> 10 yield display

merijn_v1

Black Belt
Download

In the vanilla game, the maximum amount of yield the game can display is 9. After that, the symbols that show 5x a yield are stacked on top of each other, hiding them behind eachother. In the vanilla game, this isn't a huge issue, as the maximum yield a tile can provide will not go that high. However, many mods have the possibility to get higher tile yields. This modcomp fixes this problem.

Modder notes:
- Make sure that the last slot of a yield (10th for food, 20th for production, 30th for commerce) is empty in the dds file. (The game still thinks that the 16th slot is the empty slot. I forced it to use the new empty slots when necessary)
- GlobalDefines.xml: MAX_YIELD_STACK is changed to 10
- CvPlot.cpp: CvPlot::updateSymbols() is changed.

This modcomp increases the display limit to 29. (from 9) A higher yield will still have the old issue.

A larger limit is possible, but for most mods not necessary. If desired, I can make this one too. Likely I will change the larger symbols to represent 10x yield, otherwise the symbols would be clumped together too much.

Credits:
Asaf - I used the nif and dds files from this project. (special thanks to f1rpo for notifying me about this project)

Last edited:
merijn, you truly are a treasure for our community. :love:

Good idea to make this a modcomp, and thanks again for solving this for DoC!

Hello!

On the screenshot attached there is unusual world builder palette in the top right corner.

Could you please provide a link to download this tweaked world builder?

Thank you

The tweaked WB is Platybuilder.

Top Bottom