1205 AD on GEM

Apparently, the File ID is invalid. That's the message I'm getting everytime I click the download link.

That's bizarre.
I tried to download it from two other computers and it works fine for me.
Strange.

I'm going to re-upload it.

I'll be downloading this in the next couple of days. It's great that you've incorporated the the scrolling scoreboard as i find this a real pain and am not very good at playing around with merging mods etc.

Ah! A Scrolling Scoreboard! There is a God. Anyway, I started a game as France. I was a little worried about not having iron right away. However, I got mining, and had it within 10 turns. I beat back England's invasion force, and captured London. After about 30 years of fighting England, I conquered the whole island, as well as Ireland. I supported the Welfs. I began giving them supplies, and they beat back their enemies. Great job so far. Have you thought of making another senario?

Ah! A Scrolling Scoreboard! There is a God. Anyway, I started a game as France. I was a little worried about not having iron right away. However, I got mining, and had it within 10 turns. I beat back England's invasion force, and captured London. After about 30 years of fighting England, I conquered the whole island, as well as Ireland. I supported the Welfs. I began giving them supplies, and they beat back their enemies. Great job so far. Have you thought of making another senario?

Glad you are enjoying the game.
And yes, the scrolling scoreboard really makes a big difference!
France is among the strongest civ, ergo even without iron at game start I noticed it does very well, especially having Toulouse as vassal.

I'm curious to hear if Castile-Leon is managing to fare better?
If they conquer the Almohades cities of Valencia and Granada, plus Saragossa - de facto completing the Reconquista - I hope they could become way stronger with a total of 5 solid cities in the iberian peninsula, compared to what they were in version 3.0 of the mod.

A new scenario?
I pondered the possibility.
However I havent spotted an historical period that I found very appealing (I'm fond of ancient and medieval scenarios) that wasnt already handled by Genghis Kai or IJnavy (like 200 BC).

Glad you are enjoying the game.
And yes, the scrolling scoreboard really makes a big difference!
France is among the strongest civ, ergo even without iron at game start I noticed it does very well, especially having Toulouse as vassal.

I'm curious to hear if Castile-Leon is managing to fare better?
If they conquer the Almohades cities of Valencia and Granada, plus Saragossa - de facto completing the Reconquista - I hope they could become way stronger with a total of 5 solid cities in the iberian peninsula, compared to what they were in version 3.0 of the mod.

A new scenario?
I pondered the possibility.
However I havent spotted an historical period that I found very appealing (I'm fond of ancient and medieval scenarios) that wasnt already handled by Genghis Kai or IJnavy (like 200 BC).

Yes, Castile-Leon completed the Reconquista. I believe they are at war with Portugal right now. Also, just a small update: I've openly supported the Welfs, declaring war on the Pope and Frederick II. I've already sent my forces into Italy.

Well, seeing as IJnavy has once again dissapeared, perhaps a 7th or 8th Centuary senario?

Yes, Castile-Leon completed the Reconquista. I believe they are at war with Portugal right now. Also, just a small update: I've openly supported the Welfs, declaring war on the Pope and Frederick II. I've already sent my forces into Italy.

Well, seeing as IJnavy has once again dissapeared, perhaps a 7th or 8th Centuary senario?

I'll think about the scenario, assuming IJnavy is really MIA.
I cant make promises as I do not have enough time to mod these days, but I'll do a bit of research.

I should have assumed that Isabella LH would turn also against its allies! (i.e. Joao/Portugal LH).

Out of curiosity, what difficulty level are you playing at?

I think I'll start a game as Serbia.

Senario: Alright, sounds good.

I'm playing on Emperor right now, just to get a feel for the difficulty level. I usualy play on Prince.

I've been thinking about either the Byzantines or Serbia, but I think I'll try the Welfs or Bohemia.

I am getting invalid file ID with the download link...

All you need to do is go into the download database, and find the file. You can ownload it. I had the same problem.

Thank you, I've found it!

Hey just downloaded the mod. I looks great. After opening up a few games I've decided to play as Aztecs and see how the world develops with the human player quietly out of the way until later on.

Can I ask, what is the significance of Barcelona? Or is this just highlighted due to its historical importance as it wouldn't fit as a city?

Ps Yey scrolling scoreboard!

Hey just downloaded the mod. I looks great. After opening up a few games I've decided to play as Aztecs and see how the world develops with the human player quietly out of the way until later on.

Can I ask, what is the significance of Barcelona? Or is this just highlighted due to its historical importance as it wouldn't fit as a city?

Ps Yey scrolling scoreboard!

Yes, a city wouldnt fit there.

I started a game as the Mongols (Prince level).
The economy is a complete disaster, especially if you fail to take Lhasa (Buddhist Holy city) and take too long to spread buddhism.

However thanks to the large army I managed to demand and obtain tributes from everyone, ergo avoiding army strike.
I barely sustained my economy, for a bit.

Western Xi Xia was destroyed with ease before 1230AD (refused to capitulate), Jin China became my vassal by 1300 AD. Korea was invaded and capitulated by 1350 AD.
Song China proved more resilient and I took just two of its cities around 1450 AD. In 1500 though my second invasion was more thoroughly planned and the Songs finally bent the knee and became my vassal.

Georgia, in trouble fighting Saladin and the Khwarezmian empire, became my vassal as well. My horde destroyed Jand and Urgench, capital of the Khwarezmian, before signing a peace treaty.
Saladin finally accepted to pay tribute and signed a peace treaty.

I lead by a lot (over 200 points).
My impression is that the Mongols, if properly played (i.e. not by the AI) are the most powerful civ.
The AI usually screws up when playing them, and after an initial good start, the Mongols are usually overcome in score by Jin or Song Dynasties, that have way better cities.

What the Mongols accomplish in your games?

I think I'm going to try a game as Portugal at Prince or Monarch level.

Usually, the Mongols build numerous cities, reaching Rus. They don't fght with their neighbors, however. No cities have been taken or lost.

As France: I'm doing well. I beat Frederick II back to Southern Italy, and am fighting Venice for Northern Italy. So far so good. Oh, it seems that Portugal established a city in South America. I guess they're going to try and settle Brazil, but I'm still not sure. I have a Galleon going to North America, to settle the East Coast.

Usually, the Mongols build numerous cities, reaching Rus. They don't fght with their neighbors, however. No cities have been taken or lost.

As France: I'm doing well. I beat Frederick II back to Southern Italy, and am fighting Venice for Northern Italy. So far so good. Oh, it seems that Portugal established a city in South America. I guess they're going to try and settle Brazil, but I'm still not sure. I have a Galleon going to North America, to settle the East Coast.

He took a few Chinese cities in one of my games. I also played as French, I found them a bit too overpowered(but historically accurate I guess?). I easily destroyed England, Spain and Portugal.

I'm coming up to 1600 in my game.

The Mongols are in the top 3 civs and have the highest land mass. They have been at war with some of the eastern empires, then made peace, whilst conquering barbarian civs and settling up to Rus. They have lots of cities.

I'm coming up to 1600 in my game.

The Mongols are in the top 3 civs and have the highest land mass. They have been at war with some of the eastern empires, then made peace, whilst conquering barbarian civs and settling up to Rus. They have lots of cities.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I did set the Mongols up so that they take over the barbarian cities of the Asian steppes, so that they reach Kiev Rus, as in history :D

It took me a lot of time to set them up so that they are a formidable foe, as their starting cities were/are quite weak and they used to focus on irrigation rather than on pillaging other civ lands.

In my games, at times, they take Chersonesos and have contact with all the christian/european civs.

Good to hear they are still doing good in 1600 AD!

I wonder if they managed to conquer or take cities from either Xi Xia (they start at war with it) or from Korea, Song or Jin Dynasties.

In my games, after 1450 AD, they often fight the Khwarezmian Empire, with an outcome that changes every time.

He took a few Chinese cities in one of my games. I also played as French, I found them a bit too overpowered(but historically accurate I guess?). I easily destroyed England, Spain and Portugal.

France is indeed strong.
I wonder if too strong.

I might strengthen England to better provide a solid rival in the region.

Another thing I've been thinking to change about France regards its ports: out of 5 starting cities only Rennes is a coastal city.
Might have to change that.

I also really want to see Portugal expand and settle in either Africa or South America, but in my games I dont think it has happened yet.

I also really want to see Portugal expand and settle in either Africa or South America, but in my games I dont think it has happened yet.

Maybe you can search Rhye's forum about it? I believe he came up with some kind of solution because Spain and Portugal often settle in South American in his mod.

Top Bottom