1.3!

I'll continue with the 47 Hints You Are Anticipating 1.3 Too Much!

4. Even World Cup cannot prevent you from looking RifE thread on daily basis (or hourly, if your addiction is severe enough...)

5. You ponder on the word "Eden" and what does it has to do with 1.3

6. Your heart began to race when looking at hamsters. All kind of hamsters.

(Should I post each hints in separate posts?)

4. Even World Cup cannot prevent you from looking RifE thread on daily basis (or hourly, if your addiction is severe enough...)

... I refresh the page about every 30 minutes ... :(

• Ranged Attacks should no longer cause OOS issues.
    • Very nice bit of work here, it's something that has been wanted for some time. ;)
    • I've been unable to test it, but Snarko ran several tests of it.
Actually, I haven't tested the current version. I did test one way of solving it but that didn't have the same functionality as the old way, so I changed it and did not test the change.

Does the AI pursuing an Altar victory take effect even if the victory condition is not active (higher level altars are pretty useful in any case, I think)?

The AI may still use the building victory strategy that I added but it's checking for enabled victories only. I did however intentionally make the strategy so that it would help the AI go for tower of mastery victory as well. Since I've yet to add code teaching the AI how to get manas for tower victory it doesn't help much, yet.

7. You have stocked up on food and toilet paper. (for the month long binge once the game is released).

8. You forgot to stock up on clean underwear.

9. To afraid to go to the store because you might miss the release of 1.3.

10. Wearing a grass hula as an underwear supplement.

11. Ran out of grass, so you call Jesus to see if he delivers. (Jesus with an H not J)

I'll continue with the 47 Hints You Are Anticipating 1.3 Too Much!

5. You ponder on the word "Eden" and what does it has to do with 1.3

6. Your heart began to race when looking at hamsters. All kind of hamsters.

(Should I post each hints in separate posts?)

Eden has nothing to do with RifE. It's CiV. ;)

Actually, I haven't tested the current version. I did test one way of solving it but that didn't have the same functionality as the old way, so I changed it and did not test the change.

The AI may still use the building victory strategy that I added but it's checking for enabled victories only. I did however intentionally make the strategy so that it would help the AI go for tower of mastery victory as well. Since I've yet to add code teaching the AI how to get manas for tower victory it doesn't help much, yet.

Ah, we'll have to have the testers on it then. :lol:

World Cup? What's that? /American

Snarko, good luck on the Tower of Mastery. The only way I ever get it is to reassign four nodes repeatedly for each of the lesser towers which makes no sense for any other purpose (I otherwise assign mana nodes once and leave them). Is there any chance the oft-discussed non-victory Tower of Mastery will be appearing any time soon?

Also, does the AI try for "Gone to Hell" victories when enabled? I tried it recently and lost three games because Stephanos showed up before I founded Ashen Veil (as Sheaim) and kicked my butt. The last time I managed to found it first, but the AC shot through the roof in no time so that all four horseman were wandering around simultaneously and a quick check of the victory screen found that Agares was way ahead in the AC contribution race. So I'm not even sure how I would approach that strategywise.

World Cup? What's that? /American

Snarko, good luck on the Tower of Mastery. The only way I ever get it is to reassign four nodes repeatedly for each of the lesser towers which makes no sense for any other purpose (I otherwise assign mana nodes once and leave them). Is there any chance the oft-discussed non-victory Tower of Mastery will be appearing any time soon?

Also, does the AI try for "Gone to Hell" victories when enabled? I tried it recently and lost three games because Stephanos showed up before I founded Ashen Veil (as Sheaim) and kicked my butt. The last time I managed to found it first, but the AC shot through the roof in no time so that all four horseman were wandering around simultaneously and a quick check of the victory screen found that Agares was way ahead in the AC contribution race. So I'm not even sure how I would approach that strategywise.

The tower AI wouldn't come until 1.4, for unspecified reasons. :mischief:

The Gone to Hell victory may be pursued by the Sheaim and Infernals at least, if Snarko adds something I suggested. :lol:

good luck on the Tower of Mastery.
Already done that (although on Noble playing FfH - cool victory BTW).
12. I really want it now! :gripe:
13. I really want to play (but can't due to WoC error or won't due to not being able to play a full game) (sorry Valkrionn)
14. I like to complain (but hey, at least you know I care ; kudos to the entire RifE team; would you continue modding if NO one wanted to play your mod?)

I meant teaching the AI how to build the Tower of Mastery. I suppose the one other thing you could do at the same time is teach it to earn Omnipotence.

I can't say I'll miss it as I was never anywhere near achieving it.

Was your suggestion to Snarko an AI thing or something else? Part of my concern with the victory/any strategy for it is that running up the AC seems to happen pretty easily in RiFE (though I've seen it go all the way back to 0 in other games w/o the victory switched on) and the AI players have no way of dealing with the horsemen as early as they show up. Maybe adding something like Wildmana's Elohim purity mechanic would help, at least in games they were present for.

I can't say I'll miss it as I was never anywhere near achieving it.

Was your suggestion to Snarko an AI thing or something else? Part of my concern with the victory/any strategy for it is that running up the AC seems to happen pretty easily in RiFE (though I've seen it go all the way back to 0 in other games w/o the victory switched on) and the AI players have no way of dealing with the horsemen as early as they show up. Maybe adding something like Wildmana's Elohim purity mechanic would help, at least in games they were present for.

AI. Basically, civs can now have flavors; This allows us to code specialty AI without hardcoded references to civs, in ways that can be recycled for other civs as well. This is already done (though not merged in; I tend to merge his code in large blocks when he's done with it). The two flavors already in are SAVE_GOLD and HIGH_POPULATION; Respectively, they tell the AI to save gold or emphasize population (even to go over the happy cap).

The awesome thing about flavors is they are not simply bools; You have a range of values you can use, that determines how strongly the AI will follow that flavor. The High_Pop flavor, for example, will be used for both Calabim and Kurios... the Calabim simply have it set much higher.

The specific suggestion I made (though civ-flavors was already my suggestion :lol:) was an Apocalypse flavor, for the Sheaim and Infernals. :mischief:

15. You're keeping track of two developments in gaming. One is by a multi billion dollar company and is for a game with 11 million players. The other is RifE. You're more exited about the later.

16. with every passing day you're more convinced that Valk & the crew ( the fact that 1 of them is a French does not make it better) REALLY enjoys the show called "the curse of Tartarus".

Top Bottom