1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced Civ 0.94

Aiming at challenging, non-degenerate gameplay; based on K-Mod.

1. f1rpo
    An extension of K-Mod. The bulk of the changes concern the AI; a few balance changes; practically no flavor changes; no added content. The mod hasn't been properly tested in multiplayer.

Features

Rewrite of the AI parts dealing with decisions on war and peace; revision of AI relations modifiers; minor rules and balance changes to address loopholes; overhaul of Barbarian placement; culture of dead civs stays in the game; misc. AI and usability improvements; game options "Start Points as Handicap" (Advanced Start only for AI-controlled civs) and "Rise & Fall" (periodically take over a different civ from the AI).

Please refer to the manual (not included in the main download) and the development thread for more information.

Installation

Copy the unzipped AdvCiv folder into Beyond the Sword\Mods under Program Files. When the mod is loaded for the first time, it creates a folder My Games\Beyond the Sword\AdvCiv for the BUG settings. You'll have to remove this folder manually to fully uninstall AdvCiv.

The above assumes a BtS installation from optical disc on Windows 8 or earlier, though I understand that it works the same way with the GOG.com edition and on Windows 10. Steam users may have to revert to the Game Spy version in order to run any mods, and the Mods folder should be in Steamapps\Common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword. There is no way to play this mod on macOS except through a Windows emulator (this guide might help with that, but I haven't tried it).

To start the mod through a Windows shortcut, create a shortcut to Civ4BeyondSword.exe, open the shortcut's file properties, and add a space and mod=\AdvCiv to the Target field.

Images

1. 01 DDiplo.jpg
    2. 02 Terra.jpg
    3. 03 Barbarian sea assault.jpg
    4. 04 Immortal Culture.jpg
    5. 05 War trade UI.jpg
    6. 06 City evacuation.jpg
    7. 07 Auto Play.jpg
    8. 08 SPaH.jpg
    9. 09 Rise and Fall.jpg
    10. 10 Hints.jpg

Recent Updates

1. v0.94
  2. v0.93 (second attempt)
  3. v0.93
  4. v0.92
  5. v0.91
  6. v0.90b
  7. v0.89
  8. v0.88
  9. v0.87
  10. v0.86

Recent Reviews

1. TheUnderNoticed
    TheUnderNoticed
    5/5,
    Version: 0.91
    A love letter to any civ fanatic. An excellent way to update the AI performances and relive and have fun being a sovereign!
  2. mark65479569
    mark65479569
    4/5,
    Version: 0.88
    I've been attacked by 3 civs. While they arrive with decent sized armies they hasitate to attack. They keep destroying my improvements but that's about it. I cant do anything since they are unwilling to negotiate any peace treaty. pretty much a waste of time. What bothers me the most is that I cant get my friendly neighbors to help me (15+ diplomatic relations) but that's a problem in any civ game... Anything other in the MOD is well done.
    1. f1rpo
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the feedback. I've just uploaded v0.89, which improves the AI logic for negotiating peace a little bit. From the GitHub log: "... in situations when the AI wants peace, but thinks that the human player wants peace more badly and therefore demands reparations (gold, tech, cities) ..., the AI now agrees to fewer reparations after a while if the human doesn't have enough to give." Can't say if this fixes the problem with the stalemate war in your game, but there certainly was a problem. I could look into the other issues (dogpiling, city attack courage, assistance for friends) if you happen to still have a savegame.
  3. AnonCivFan
    AnonCivFan
    5/5,
    Version: 0.88
    I do not play Civ VI anymore because of this mod.
  4. xaster
    xaster
    5/5,
    Version: 0.87
    Very good one !!