1.52 Patch Available

does anyone else get this "Txt_key_popup_regenerate_map" as an option when you bring up the menu? also a few of my other options say this Txt_key stuff? what is that?

Marathon speed for those who thought Epic was too fast.

The previous way stored the random number seed in save so that reloading a combat over and over gave the same results each time. Now you have the option to not have it work that way, in which a reload can give different results
maybe they provide this cheat so that people can beat deity

I think it's more fun to find stuff as we go until the changelog is posted. ;)

New scenarios!

1. 8 kinds of maps featuring AllGrass! They are varied by size. I don't know why they just didn't make a script for it, though.
2. Battle for East Asia. It's a mod, not just a scenario. What fun!

Oh yeah you can also talk to people in the lobby while you're in a game's lobby (online).

warpstorm said:
The previous way stored the random number seed in save so that reloading a combat over and over gave the same results each time. Now you have the option to not have it work that way, in which a reload can give different results.

ahhhhh ... thanks.

I just stumbled across this patch, and was coming on this forum to tell other civfanatics about it, but you guys beat me to it. Downloading it now, should be fun to try the marathon mode, will at least give me more time to use my modern army before the game is over.

In the options for a custom game there are two which look new to me. New Random Seed on Reload and No Cheating.

The info screen (f9) has a lot of new stuff, including a new graph.

Civilopedia is now word-based instead of picture-based (an improvement).

Globe view may come up faster - hard to say.

The readme has not been updated since 1.09 and I see no other documentation at this time.

Does anyone else have the Marathon speed or is this mod I forgot download? ( Globel view is a little faster.)

Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the icon for gold has been changed, so it actually looks different to the commerce icon:)

Jimbo30 said:
So we have a decent 'epic' game at last? Or did they further increase building times thereby evening it out again?

It does take longer to build stuff, I had a warrior take 30 when I first build one.

Exavier said:
hmm i hope this patch doesn't mess up 2 many mods lol

I think some adjustment may be required ... perhaps the civ one will not be needed now, they may have put in some of the lost units ... all in all, I would expect a modification or two to be required.

If the mods replaced the main Civ4 XML files, I think they have been replaced with the new v152 files. I've heard a guy online losing his mods because of the patch.

Personally I think it's just better to have mods that are actually MODs and don't replace the main XML files in situations like this.

Kolyana said:
I think some adjustment may be required ... perhaps the civ one will not be needed now, they may have put in some of the lost units ... all in all, I would expect a modification or two to be required.

well if they change 2 much of the things that are in my mod it might reset me to square one... usually easier to start from scratch then play hide and seek for the changes. especially if noone can find a changelog lol

xGBox said:
If the mods replaced the main Civ4 XML files, I think they have been replaced with the new v152 files. I've heard a guy online losing his mods because of the patch.

Personally I think it's just better to have mods that are actually MODs and don't replace the main XML files in situations like this.

Well if your modding the base game files then your always going to have problems when a new patch comes out. My biggest worry though is gameplay. If they change alot of things that directly effect xml/python changes made in a mod it could cause problems... something like a Great General Mod.

I think any mod that runs out of the (correct) CustomAssets or Mod folder will be fine, but those who edited the Install Directory files will have to redo.

In your case, Exavier, I think you'll find you have more issues of mods you're using to fix Firaxis 1.09 issues (like interface changes or missing units) rather than outright code problems.

I didn't say it when I posted here earlier in this thread but thank you for a pre-Christmas release of this patch. :goodjob:

Top Bottom