I have had for quite a while a mod that modifies the ancient era by adding hunting, fishing, mysticism, stone tools and wood working. Monument and shrine buildings require these new techs and scouts / pathfinders require hunting. New buildings include furrier, carpenter, fish traps, apiary and the Lascaux Caves and Knossos wonders.
I have now adapted that mod for usage for VP for those who are interested in trying it out. The main differences between VP and this modmod (other than what is described above) are:
Current Issues / future fixes
- All food resources are visible from the start and some of them can be improved with the new tier 1 techs (fishing, hunting)
- Chopping forests is shifted to mining
- Chopping jungles is shifted to bronze working
- Trading post and lumbermill improvements become available with pottery and woodworking respectively (trading post starts at +1 gold then goes back to VP's +3 gold + 1 culture with currency)
Installation / Requirements
- The Labyrinth of Knossos (wonder) damages units all around city regardless of if they are on land or on sea. I will update this in the future to only affect land units.
- In my original mod, I had the elder council building which somewhat conflicts with VP's council building. I intend to replace the elder council building with VP's council building (putting the latter in Mysticism) but need to find another building to put inside the wheel tech first as it will be rather empty without a building. Until then both elder council and council buildings are in this modmod.
- There is a lack of buildings on game start - will be adding new buildings (with no tech requirements) and am working on a new wonder available with pottery.
Unzip the Ancient Techs Rebalanced - Vox Populi (v 1).zip file and copy the contents into your mods directory at:
C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS
Requires the (2) Community Balance Overhaul mod to run.
The steam subscription link of this mod can be found here.
Feel free to leave feedback, post suggestions in the discussion page.
We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.Dismiss Notice
Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.Dismiss Notice
All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.Dismiss Notice
To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.Dismiss Notice
- Dismiss Notice
Attention Modders! Please check out this thread about adding resource and linking discussion thread in our new Resource Manager.Dismiss Notice
Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.Dismiss Notice
Ancient Techs Rebalanced (Vox Populi) 1.2
Vox Populi Ancient Techs