Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Road rage - a woman tried to cut me off and was indignant when I didn't yield.
Yet another argument against allowing women to drive.

My ex cussed anyone out for anything if she was driving. I didn't understand at all.

Kowaii ;;

Somebody let plants grow in one of my best tests during the little potato incident. You can't test plants! We tried.

Never mind. I have to go the wing that was made entirely of broken glass and pick up fifteen acres of broken glass. By myself. Have fun .... doing whatever it is you do when you're not destroying this facility.

Spoiler :
Pretending to be GLaDOS has never been so much fun.

Somebody let plants grow in one of my best tests during the little potato incident. You can't test plants! We tried.

Never mind. I have to go the wing that was made entirely of broken glass and pick up fifteen acres of broken glass. By myself. Have fun .... doing whatever it is you do when you're not destroying this facility.

Spoiler :

aimee, you better do the crowless route like all the cool kids (me) do.

Spoiler :
did you fight the crow like a lame person or did you think with portals and just have a potato show up out of nowhere?

i.e.

Link to video.

only cool if you did it on your first game and didn't look at any spoilers. Also it's not a glitch. Also video won't start at timestamped 50s so just skip to then.

Spoiler :
did you fight the crow like a lame person or did you think with portals and just have a potato show up out of nowhere?

Replied in the other thread

well, to add an actual rant, my hobby since january 2008 (watching pro starcraft bw) will end in october as blizzard's stepping in/the league plans to switch to full implementation of starcraft 2.

Spoiler :
Despite bw having some smaller number of korean fans, bw was still being successful. At least the major corporations continued to sponsor their teams and support the players. But this day was coming ever since in 2010 when Blizzard sued Kespa/MBCgame/OGN (the broadcaster/runners of the korean proleague) for intellectual property rights and running a league that wasn't blizzard approved. That really made sponsors shy away since then. New sponsors won't really touch sponsoring a league that has been sued by the game developers. There was a match fixing scandal in 2009/2010 with ma jae yoon that really hurt the scene, but a lawsuit from blizzard against kespa gradually made getting new sponsors harder and harder. Nothing really came from the lawsuit but it was a lasting legal battle that, overtime, hurt the brood war scene a lot. In the lawsuit, blizzard had originally wanted to:
1. Set the contract term for using its games to 1 year
2. Prior approvals about all league operations such as contracting sponsorship, marketing materials, broadcasting plan
3. License fee for running of league and all license fee of sponsorship inducement
4. Ownership of all broadcasted programs, program videos
5. Right to audit KeSPA

And now Blizzard going to pour money (well, at least making a partnership) with kespa (the organization of sponsors for the proleague that they had sued before) for the next season of proleague to include some sc2. Blizzard never really did anything to promote bw once they had plans for sc2, and pretty much just pushed for everyone to switch over to sc2. That didn't happen in korea as fast as they hoped and now Blizzard's pumping in a second wave of marketing to get it to happen. Blizzard conceded broadcasting rights and ownership of broadcasts to Kespa--they've given up their tough stance from the lawsuit 2 years ago that failed (and with Gretech, the company that currently broadcasts sc2 online in korea, they gave 50-50 ownership).

To be fair, the korean sponsors probably do want to try sponsoring new games as they keep talking about wanting to "go global": korea's exploding right now with LoL (which has a broadcasted league now and is huge worldwide), a lot of nonkoreans play and follow starcraft 2 professionally, etc rather than just have proleague of Special Forces 2 aka Soldier Front/kartrider/starcraft brood war, that are pretty much played just in korea.

Still, May 2nd was the press conference officially announcing the partnership for blizzard/kespa. The korean sponsors (kespa) made it clear they were expanding/switching to sc2 for the "globalization of esports".

The dream of having a game be played in a professional league surviving past new shiny [arguably inferior, at the very least different] games on a market is going to end. BW was the last holdout. Brawl replaces Super smash brother melee in competitive play, newer haloes replace older haloes, etc etc. Sometimes the new game probably is better, I don't have a good baring on it (like counter strike source I think is supposed to be better; same with quake 3). BW had 10 years of stability with (albeit smaller) progamers still joining the teams; gameplay was still competitive and fresh.

weirdest thing next is what the hell will happen with dota 2/LoL since they both are newish games going to compete for the growing market. Plus Riot is already active sponsoring tournaments and valve you better believe will throw their money around (already had their like 1 million dollar tournament iirc).

Spoiler :
What? You have something against science? Well someone....... did something I didn't like!

What? You have something against science? Well someone....... did something I didn't like!

Oh, I'm sorry. Did you say something? I sincerely hope you weren't expecting a response. I'm still cleaning out the test chambers.

You probably didn't hear anything because I'm speaking in an accent that is beyond your range of hearing.

Legit rant: Remember that fire I mentioned a few days ago, and how the person would probably move into his sister's house, who lives maybe a hundred feet from the burned house? Well today, a rescue copter landed at that house, which had public safety vehicles and an ambulance there. After sitting there with it's rotor spinning for about 20 minutes, it finally took off. I will assume that the person who was airlifted was alive, otherwise they wouldn't have put him the helicopter. Still, I'm still worried about whoever it was who they airlifted.

You probably didn't hear anything because I'm speaking in an accent that is beyond your range of hearing.

Look, metal-ball, I can hear you. I'm just not listening.

Spoiler :
Legit rant: Remember that fire I mentioned a few days ago, and how the person would probably move into his sister's house, who lives maybe a hundred feet from the burned house? Well today, a rescue copter landed at that house, which had public safety vehicles and an ambulance there. After sitting there with it's rotor spinning for about 20 minutes, it finally took off. I will assume that the person who was airlifted was alive, otherwise they wouldn't have put him the helicopter. Still, I'm still worried about whoever it was who they airlifted.

That's terrible.

History exam tomorrow. I think I'm good, but I've backed myself into a corner where I'm relying on two particular topics coming up. Could find myself flailing a little if one is absent.

Absolutely exhausted. I'm also really sad, because I'm really going to be missing some of the best people that I know all summer, and some of them won't be returning into my life very often. :(

Facebook is exposing how stupid my friends are. After I saw a few of them like a post, "Like if you're not racist", I'm more tempted than ever to delete my account. Those people posting all those Like If pictures are killing Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom