Resource icon

First Peoples of North America 1.4 2016-10-05

The history of First Peoples intricate, with complex migration accounting for some unusual blood relationships and geography creating various alliances and divisions. As such, it is almost impossible to align civs based on ancestry and not always practical to do so strictly on shared practices.

Instead, these civs are based on anthropological divisions created primarily by terrain and resources. These division are generally accepted among experts, although they may sometimes feature sud-divisions.

What this mod represents is a conceptual look at North American First Peoples' societies. It considers what might have happened had there been unifying forces prior to the arrival of the first Europeans. Had trade and shared knowledged been expanded, might we have seen more complex societies among the nations?

As with my Civ3 mod for First Peoples, I have chosen to eschew reservation names for cities and have instead decided to use tribes as "cities" for these civs. This is representative of the nomadic nature of many First Peoples culture, and it respects the incredible diversity that existed within geographic regions.
Author
Wyz_sub10
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from Wyz_sub10

Latest reviews

I have some screenshots in the main forum here:

[url]http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=152199[/url]

I should post some here, but this mod is getting overhauled at present.
Sceen shot please.:mischief:
They already had a form of unity, and not all where nomadic.

The Iroquois had founded the basics of a democratic society with other nations, as well as a general unity amongst tribes just prior to European Settlement. There would have undoubtedly been more potent forms of kingdoms and nations had they been left a century or so longer unprovoked (however, where such processes took a short period of time in Europe, the North Americans had been trying at it since before BCE and had only begun to achieve such organization literally just years before settlement).

There was some basic information sharing, however the openness of information in a society is not the major factor in technological achievement and advancement. Europe and Asia are resource-rich continents compared to North America. Had they formed nations comparable to, say, Rome, it would have taken them much longer to discover new technologies and may have limited them to a lesser variety of such technologies. This is supported through the fact that it took so long for the North Americans to achieve something that had been achieved several times over in the rest of the world.
Top Bottom