1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

02-07-2012 - Hotfix incoming

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by anandus, Jul 2, 2012.

1. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

it's not the world builder you should look for in the Task Manager - it's the Civ 5 process (under processes, not applications).

killing that one will let you start Civ 5 normally without Steam complaining.

the actual issue you have is different and needs to be looked at.

2. JMLOng

JMLOng Chieftain

Yeah I get that all the time when I'm processing turns. Only seems to happen if I try to scroll the map whilst the turn is processing however. I might try to shift to view a little to see something and the camera pans rapidly and continually in one direction all turn. It's a little dizzying...

3. Specialforces

Specialforces Chieftain

This little glitche still there. When you click on in the options for Quick Combat only you also get Quick Movement clicked on. When you Click on Quick Movement there is nothing clicked on.

I guess this gliche wasn't corrected in the patch.

Anyone else have this happen?

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

You should probably try to activate/deactivate the automatic unit cycling option (just for testing).

And what happens if you try to end the turn? Civ should complain about the unmoved units, are you at this point still not able to click on them?

5. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Emperor

I am having this problem, except it would go to the spearman first and then to the scout. Just a minor annoyance, however. Nothing game breaking.

6. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

The first thing I looked for in that list of fixes was a fix for the annoying screen-scrolling-being-stuck-scrolling bug that happens when you want to look around during AI's turn. Well dang...

7. SHaW1986

SHaW1986 Prince

different? i have absolutely no idea what it could be with the world builder, but i will try what you said about the task manager, that is much appreciated if it works.

8. Huaojozu

Huaojozu Warlord

Hardly. For an example for the gaming industry, try Arcen Games. They list all their patch notes as they are being added and worked on, launch beta patches every few days (which you may choose to download or not) and actively listen to responses from the community.

9. anandus

anandus Errorist

I agree it could be better, especially indie companies do better, but on the whole Firaxis does a great job, most big companies are 'fire and forget', release a game and that's it.

10. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

Did you make sure to update the SDK post G&K? I find that the tools don't always auto-update.

This specific issue that you mentioned (WorldBuilder locking during the loading screen) did get fixed at one point (with people confirming it was fixed).

11. SHaW1986

SHaW1986 Prince

no, not POST G&K, but i did get the patch to the SDK right before the game came out. has there been another patch since release, if so how do i find it? i just tried my world builder yesterday and it was having the same problem.

12. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

there were a couple of patches to the SDK around the time of the vanilla patch/beta.

I think you have to go into the tools section and right click on the SDK->Properties and check the update status to see if it's automatic or not.

else, perform an integrity test on the SDK (from the properties menu) to see if you missed a file in the download (if it's only 1 file, then it means you didn't miss any).

13. Schalke 04

Schalke 04 Knappe

I instantly went offline with steam when I heard of this patch. I just didn't want to take the risk, that savegames wouldn't work anymore. Since I didn't read of any problems with older saves here, I can assume that I can safely install the hotfix? :confused:

14. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

15. n00bxqb

n00bxqb Warlord

There's an extremely annoying glitch where, if you move the cursor as you end your turn, the screen keeps moving. It didn't used to do this in vanilla Civ 5

16. Schalke 04

Schalke 04 Knappe

But I definitely have the same problem without the new hotfix. So that is a problem of G+K itself, not the hotfix.

17. omnishakira

omnishakira Warlord

If a user does not have a religion, and receives a religion from another Civ, setting the "automated faith purchase" option could previously cause a crash when the purchase tries to fire for either the player, or the AI.

Thank you.

18. MajKira

MajKira King

the glitch between next units was extreme on larger maps could be not appearing by deactivating auto cycle and using windowed mode. the comp is faster than switchting between units you use the bolt button, which is better having deactivated auto unit cycle so screen doesnt move wildly to units,
    screen moves wildly to side sometimes yes when cursor not on middle of screen at end of turns

19. Montov

Montov King

The auto unit select at the beginning of the turn (and 'follow up' turn) is good, but when I'm selecting a promotion or a new tech, I get redirected to a new unit...

20. Venger

Venger Give it a tumble, sport

A fix that is not mentioned is the City State road quest when the road must travel along a harbor based trade route. Prior to the fix, roads to City States that connected to your trade network were not "noticed" if the link had to travel over a harbor. This has been fixed, at least in my game, the very first end of turn after the patch, the City State recognized the road, whereas it never had prior.