[NFP] 1.06 version ps4 era selection issues and loss of notifications

Slick94

Chieftain
I am currently experiencing issues which are preventing me from progressing the era and unable to receive in game notification on ps4 civ 6 version 1.06 I had achieved 28 era score of 25 era score points toward the very first Golden era as the Ethiopian civilization and the square button is not allowing me to change eras and progress it is also affecting city production screen the pick a science/religion/culture options but not the next unit exclamation mark and in regards to notification button on triangle I get no notifications at all regarding disasters, trades, score etc. This particular error/bugs I have been able to repeat between both the france magnificence and Ethiopian civs between 3 different games and map types the true start location earth for Ethiopia and the continents and islands and 4 leaf clover maps for France magnificence also this is a single player campaign with secret societies and apocalypse mode enabled for the current Ethiopia game

Attachments

• 20200724_191523.jpg
    20200724_191523.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
Yes I have this too, on ps4.

Full reinstall fixed it. But just got back in today and the same has happened again

I guess I won't be playing on the console any time soon then!
I shall stick to the PC version methinks.

I am currently experiencing issues which are preventing me from progressing the era and unable to receive in game notification on ps4 civ 6 version 1.06 I had achieved 28 era score of 25 era score points toward the very first Golden era as the Ethiopian civilization and the square button is not allowing me to change eras and progress it is also affecting city production screen the pick a science/religion/culture options but not the next unit exclamation mark and in regards to notification button on triangle I get no notifications at all regarding disasters, trades, score etc. This particular error/bugs I have been able to repeat between both the france magnificence and Ethiopian civs between 3 different games and map types the true start location earth for Ethiopia and the continents and islands and 4 leaf clover maps for France magnificence also this is a single player campaign with secret societies and apocalypse mode enabled for the current Ethiopia game
BTW - a golden age with just one city is a damned good start (or at least it would be if you could actually get to the next era, that is) - what level are you playing on please? (out of sheer curiosity).
This is a nasty bug - did anybody at Firaxis even play test the PS4 build?

I am also experiencing this on PS4 with a (single player) game I am playing. I cant open up my notifications and I am unable to progress to the next turn. I started a new game, and there it also occured from the beginning.

I tried uinstalling/reinstalling the game but the problem remained. And the problem also occurs when loading older saves.

Last edited:
I believe the difficulty was prince or emperor however I just found a ton of stuff and made it to gold within like 2 turns of era change also i uninstalled the game and all packs and reinstalled them didnt work same issue and then it happened on a multiplayer game I had that was started and saved before I downloaded dlc it caused the issue there but not on his screen so I know the update wasn't the issue since he could progress and see notifications so we got off game i uninstalled again and didn't reinstall the ethiopia pack or the persona packs and set my ps4 on rest mode for a day or so checked earlier today and loaded a different older file with different civ online and it still isn't working

Weird.
I was not seeing this problem after the free update last month, so unless this is triggered by loading a saved game from an earlier version it must be the new patch/update.
I will try to make the time to check this tomorrow & see what happens. Hopefully, starting a new game from the new version will do the job....

I have tried starting a new game from the new version (even with a disabled Ethiopia pack) but the problem remained.

So an update I was playing with my buddy and suggest to delete the save file since I had deleted game with no additional packs installed neither the ethiopia pack or the persona packsand it still wasn't working because he thought it might have ended up with a corrupted/broken file when the dlc downloaded so I decided to do that and give it a try since I didn't have much data on the ps4 version he did the same and bought the Ethiopia pack when we installed it we haven't tested this with the persona packs yet but it does work to fix the notification and the era change and the square to go to production/science/culture on both offline and online its a drastic fix that deletes all hall of fame stuff but it works will check later to confirm if its the fix repeats for multiple days/play sessions

Hey! I'm experiencing the same thing with Civ6 on my PC. To add some more detail to what I believe is the exact same situation as OP, even with vanilla civilizations, it doesn't allow me to pick era dedications. As well, it makes everything that one would quickly navigate to through the bottom right corner (picking civics and techs, promoting governors, and choosing productions for cities) much more inconvenient. The biggest issues are that it 1) won't save any of my games, and 2) this is basically gamebreaking as the game won't progress without making era dedications.

After further troubleshooting, the game works perfectly with the standard ruleset, even with DLC civs like Khmer. Rise and Fall appears to be the bugged expansion, by the looks of it, which is unfortunate because I enjoy the depth that both it and Gathering Storm bring to my game. For now, I think we have to wait for an update to this game if we don't want to take more drastic measures like Slick or Nazeem's.

TL;DR: For now the simplest thing to do to get the game working again is to play with the vanilla ruleset.

I’ve had this same exact problem and the worst part about this bug is that it makes the game literally unplayable because you are unable to progress to the next era without selecting a era devotion.

Top Bottom