M
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Eh, german, spelled wrong... it's a long story, but someone wrote "ahcos" instead of the german "achso" and well, that evolved to my nickname. Hard to explain without telling a long story. ;)
    You crack me up!! I feel the same way about most of my posts...I say something and wait for them to tell me why I am wrong!! That's OK. I am not as good as a creative, independent thinker as you guys are. I also don't plan as far ahead with my moves. This allows me to play quickly. My XOTM games are usually about 7-8 hrs even with wars and milking.

BTW, I accidentally shut off my posts, it wasn't intentional. I realized I missed out on a lot of good posts from you.;)
    I am still waiting for the "Tachymagic". Your code stuff is great, but I know you've got than that!
    Noob I wreck you in a 1v1 warrior fight! My super aggressive trait is OP. All melee units start with CR3, and Cmb 5. Get ownd scrub!
    I figured that I'd come and spam your profile since I see a message from you in just about every other profile I view. Come to find out that you've been spammed more than anyone else I've seen, so consider this a friendly "Hello!" instead of a spam. ;)
    not sure I fully grasp what you ask about those roundings. There is no uncertainty in C++ or better said data type conversion.

if you assign float into integer then always you take just what is before the decimal point (aka 2.3 = 2, 2.5 = 2, 2.9 = 2) if you want to do some roundings you typically add +0.5 since it doesn't change the integer (2.3+0.5 = 2.8 = 2, 2.5+0.5 =3 = 3, 2.8+0.5 = 3.3 = 3)
    or some languages offer "round" functions.
    if I remember right yatta was actually 77 and not 44. And actually there was some kind of hate going on, maybe partly on my side too, but I always thought it was him overreacting about everything. He behave like some little kiddo whom you touch his toy and he just starts to scream.
    I eventually gave up on him and just watched. If I remember right he then played like 50 turns turnset in team roadkill before disappearing forever or something like that.
    Didn't like his personality at all and his "minimalistic" games were to me somewhat like this new one Brennus "avoid BW always" thingy...
    Gotta admin, I think this discussion belongs in the thread. Anyway...

Take a look at CvGame::updateScore. I think you'll find that higher score implies lower team rank. So both of the initial team checks return true if that team is in the top half of the scoreboard. Therefore, to skip the remaining checks, both teams must both be in the lower half.

Side point: note the fencepost - divide by 2 rounds down (so in a seven team start, top half really means top 3).
    He makes me feel bad about myself, sometimes.
    I don't mind someone being better than me, but just not that much.:(
    I have gained some skills, especially micro, but only because I was forced to. Educational but sometimes frustrating experience. Especially cause you don't normally experience someone being right almost all the time. I want to get better but don't have enough free time to invest in games. You could know something about that (based on your more or less recent rants about your time for civ).

I am almost always connected via my mobile phone but not physically present and being invisible describes my presence more accurately so that people in some threads don't feel like I am avoiding their questions, and so I could read some threads without giving away too much.:)
    Well, thank you. If I was more inspired I'd say: That is not a strategy. That is faith.

Too bad about yatta. Don't worry, I am not that sensitive. My case: civfanatics time=f(interest in game, free time, interest in posts). No other variable. Ok, and my civfanatic friends make things more real and interesting, but when I joined, that variable didn't exist and yet I was here.

I tend to joke too much without any indication of it. If you think something I said is unlike me, I am probably joking.

Did I congratulate you on another challenger? If not, :goodjob:.
    And I applaude your constant zeal. You added code reading to your set of skills. Creepy.
    It's still one hell of a slog. The biggest problem is shipping units. Also you can't really control Alex or Monty if they aren't on your continent, and so I have been getting these games where there is a 30 city Alex with 3 vassals which makes him able to out produce me, and I can't land a big enough stack to deal with him with out delaying it by building more galleons. But if I do that he always gets to Infantry to quick.
    Nah I SHOULD have beaten him. I rolled a serious good start. But I just played the map wrong, and got RNG ed. When you get the 2% chance instead of the 67%, and can't get the GA you need off it you don't finish all the parts as fast as you should. This makes a sad panda. :(

But I didn't know you were playing the challengers. So I didn't talk about it with you. But game 5 makes me the saddest, it is the kind of one I would like to play. But it made me remember why I stopped playing Continents, there is no bigger slog than fighting 1 super AI. :(
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom