Resource icon

Ancient Techs Rebalanced (Vox Populi) 1.2

I have had for quite a while a mod that modifies the ancient era by adding hunting, fishing, mysticism, stone tools and wood working. Monument and shrine buildings require these new techs and scouts / pathfinders require hunting. New buildings include furrier, carpenter, fish traps, apiary and the Lascaux Caves and Knossos wonders.

mainImageVPALT.jpg

I have now adapted that mod for usage for VP for those who are interested in trying it out. The main differences between VP and this modmod (other than what is described above) are:
  • All food resources are visible from the start and some of them can be improved with the new tier 1 techs (fishing, hunting)
  • Chopping forests is shifted to mining
  • Chopping jungles is shifted to bronze working
  • Trading post and lumbermill improvements become available with pottery and woodworking respectively (trading post starts at +1 gold then goes back to VP's +3 gold + 1 culture with currency)
Current Issues / future fixes
  • The Labyrinth of Knossos (wonder) damages units all around city regardless of if they are on land or on sea. I will update this in the future to only affect land units.
  • In my original mod, I had the elder council building which somewhat conflicts with VP's council building. I intend to replace the elder council building with VP's council building (putting the latter in Mysticism) but need to find another building to put inside the wheel tech first as it will be rather empty without a building. Until then both elder council and council buildings are in this modmod.
  • There is a lack of buildings on game start - will be adding new buildings (with no tech requirements) and am working on a new wonder available with pottery.
Installation / Requirements

Unzip the Ancient Techs Rebalanced - Vox Populi (v 1).zip file and copy the contents into your mods directory at:

C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

Requires the (2) Community Balance Overhaul mod to run.

Steam Workshop

The steam subscription link of this mod can be found here.

Discussion Page

Feel free to leave feedback, post suggestions in the discussion page.
Reactions: ryanmusante
Author
Arkatakor
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Arkatakor

Latest updates

1. further carpenter modifications

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
  2. carpenter modifications

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
  3. lascaux caves nerf

4. text correction

Corrected text for fire pit obsolescence
  5. modification to fire pit / light axeman

6. text corrections / update for furrier

7. Fire Pit building update

adds the Fire Pit building (+1 culture, no tech requirements, obsolete with Philosophy)
Top Bottom