1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1.3!

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by OpheliaImmortal, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

For what it's worth, AND 1.74 is out, if you need to pass the time.

And I'd totally be on a rant right now if they had both released on the same day. At least until the downloads finished.

edit: That seemed funnier when I thought I was responding to the last page of comments (must have clicked on 10 rather than last). D'oh. Anyway, still can't wait for Wednesday, or, whenever.

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I feel your pain man. I'm italian and born on the 22th of december, many many presents fused with the christmas ones, it sucks :lol:

3. Jarwy

Jarwy Warlord

I really hope 1.3 fixes some serious issues with this mod mod.

My first game ended almost right from the start with an anonymous crash which repeated itself regardless of loading the game. (Erebus map)

My second game ended at turn 100 or so when six, 9 str boars and 4 Psions rampaged all over my three cities. Pretty good co-ordination from damn animal packs and... whatever those glowing things are. Oh, and I had the option turned on to keep animals out of the cities, but the boars were listed as Bhall's minions for some reason.

I might've held off that attack... if I had continiously built combat units from the start, but that would just ruin the game. (non-Erebus map)

*sigh* And it looked so addictive too.

4. Opera

Opera Deity

Yeah, fixing the animals overpoweredness is our priority for 1.3 :)

5. velk

velk Chieftain

You got off lucky ! ;p

After wiping out 4 civs in about as much time as it took to walk across the continent (~ turn 500 on marathon), I made the mistake of stepping into a 6 square patch of unclaimed land and had 4 steam tanks, 6 organ guns, 10 musketmen and Goliath, all highly promoted, killed in one turn by spider packs and sabertooths ;p

6. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

... wow ...
    but yes, that pretty much describes current state of barbarians, not even heavily promoted Sphener with 4 paladin can't survive lategame in unowned areas - i tried that via WB, because normally i get beaten by turn 30-150 by animals, and if they are off, then by barbarians :D

7. Dissonance

Dissonance Warlord

To play the Devil's Advocate.... What were you doing walking into savage lands with no prior scouting or rangers in your army? In the real world, animals are bad enough to armies. On Erebus... animals just get worse.

I haven't met anything that can take out a well promoted Mechanos ranger backed up by several 2-move organ guns. Including giant lizards, raptor packs etc.

Do Barbarians get much, much worse on higher difficulties? I'm habitually playing on Monarch, and barbarians/animals don't give me any trouble. I have Timid Animals on so enemy civs don't dissapear, but there are few things early on that several warriors, fortified in hills, cannot withstand; and when they do kill, i ensure to focus-level some unit or two, to have Guerilla I promotions as soon as possible. A level 3 warrior with Combat I and Guerilla I, fortified in a hill city with palisade, will not go down easy.

Then, I get Hunters as soon as possible, and instead of fearing large animals, I capture them for my Grand Menagerie....

8. Meldon

Meldon Warlord

I once had a 100 exp fully promoted adventurer(axeman) killed by a Dire Hamster with no promotions but Combat I, II, and III. :D

9. Jarwy

Jarwy Warlord

Ah yes, Timid Animals. Clearly you haven't met the civilized boars from my game that can cross any border regardless of "no entry, animals" signs. In retrospect, it is possible that barbarian Psions dominated the poor boars to serve as their shock troops, but AI isn't that smart. Right? Right?!

----

A question for anyone: What does it mean when your unit gets replaced by a green sphere and how is it fixed?

There has been a massive green sphere in the ocean in all my games, which, when looked into in editor, was some kind of barbarian thing. Another unit to have gone "green" was an Amurite fort commander.

10. Baleur

Baleur Prince

Gone green. LOL. Girls gone green? >_>

11. twinkle

twinkle Chieftain

greetings. I understand that 1.3 is being tested before you release it, but um... any chance we can get like a beta or something? I read that you're thinking it'll be released in a couple days, but frankly, with you-know-what being released tomorrow... after tomorrow, rife will be off my radar entirely for a long while. just sayin'.

still luvs u fuzzy dewdz, just jonesing for the stuff.

12. Opera

Opera Deity

Well, not everyone likes Starcraft :p

And no, there's no public 'beta' planned for 1.3... but maybe for after :rolleyes:

13. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

What's Starcraft?

14. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

What's the purpose of life?

15. Phoenix204

Phoenix204 Chieftain

16. Meldon

Meldon Warlord

Well I can't afford Starcraft, so. RifE, yey.

17. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

well said

18. Segolenus

Segolenus Chieftain

Torchlight

19. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

I didn't like storyline of Torchlight ... although it was quite fun :D

20. cvx

cvx Warlord

Torchlight was about fun one time for 6 hours or so in comparison to Median which i play quite regular for about 4 years now. Diablo 2 (with mods) >>>>> Torchlight.