1.3!

People keep bumping this thread and it's keeps getting my hopes up then letting them down. Please let this thread die. For the sake of my sanity.

Oh, get over it :rolleyes:. The 1.3 will be out. Valkrionn said there were only minor fixes left. He did not say if testing had started, but even that would not take much time.

"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Valkrionn and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Valkrionn does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Valkrionn will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
(the link goes to the wrong place, simply go back a page)

You are incorrect. "Soon" implies in the near future. Humanly, "soon" means within a week or two; possibly as near as a few days. "Soon" can never refer to past events. "Soon" must arrive before the end of time as "Soon" is a measurement of time.

Instead of being upset over release dates and delays. Maybe we should talk of patience. Keep up the good work, Valkrionn :goodjob:.

Where is the newest edition going to be posted? Will it have it's own thread? It would be funny if it were posted somewhere hard to find in the beginning, and make people search through the threads to find it or stumble upon it while catching up.

Where is the newest edition going to be posted? Will it have it's own thread? It would be funny if it were posted somewhere hard to find in the beginning, and make people search through the threads to find it or stumble upon it while catching up.

It will probably be in the "download and current change log" thread in the first post.

more specificaly in this case: http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon

Valve and Blizzard can both get away with such a loose interpretation of the concept of time because thier products are worth it.

as far as im concerned, RiFE is in that same catagory of "worth the wait"

"Soon" can never refer to past events.

Unless you possess a time machine. :)

Mind you if you possess one of those you wouldn't be waiting for 1.3.

For that matter, if you had a time machine, you could get a pal to lock a cat in a box with some toxic food, nip into the future, check on the welfare of said moggy, wait til you find one that didn't eat the posioned chow, then nip back in time to a point between the feline incareration and emancipation and tell your chum how it's going to end. Of course, this might cause half the universe to collapse...

Precluding the possibility of a Cat Lazarus, this means that the only possible outcome would be for the cat to eat the poisoned food every time. As you wouldn't know precisely *when* it died, you couldn't jump back in time to tell your friend that the cat was dead, because the cat would be alive and dead at the same time at that moment. However you could open the box - at which point the cat would have to be dead, because otherwise you would be able to tell your mate even earlier the great news about Tiddles continued existence.

But hang on. If you've already proved to yourself that the cat is dead before you've opened the box, haven't you just destroyed half the universe? So the cat must be alive, right.... *Bugger*

All of which begs the question.... Does the Tardis run on dead cats? Is the Doctor secretly a closet tabby torturer?

...And hopefully that should give you more than enough to think about whilst you are waiting for 1.3.

well ... Valkrionn still have some time until 23:59 o'clock on edge of timezone shift ... it's still like 12 hours from now until Thursday :D considering that he will show up on #erebus in about 3 hours, it gives him around 8 hours to finalize barbarian&animal system, quick rebalancing doveillo and achros due to animal changes and releasing it ...

I like arcticnightwolf's optimism.

Wait a second, aren't you on the team? How come you don't already know whether 1.3's actually coming out today? Oh and are there any other secrets we can pry out of you?

I like arcticnightwolf's optimism.

Wait a second, aren't you on the team? How come you don't already know whether 1.3's actually coming out today? Oh and are there any other secrets we can pry out of you?

well, it's because only thing that is being waiting for is Valkrionn's code (( and maybe Snarko's AI - but not sure whether it's really planned for 1.3, 1.3 patch or 1.4 )) ... and Valkrionn usually shows up on #erebus channer about this time, so I don't know ... :D

"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Valkrionn and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Valkrionn does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Valkrionn will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

:goodjob:

In this case, 'soon' means "maybe today, maybe tomorrow, no later than this weekend". Like I said, animals took longer than I thought... But it's worth doing right. Complete redesign of the system.

There will be all-new stickied threads, won't be able to miss them. ;)

well ... Valkrionn still have some time until 23:59 o'clock on edge of timezone shift ... it's still like 12 hours from now until Thursday :D considering that he will show up on #erebus in about 3 hours, it gives him around 8 hours to finalize barbarian&animal system, quick rebalancing doveillo and achros due to animal changes and releasing it ...

.....You posted that at 3:04 my time. It is now 6:00. That's almost spooky.... :eek:

well, it's because only thing that is being waiting for is Valkrionn's code (( and maybe Snarko's AI - but not sure whether it's really planned for 1.3, 1.3 patch or 1.4 )) ... and Valkrionn usually shows up on #erebus channer about this time, so I don't know ... :D

Not quite true, need some from Opera as well, and need to fix a bug with the Sidar. :p

.....You posted that at 3:04 my time. It is now 6:00. That's almost spooky.... :eek:

mwhahahahahah, i have demonic powers which allows me to know things that will happen in future ... this is my proof ... (( and there is also one in Leader Pass thread in internal RifE forum )) ... MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahha :mischief:
[[ well, this might be also caused by that in last 3 weeks you almost always showed up at that time, so ... I gave you two possible explanations - now it's up to you which one you will trust :D :D :p ]]

Not quite true, need some from Opera as well, and need to fix a bug with the Sidar. :p

so it's not going to be today
edit: so it's not going to be yesterday
edit2: so it wasn't going to be yesterday
edit3: dammit :D

A while back you said that you were taking the promotion 'omnipotence' out right?
I want it to stay, even though it's nigh impossible to get I like the idea of maybe using the worldbuilder to play around with it. Sure it only give +4 strength and blitz, but the name is cool :D

A while back you said that you were taking the promotion 'omnipotence' out right?
I want it to stay, even though it's nigh impossible to get I like the idea of maybe using the worldbuilder to play around with it. Sure it only give +4 strength and blitz, but the name is cool :D

Yes, but in 1.4 when the rest of the magic system is redone. For reasons that shall remain unspecified, it would go from nigh-impossible to actually impossible to achieve.

Yes, but in 1.4 when the rest of the magic system is redone. For reasons that shall remain unspecified, it would go from nigh-impossible to actually impossible to achieve.
...but you could still use worldbuilder to make yourself (or enemy:mischief:) have a walking god :(

Top Bottom