1.3!

i would not be surprised if 1.3 is just a 3gb file of valkrionn laughing for hours :D

AI. Basically, civs can now have flavors; This allows us to code specialty AI without hardcoded references to civs, in ways that can be recycled for other civs as well. This is already done (though not merged in; I tend to merge his code in large blocks when he's done with it). The two flavors already in are SAVE_GOLD and HIGH_POPULATION; Respectively, they tell the AI to save gold or emphasize population (even to go over the happy cap).

The awesome thing about flavors is they are not simply bools; You have a range of values you can use, that determines how strongly the AI will follow that flavor. The High_Pop flavor, for example, will be used for both Calabim and Kurios... the Calabim simply have it set much higher.

The specific suggestion I made (though civ-flavors was already my suggestion :lol:) was an Apocalypse flavor, for the Sheaim and Infernals. :mischief:

Can flavors be assigned on the fly? It would be interesting if certain civs would switch to bringing about the apocalypse if they fall too far behind or are losing a war against a powerful enemy. Scorched Earth on a bigger scale, so to speak.

Also would be fun if Perpentach's AI switched flavors along with traits.

Making my contribution to get the post count to 100!

Also, I think that 3gb of Valkrionn laughing is insufficiently evil. Obviously, it will be a 3gb file of Valkrionn laughing while a vuvuzela plays in the background!

DUN DUN DUNNNN!

CivFlavors are currently not modifiable in the game. They are stored on the civ info, like for example flavors are :p
But I can make the player store them instead, if it's worth it.

so close! :D

well ... it's worse - it's French girl ... :D

huh ? i can't find that on wiki ... or is it some kind of cfc-meme ?

"Tantalus" explains it better.

from wiki:

As his punishment for such a heinous act, Tantalus was chained to a rock in the middle of a river in Tartarus with a grape vine hanging just out of reach above his head. Cursed with unquenchable thirst and unending hunger, Tantalus constantly tried to reach the water or food, but each time, the water and grapes would recede out of his reach for eternity. It is from Tantalus's name and torment that the word tantalize is derived.

Valkrionn the Tantalizer!!!

So, we better leave this thread for a little while :p

so you can now build mines on top of mushrooms?
can't wait :D

there goes my attempt at sarcasm *sniff*

Top Bottom