The World at War – Irregular Units (WAW-IR) is a companion mod to the main World at War mod that adds Militia and Partisan units to the game. These units represent local citizenry joining the fight, when it starts getting close to home.
There are Irregular Units in all Eras, from the Ancient to the Information/Cold War. These units occasionally spawn near a Civ’s cities if they are at war with another major Civ. Wars against City States will not cause Irregulars to spawn. Militia can also be trained/bought (gold and faith). Partisans most often spawn when a city is captured by a different Civ.
- Militia and Partisans receive the “Irregular Troops” custom promotion. It means they have a +33% chance to withdraw when faced with a melee attack. It also reduces their Combat Strength -25% outside of Friendly territory and -50% against cities.
- Irregulars have a limited life-span, which is impacted by Game Speed: Marathon = 20 turns, Epic = 17 turns, Standard = 14 turns. And Quick = 11 turns. AI Irregulars last longer than units for human players.
- When these units disband, they will return gold back to your treasury.
- Irregulars can be “upgraded” to normal game units, but they will upgrade to an infantry unit an Era or two behind the Civ’s current Era.
- Irregulars moved too far from home may occasionally “run away” to get back to where they once belonged…
- Irregulars require no gold maintenance
- Militia units can be trained in cities, or purchased with gold.
- Militia and Partisans have a chance to spawn automatically in any city if that Civ is at war with another major Civ. Human players have half the chance of receiving an Irregular unit than do AI Civs.
- Damaged cities increase the likelihood of spawning. The more damaged, the higher the chance.
- Certain buildings increase spawn chance: Monuments, Barracks, Armories, and Military Academies.
- Partisan units often spawn near cities that have been captured by another Civ.
- Occasionally, militant City States will give you an Irregular unit.
Although this is a companion mod to WAW, it can be played separately.
Discussion Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/smans-the-world-at-war.638328/
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1629452724
Acknowledgements: This mod would not be working at all without the enormous assistance of LeeS and Whoward69 on Civfantics – thanks ! ! ! ! !
This mod was influenced by another several other mods:
Militia Defense, by framedarchitecture
Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition
Oddly enough, the ‘Partisan spawn on city capture’ routine I originally wrote myself. It was afterwards while researching another issue, I came upon Hulfgar’s mod with a very similar concept. Wished I would have see it earlier…
Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .Dismiss Notice
Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!Dismiss Notice
SMAN's The World at War - Irregular Units V1
Adds Militia and Partisan units to the game