1205 AD on GEM

Did the Crusade quest get finalized?

No, Zebra is MIA (I do know he has tons of requests from other modders re: python).
I can trigger a minor crusade event with my limited python skills, but frankly I aimed for something major and drastic, that only he could help me customize.

God job!
I'm glad you enjoyed the scenario.
It seems in Europe you managed to have the upper hand, as probably from now on just France will be a major threat (France always does very well in my games).

The Rus are quite tough, if nobody attacks them within the first 200 years.

It seems you are on the right path to win the game, even tough land wars in Asia are problematic to say the least.

I think your major rivals will be the Mongols, The Song and the Jin Dynasty.

Have fun!

Well, war with France doesn't seem too far off. With Welf so close to France, it should help me a little. Then, after France is conqured, I'll move on toward Iberia, which should be easier than France.

However, even with Rus, Venice, and Welf as my vassals, I still have plans for conquest, when the time comes. I think Venice will be my first target though. Venice being conqured will give me full controll over Italy.

My main goal is to capture all of the old Roman Empires land, and then some. I've been playing recently, and eliminated a smaller, yet equal threat. Georgia became my 4th vassal, saving me from any threats near my capital.

I am worried about the Asian land war I know I'm going to have to fight sooner or later. I still can't know for sure what I'll be going up against, seeing as I haven't got a complete map of Asia. If the Mongols are the Mongols I now, then Jin should be conqured, and Song atleast loosing cities.

My only complaint, however, is barbarian city names. Olmec and Anasazi (I apologize for my horrible spelling) are just a little north of Korea...Possible a small reason for th enext update? :)

Hi!I tried to download the map but it said: Invalid File ID. Maybe the file is broken or deleted?

I'm interested in this senario

That's bizarre. I just tried to download it and it appears to work.
Maybe try again and keep me posted if you experience any trouble with it?
In that case I will erase it and re-upload it.

T.

Hi Traiano,

First, congratulations on a job well done!

I noticed Barcelona is marked on the map, on a plot with a village...

How did you do that? Would like to know!:)

Hello,

I've been playing both this and Lokulos' 1862 scenario, and like how Lokulos does a 4 seasons each year thing, is there any way I can implement this into 1205 AD?

-Axov

Hello.

Firstly, really great Mod, I am loving it.

I am having a problem though when I try and load a game whilst in the scenario.

I get this error message...

FATAL_ERROR

memory allocation failure - exiting program

Reason:Bad allocation

Could anyone shed any light on this one? Or recommend a possible solution.

Many thanks!

Hello.

Firstly, really great Mod, I am loving it.

I am having a problem though when I try and load a game whilst in the scenario.

I get this error message...

FATAL_ERROR

memory allocation failure - exiting program

Reason:Bad allocation

Could anyone shed any light on this one? Or recommend a possible solution.

Many thanks!

Please see Welcome to Gianth Earth Map post 3:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6863669&postcount=3

This should do the trick - worked for me as well :)

btw - Welcome :band:

I'm planning to release a new version very soon.
The main change will be the removal of the Latin Empire.
Its place will be taken by the Kingdom of Serbia, using a very cool new LH for Stefan Dusan, that was made available just 3 days ago.

As a matter of fact I noticed that during gameplay the Latin Empire was absorbed by his neighbors before 1250AD (like it happened in history).
However its presence created several issues regarding cultural borders.

Also I noticed Catholic civs have the tendency to become very aggressive toward Orthodox ones (to the extent the weaker ones, like bulgaria and Georgia were often forced to convert to Catholicism).
The presence of a 5th orthodox civ might help to better balance the game, creating a larger Orthodox group..

Other changes will include:

- Setting Poland and Kiev Rus at war at game start.

- Give Cataphracts strength 11.
In fact byzantine-based civs are too underpowered if we kept it at strength 10 (making cataphracts essentially way weaker than Knights).

- Venice will drop to 3 cities (Venice, Corfu and Crete) but will gain further economic power (extra market in its cities).

- I'm pondering if to hand Trebizond to the Byzantines. It is historically not too accurate, considering Trebizond was an independent Crusader state after the fall of Costantinople (1205AD) and not part of the Empire of Nicea. However for game mechanics it might make sense to provide the byzantines with a chance to attempt a restoration of their former power (the same criteria I used for the Kiev Rus, that incorporated also the Republic of Novgorod rather than keep them separated).

- Athens, Costantinople and Thessalonica, aka the Crusader States, will start as Independent/barbarian cities (holding several world wonders).

- I'm pondering if to add the Native American civ.
The dilemma is, which existing civ to remove? (we already reached the max of 39 allowed by the ddl).
An option would be to remove the Crown of Aragon that is possibly the weakest civ.
That would also provide Castile-Leon with a better chance to expand on its path to become Spain.

Hey that's great news. Will this be released compatible with 6.1?

Personally, it would be nice to have an option of playing a civ like the native Americans. Removing Aragon would make sense to me too as you could otherwise just end up with 2 smaller civs in 'Spain' instead of a relative powerhouse.

Regards

Thanks for your input.
Accordingly I have removed Aragon and added the Native Americans.
Now Castile Leon and Toulouse have more room to grow and the americas see more action with 4 civs total (Aztecs, Maya, Incas, and Native-Americans)

I included the power score scroll-down in the mod, so that finally all the 39 civs can be seen on the main screen.

I also included new Lh for Stefan Dusan (Serbia) and Mindaugas as Boleslaw III for Poland.
Great Job by The Capo!
Moved Casimir Lh to House of Hohenstaufen and got rid of Brennus (not very lordly).
Ideally I hope to find a last LH to replace Ottokar/Christian IV of Bohemia, that is the only LH left that I'm not too fond of.

With regards to GEM 6.1, I'm not sure yet about modifying the mod for it, especially considering Clash of Kingdoms has some tweaks on its own that can be challenging (i.e. time consuming) to merge.

I'll check the files and will upload the new version once I'm done play testing.

I included the power score scroll-down in the mod, so that finally all the 39 civs can be seen on the main screen.

I also included new Lh for Stefan Dusan (Serbia) and Mindaugas as Boleslaw III for Poland.
Great Job by The Capo!
Moved Casimir Lh to House of Hohenstaufen and got rid of Brennus (not very lordly).
Ideally I hope to find a last LH to replace Ottokar/Christian IV of Bohemia, that is the only LH left that I'm not too fond of.

Cool! Hopefully the power scroll-down mod'll be included in GEM proper as well.;)

Top Bottom