1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

100+ Killed in India Bombings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emzie, Jul 11, 2006.

1. jalapeno_dude

jalapeno_dude AKA Panda Judo Eel

Yes, there is, though not usually to this extent. See this page on terrorism in India.

2. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

All are prime numbers?

3. jalapeno_dude

jalapeno_dude AKA Panda Judo Eel

Aegis noted that it seemed like all of the major attacks happened on the 11th. I was refuting that.

4. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

I know, it is just an observation. Of course, we all know there is no pattern in their attacks. They simply strike when they can.

5. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

Its most likley Islamic terroists backed by Pakistan. Proably the LeT, they are the ones who typically carry out these types of attacks. Once it becomes clear as to who did this there should be a harsh response. The newspapers here say that there are links to Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Students Islamic Movement of India (SMIC). The papers say that the trains were plotted by Lakshar modules with collabaratiom by SMIC. (Times of India)

Too often have Paksitani backed terroists waged war against India using Pakistani training camps, weaponry and intelliegence. Pakistan has been able to time and time again get away with using terroisim to wage war against India. It is time we retaliate in kind. We should support Baluchistani rebels, and other various sepratist groups within Pakistan who have been known to carry out such attacks. Let Pakistan get a taste of its own medicaine and see how it likes it. If Paksitan chooses to wage war on India by terroism then India will do the same on Pakistan.

6. allhailIndia

allhailIndia Deity

Too often INdian governments have been too incompetent or too scared to take any aggressive measures against terrorists in Pakistan occupied Kashmir, preferring instead to extend in a bit of pointless sabre-rattling that gets them a few column inches in newspapers....

Nor has adequate pressure been placed on Pakistan to close the camps on their side of the border, internationally or otherwise.

The only time when aggressive action was taken was in mobilizing troops after the politicos themselves had been attacked, that is the Parliament was attacked..

I suppose the ordinary INdian's live is not worth protecting as long as they have the secure protection of Z-class security!!:mad:

7. Xenocrates

Xenocrates Deity

From the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/india/story/0,,1818564,00.html

Let's not be hasty.

8. Eran of Arcadia

Eran of Arcadia Stormin' Mormon Retired Moderator

The Sunshine and Lettuce Capital of the World
    It does seem odd that one of these Islamist groups would do this then deny responsibility. Isn't the whole point of terrorism to make people afraid of what you can do, and isn't that hard if they don't think it was you? It makes me wonder who really was responsible.

9. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamist_terrorism#Organizations

Lakshar-e-Taiba has had no qualms about killing civillians before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lashkar-e-Toiba

Neither group has shown any great deal of restraint when it comes to killing civllians. Frankly I am skeptical of their denial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hizbul_Mujahideen

10. Eran of Arcadia

Why are you skeptical of their denial? I thought that the whole point of terrorist attacks was to draw attention. Denying them would be counterproductive.

11. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

Perhaps they realize that there will be a large outpouring of anger, and harsher measures taken against them in retalaition for one of the biggest attacks I believe India has ever suffered.

12. Eran of Arcadia

Then why do it in the first place? I thought that taking responsibility was something usually done right afterwards, so they would have done it before hypothetically they saw that reaction would be worse than expected.

13. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

And Bali was 10/11.

14. Xenocrates

Xenocrates Deity

If they admitted previous attacks but not this one, it does seem to justify some skepticism about who did it.

Maybe there's a new group or maybe something more sinister. Were there any odd movements on the rupee (both Pakistani and Indian) or shares? There were on the pound before the 7/7 London attacks.

15. betazed

betazed Seeking...

yes there was an odd movement. The BSE sensex went up by 315 points. Go figure! :)

16. Xenocrates

Xenocrates Deity

Hmm that scuppers that idea then.

I mean that ever since history began, people have been prepared to kill for money. I know they kill for 'freedom' and 'independence' as well but it was worth considering a financial motive.

17. aneeshm

aneeshm Deity

Let me use this opportunity to tell that families of the victims that Islam is a religion of peace , that it could never be responsible for something like this . No Muslim could have ever done something like this . I bet it's the . . . . . Jews . Or maybe the Hindus did it to themselves to make the Muslims look bad ?

18. aneeshm

aneeshm Deity

The Indian government has decided not to let it go , this time . It has cracked down on SIMI ( Students' Islamic movement of India ) , a banned organisation which gives support to terrorists .

Link

But I am sure this is consipiracy by the Hindu government of India to persecute the poor Muslims of India . SIMI were nice people . Honest .

19. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

While it wouldn't suprise me if Muslim terrorist groups (all too easily does this term get lost in these debates) were behind the attacks, I think their denial is resonable grounds for skepticism.

20. Gr3yL3gion

Gr3yL3gion Voice of Madness

My condolences to anyone affected in this senseless tragedy.