10 turns left

what do you do in the last ten turns

• hope that you get to alpha centuri in time

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • edge up the culture slider - need the points

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • add to your bank balance

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • give Monte a final bashing (every acre counts)

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • do some research - future tech III looks tasty

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • time for the first warrior unit (but why rush)

• admire the devastation - you conquered all in AD 80

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • hope Monte doesn't reach your capital too soon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • press next turn repeatedly

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • other

• Total voters

johncross21

Warlord
loads of post here about the crucial first turns but in the last 10 turns what can be done to seal victory or avoid defeat

what about the last two turns. actions stations or last minute tweaks

Pretty much finish it up. If its close I might get excited or nervous, but there's nothing to do except go with what you got.

For spaceship parts, any last-minute tweaking (ie making towns to workshops,etc) would be done before last ten turns.

Only one where it really matters besides in a close game down to the wire would be a peaceful diplo victory for me, where I'd tweak every single diplomatic bonuses I could get (backdoor doesn't matter since you vote yourself in).

Well the only time I pretty much *know* I have 10 turns left is a space race, so yeah I'm pretty much pushing next turn over and over again.

^ Likewise. About two-thirds of my wins are Cultural or Spaceship. I'm either building Culture or Gold in case of Cultural, or have Alt-queued my best defenders for Space.

I almost allways crank up my culture slider cause that leads to dom victory faster. Of course it might not be last 10 turns but last couple of turns at least. It also gives higher score if i am going for space. For cultural, well it is cranked up way before 10 last turns but cranked up it is so thats why i chose crank up the culture slider.

Suposing that we're talking about SS launch in normal speed, I turn all the sliders to 0% and (if possible) $ rush lots of nukes or military units and make all the upgrades I can.... Most of the times a AI thinks that is is last chance of trying to stop me ( Can't win if I'm dead... ) and lauches a full scale attack, so a good welcoming commition is in hand...

I voted for giving Monty a final thrashing, and indeed I usually spend the last 10 turns in a military offensive to seal my domination victory. However, it's very rarely Monty I'm attacking at that point -- I take him out as soon as possible, and he's either dead or vassalized well before the game's over. Much more likely that I'd be attacking Hannibal or Brennus or Lincoln or basically anyone who isn't Monty/Shaka.

Generally my wins are late modern era, whether by domination, diplomacy, space, or culture. SO I am either waitng for the pace ship or cliking the button.

About 10% of my games fall into an option not listed. I am bascially nuking all the backstabbing Moron just for spite, not caring whether they respond as my spaceship is already in flight!

If im building the space ship and it has launched in bts i always start rush buying nukes and nuke the civ i hate the most in the game i played :devil:

Top Bottom