, as crappy as that situation is, you only pay $~430 per person in Charlottesville? I don't know the market, but I would have given my left nut for that price in school.

Also, how much smaller is the vacant room compared to other rooms? I mean, paying $150 less than your roommates is shaking them down but if the room sizes are significantly smaller, there should be a sizable difference.

Tennis is a stupid sport and I hate it.
It has given us Ana Ivanović, Maria Sharapova, Anna Kournikova and other such treasures.
Same goes for soccer. Soccer is a stupid sport and I hate it.
You said what?

ugh.
Two thousand dollars? I would charge you half that for spamming him with cat pictures until he died.

I mean, as crappy as that situation is, you only pay $~430 per person in Charlottesville? I don't know the market, but I would have given my left nut for that price in school.

Also, how much smaller is the vacant room compared to other rooms? I mean, paying $150 less than your roommates is shaking them down but if the room sizes are significantly smaller, there should be a sizable difference.

yea cville properties are really cheap.

the vacant room is a few sq feet smaller than mine but we have a huge common area which should more than make up for the smaller room.

who abbreviates charlottesville as cville :p

especially people from nova, you got a big population in centreville (fairfax)

The pull chain in my ceiling light broke this morning. Of course that left the bedroom light on. Of course this happened when I was already running behind to get to school. Of course I got home late so I couldn't properly fix it tonight. Of course flipping the breaker for the bedroom ceiling light turned off all the other ceiling lights as well...

The pull chain in my ceiling light broke this morning. Of course that left the bedroom light on. Of course this happened when I was already running behind to get to school. Of course I got home late so I couldn't properly fix it tonight. Of course flipping the breaker for the bedroom ceiling light turned off all the other ceiling lights as well...

For real? A pull chain in the 21st Century? :dunno:

Just realized I'm completely out of ALL of my meds. It is a much bigger rant than it should be because of the fact that ALL but one or two of them have drowsiness, fatigue, and sleepiness as a side effect, and I have about seven or eight of these prescriptions. It is only 12:48 am now.

Loooooooong and sleepless night ahead. I would know because it's happened a few times before. :wallbash:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom