1.18 released

Thanks for these. I'll try the patch with the Indian save game right away!

edit: Eleven more turns; sadly error is back (attached).

Damn. Was the error every turn again, or just once?

Also, your Dido saved game crashes for me so I guess simply having the custom DLL renders saved games incompatible with Mac, regardless of using extra civs or not.

I was finally able to replicate and fix the core problem. I also found a nasty bug with the Colosseum and fixed that too. Patch is attached to the first post of this thread, easier to find there. The same two files need replacing, both in /History Rewritten/Assets/Python/.

Found another python bug:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 361, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "CvEventManager", line 2053, in onCityAcquiredAndKept
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'isHasMet'

Happens when you capture a wonder. I'm fairly sure I captured a city with a wonder yesterday, so this must be new since your last fix.

There's an error with Bug in this version. If you turn on attitude icons, they don't show up. If you turn on number of cities at the same time, some numbers get bolded if you toggle attitude icons.

Xyth, in the thread "About HR" the dutch don't have a UB.

Fixed, thanks.

Found another python bug:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 361, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "CvEventManager", line 2053, in onCityAcquiredAndKept
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'isHasMet'

Happens when you capture a wonder. I'm fairly sure I captured a city with a wonder yesterday, so this must be new since your last fix.

Replicated this. It's harmless (no ill effect to a game, just a message that doesn't get displayed) so I won't upload a fix right now, I'll wait and see if anything else is reported first and deal with it at the same time.

There's an error with Bug in this version. If you turn on attitude icons, they don't show up. If you turn on number of cities at the same time, some numbers get bolded if you toggle attitude icons.

Ugh. That'll be a gamefont issue and a nightmare to fix.

And a few more minor suggestions for 1.18:
  • I like that Harbours are available before Lighthouses in HR. Why not take it one step further and swap the effects of Harbours and Lighthouses, just like in the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization mod? It makes more sense that way: Harbours offer shelter to fishing boats and provide +1:food: on Coast and Ocean tiles. Lighthouses offer direction to trading vessels and provide +50% trade route yield. The Cothon and Trading Post UBs can be tailored to match.
That does make sense. I'll put it in.

Did you change your mind about this?

Also, another minor suggestion:
  • Inquisitors and the Fundamentalism civic have the same icon. I like it very much, but we probably shouldn't use it twice. Until you find a replacement, the old BtS icon for Organized Religion (a hand clasping a sacred text) would suit Fundamentalism reasonably well.

I was finally able to replicate and fix the core problem. I also found a nasty bug with the Colosseum and fixed that too. Patch is attached to the first post of this thread, easier to find there. The same two files need replacing, both in /History Rewritten/Assets/Python/.

Another error message (new game). Is it the same bug? Should I abandon custom DLLs or something?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 79
  • ErrorZip.ZIP
    402.5 KB · Views: 72
I've updated the patch in the first post. Unless I messed something up it fixes all issues reported so far except the Colosseum -> Settlers problem. Instructions are also in the first post and it shouldn't break save game compatibility (but back up just in case).

Did you change your mind about this?

No, I just ran out of time. I'll do it for 1.19.

Inquisitors and the Fundamentalism civic have the same icon. I like it very much, but we probably shouldn't use it twice. Until you find a replacement, the old BtS icon for Organized Religion (a hand clasping a sacred text) would suit Fundamentalism reasonably well.

I thought I used that icon somewhere else, but possibly not. Will check.

Probably as a side-effect of the same problem, the Foreign Advisor's Glimpse page now shows... absolutely nothing.

Yes, another symptom of the same problem. Fixed in the patch.

Another error message (new game). Is it the same bug? Should I abandon custom DLLs or something?

Unrelated bug but easily fixed. In the patch.

HR1.18: In the attached save file, Suryavarman of the Khmer is Imperialist but doesn't always get the "No Resistance in Captured Cities" bonus. A bug?

Attachments

• Surya AD-0260.CivBeyondSwordSave
    664.1 KB · Views: 55
HR1.18: In the attached save file, Suryavarman of the Khmer is Imperialist but doesn't always get the "No Resistance in Captured Cities" bonus. A bug?

The code for that is in the same routine as the error wanderm reported a couple posts up. I suspect that error is causing the entire routine to fail and thus preventing the Imperialist trait (and some others) working. Grab and install the patch from the first post of this thread, it should solve it. If it doesn't let me know.

The code for that is in the same routine as the error wanderm reported a couple posts up. I suspect that error is causing the entire routine to fail and thus preventing the Imperialist trait (and some others) working. Grab and install the patch from the first post of this thread, it should solve it. If it doesn't let me know.

Thanks! I'll let you know if I see it again.

Sorry, I had missed the patch --- I assumed that the re-upload included everything.

Xyth, I've added save files for Colosseum and Brandenburg Gate issues to my last post in the 'Feedback: Buildings and Wonders' thread.

Edit: Still getting random crashes in the Renaissance era.

I have updated the patch in the first post with a fix for the Brandenburg Gate movie and for the Colosseum. The latter should no longer give you the wrong unit and, more significantly, it should no longer cause a crash. There's been a hard to track down mid-game crash since 1.17 and hopefully that was it. Fingers crossed.

I also altered it slightly so that you cannot build the UU of another civ unless that civ is also capable of building them.

EDIT: Main download updated with this patch. You now only need the patch if you've downloaded 1.18 before the timestamp of this edit (see below my signature).

I have updated the patch in the first post with a fix for the Brandenburg Gate movie and for the Colosseum. The latter should no longer give you the wrong unit and, more significantly, it should no longer cause a crash. There's been a hard to track down mid-game crash since 1.17 and hopefully that was it. Fingers crossed.

I also altered it slightly so that you cannot build the UU of another civ unless that civ is also capable of building them.

EDIT: Main download updated with this patch. You now only need the patch if you've downloaded 1.18 before the timestamp of this edit (see below my signature).

Now I'm lost as to which patch is which! Isn't it simpler to attach a version number such as "1.18.3" to the versions rather than patching?

No insult/complaint intended! I am enjoying this version!

Now I'm lost as to which patch is which! Isn't it simpler to attach a version number such as "1.18.3" to the versions rather than patching?

No insult/complaint intended! I am enjoying this version!

I didn't want everyone to have to redownload the whole mod constantly. Hopefully there's no more critical errors requiring a patch. The main bug left that I know about is Villages and Workshops destroying Flood Plains but that will will be quite an extensive fix, affecting numerous files. It would thus require a reinstall and is likely to be incompatible with current saved games (I'll have to check) - may be best to leave it until 1.19.

I haven't had this many bugs with a realease for a while, not surprising considering 1.18 contains a lot more custom code than any previous version. I apologise for the confusion with the patches and such. From 1.19 on I'm going to release a beta version and give early adopters a week or two to report bugs before announcing a stable release.

Top Bottom