096 coming soon

Rhye

's and Fall creator
- Added barbarians in Africa
- Increased time needed by worker to perform some jobs in order to reduce loading times
- Added 2 camel archers to Arabian starting units and 1 archer to Roman
- Final update for the city maps
- Updated random city lists
- Updated Russian and Mongolian settlers maps
- Russian names now all adopt GOST Romanization standard
- Number of turn now added in the savegame name
- Barbarian shouldn’t raze cities anymore
- AIWars more random
- Tuned vote formula, now much less influenced by world rank
- Normalized votes points for more balanced results
- Player now can always refuse Congress decisions
- No more than 9 civs in a Congress
- Human player can refuse to partecipate to a Congress
- Human player can bribe an opponent, who if accepts, will vote like him. If it’s very annoyed with the proposal, it might even vote against any human decision.
- To bribe another civ, human player can offer 25%, 50% or 75% of his gold
- For Congress flips, new garrisons are placed instead of flipping units
- AI no longer asks American cities with foreign population
- When not invited, flips are notified
- Flipping cities have now more culture so that they shouldn’t be choking anymore
- Tuned research percent depending from handicap
- Changed Dawn of Man text
- Fixed human cities not flipping to a new civ bug – now they flip all at once with just 1 popup rather than 1 popup per city
- In that case units now all flip instead of being replaced
- New possible collapse condition: if a civ is completely kicked out of its motherland
- If a capital is taken, all the surrounding cities in a 3x3 area flip to the new owner
- New Persian UP: any city conquered make surrounding cities in a 2x2 area flip to Persia. Capitals still 3x3.

Looks like some very promising changes there, especially to congress. Gotta finish my china 093 then start a new game as soon as its out :)

:lol: That sounds so funny.

[offtopic] This is my new homepage. I love you, Limewire. :love:

Everything looks good, I can tell a lot of our comments have been responded to. The Congress looks much more fair, too! :dance: A few questions:

When Persia conquers, say, Babylon, can it have the option to raze Ur? Or vice-versa? Also, does the AI now declare war with somewhat of a reason, no more friendly/polite wars? And do Congress-flipped cities retain some of the original culture?

Forget sleep, I'm playing this now! :goodjob:

SilverKnight

And do Congress-flipped cities retain some of the original culture?

I was thinking about the same too.

Sounds great!

If it’s very annoyed with the proposal, it might even vote against any human decision.

I know this may seem rare, but I could see people exploiting this. E.g.: mongolia could sway the vote and he's annoyed with me! So I'll vote for what I DON'T want, and mongolia will vote for what I DO want!

Or am I misinterpreting the situation entirely?

- If a capital is taken, all the surrounding cities in a 3x3 area flip to the new owner

I tested it and it´s great! The only thing that it´s not quite right is that the flip without revolts, when they do happen in the captured capital. I think they should revolt too. And maybe the flipping of units is a bit too much. Perhaps you can replace them with a new garrison according to the tech level of the conqueror, and leave the other enemy units outside.

Well I guess there might be a rare situation where the whole WORLD is annoyed with you... so you vote YES, to trick everyone else to say NO?

Might be rare, but it can happen.

Glad you added civ collapse if they are kicked out of their homeland. I really got sick and tired of trying to hunt down a country's colonies to finish them off. Now is it just possible that a collapse will happen in that case, or is it certain? Because it would make it a lot easier to beat those european countries that do a lot of colonizing. If I only have to defeat the 4 or so cities they have in europe and not theer 10+ colonies all go barbarian, that's a heck of an advantage over the AI, as the AI would undoubtedly not realize this.

There are other unfair advantages. For example, we know the map! Also we know that capturing a capital brings down surrounding cities. If the AI could manage that would be interesting.

is there a way to change it to be that the civ could still survive if it has a large concentration of cities in a different area? e.g., portugal was overrun by napoleon, but the monarchy took up residence in brazil. one would think that if a nation has a large colony, it wouldnt just give up, it would move to the colony and fight on

Elhoim said:
There are other unfair advantages. For example, we know the map! Also we know that capturing a capital brings down surrounding cities. If the AI could manage that would be interesting.

ooh, I didn't know that. That's cool. :goodjob:

Top Bottom