1900 AD - XX Century in Europe ( WW1-WW2 )

MaxRiga

Emperor

XX Century in Europe has just begun! It's up to you now to create new Antanta or mighty Reich .. or something else :)

You can play as one of European superpower on huge Europe map with realistic geographical borders at this time. All superpowers are also technological and military balanced for 1900 AD. Well, if you can hold your self in WW1 then prepare your self for WW2 massacre!

Tips:

1- Russia is big but poor. If you play it try to develop your self first. If you r not Russia then try to make alliances against it
2- UK is rich. Try to use money for wise diplomacy, because your allies will always share all resources you need
3- France has to finally choose it's patch - is it with Russia, UK or Germany?
4- Austria-Hungary is big and rich town-country. Having it's as allies can very change the balance of power in Europe.
5- Always let make one in game turn before you choose your cultural civics and diplomacy ( CIV5 AI will configure it self after first turn only )

Installation details -
1- download file and unzip ( 1900AD-Europe.Civ5Map ) to (user)/my documents/my games/civ5/maps folder
2- launch you civ5 - go to mods ( accept )- single player - set up game - click on earth and find "1900 AD by MaxRiga" map - check in "Load Scenario"
3- take any of Civilizations and "Start Scenario"

Current version - 2
C&K version - 1 ( there is unknown ctd in this version, please, let me know if you know what can lead to the crash )

I advise to use special speed turn mod to play this scenario.

Installation -

1- unzip "Scenarios Game Speed.zip" into - C: /// My Documents/ My Games/ CIV5 / MODS
2- launch CIV5, go to MODS / Browse MOD and check in - Scenarios Game Speed
3- go back to single player ( in MODS ) - set up game - click on earth and find "1900 or 1939" map - check in "Load Scenario", take any of Civilizations and "Start Scenario"

Attachments

• german-autria.JPG
    german-autria.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 11,405
  • kenegsbers.JPG
    kenegsbers.JPG
    247.7 KB · Views: 10,329
  • piter.JPG
    piter.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 9,385
  • 1900AD-Europe.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 4,006
  • 1900AD-Europe(G&K).zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,754
Riga.
I register just to congratulate you for the work you did in medieval. AND I see another scenario signed Riga
wooow
Thank you, thank you keep working. I would try to share suggestions for improved scenario. In all cases it's good work

Congratulations.

I will test this mod too. I would give my impressions later.

Straight to the top

Ironic really... just this morning I said to a friend I can't wait for a WW2 Mod to be released, but I bet it'll be months away.

This will keep me going for a while! Installing now. Feedback to come.

XX Century in Europe has just begun! It's up to you now to create new Antanta or mighty Reich .. or something else :)

Very nice! Goodlooking screenshots, great details. :goodjob:

Two minor comments: Strasburg was German from 1871-1918. And I suppose you mean Entente.

Aren´t you going to upload it on the mod hub? :confused:

Biggest issue I've seen so far is the massive hit to happiness (-80 odd with England) you start with. Makes building things VERY slow.

Biggest issue I've seen so far is the massive hit to happiness (-80 odd with England) you start with. Makes building things VERY slow.
I have not tested this scenario.
But gold rushes in the England, is not it?
It stated that Riga. Must see the possibilities with gold. If possible, improve happiness

True -80.. it will be difficult.

5- Always let make one in game turn before you choose your cultural civics and diplomacy ( CIV5 AI will configure it self after first turn only )

Playing as England I choose the right ( commercial ) civics and bought many luxury resources from abroad and my happiness was +20. It's always up to a player how you lead your country ;)

Also if you are playing as Russia you will find it very difficult to earn money, well, I managed to have positive budget balance after 2 hours of playing it, heh :)

Aren´t you going to upload it on the mod hub?

I'm not sure you can upload just a single scenario to there. But, any way, it's such a mess in mod hub and u can't find anything there so it's much easier to have it posted on the forum :)

I loaded Germany, and holy fork are they in a pickle. I /had/ to adopt Autocracy in order to be able to be in the yellow, since they had so much units, and even then I'm only getting like +7 or so.I was -38 in happiness. Also, three GGs seem like overkill in my opinion, I can easilly blitzkrieg my foes if I wanted to.

Fixes:
-38 Happiness? Really? How am I supposed to work that out
-Why am I forced to adopt Autocracy if I want to balance my budget? What If I want a German Republic?
-I can build /the Oracle/, and other various, anicent or non-European wonders. You should disable them in the mod.

You should disable them in the mod.

The first of all I shouldn't be doing anything. I may too, but not should.

The second it's not MOD, it's single scenario and you can't disable ancient wonders in it. I can just place it already in different towns ( Like I did with Statue of Liberty wonder, I placed in Riga town for fun ).

I can easilly blitzkrieg my foes if I wanted to.

Do it, and post here your screen, please, when you take Moscow, ok?

-38 Happiness? Really? How am I supposed to work that out

I'm really sorry if you don't know how to trade luxury resources and build coliseums.

-Why am I forced to adopt Autocracy if I want to balance my budget? What If I want a German Republic?

You are not forced to do anything. It's, probably, the only way YOU KNOW how to.

Well, you might want to preplace all Wonders in more or less historical locations. Just a thought.

Statue of Liberty in Riga? :lol:

I disagree on the hub being a mess, BTW; you can disable any or all types of uploads to see the ones you´re interested in.

You know things. JEELEN:) Like
Entente ? It is a city?

Google is your friend:

Entente, meaning a diplomatic "understanding," may refer to a number of agreements:
History

• The Entente cordiale, 1904 between France and the United Kingdom (U.K)
  • The Anglo-Russian Entente, 1907 between the United Kingdom and Russia
  • The terms The Entente, The Triple Entente, The Entente Powers, and The Entente Forces also refer (informally) to the Allies of World War I, that is, powers opposed to the Central Powers in World War I
  • The Little Entente, 1920 to 1938 between Czechoslovakia, Romania, and the Kingdom of Yugoslavia
  • The Baltic Entente, 1934 to 1939 between Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia
  • The Conseil de l'Entente, 1959 between Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Benin, Niger, and (in 1966) Togo
Other

• The Entente Florale, an international competition recognising European municipalities and villages for excellence in horticultural displays
So no, not a city AFAIK. ;)

Great job,
I was looking for a modern scenario for Civ5...you made it (i also liked your other mods based on Civ4).

Only one thing: did you finally find a way to correct the Date bug in the MEdieval scenario (after 5 turns i was in XVIII ieme century /).

I'm currently workin on a World map starting at 1885 to simulate the end of the colonization in africa and the futur World War conflict, and i'm interested if you have succeed in correcting this issue.

(Sorry for the bad english :))

WORLD war 1-2
Map of europe
My face. ಠ_ಠ

I absolutely love this scenario. It looks great and I'm surprised how roomy things feel on only a large map. My only gripe that the date increments are way too huge. It goes from 1900 to 1925 on marathon speed.

There's a bug on the map. North of Libya, in the middle of water, is a source of horses. :lol:

The Ottomans seem like the perfect civilization to use for a peaceful victory. With a decent navy, the Ottomans are in a pretty defend-able area. You can easily put the budget far into the black (much easier than Russia). A domination victory with the Ottomans is pretty hard. Both Ottoman UUs are ready to be obsolete in a tech or two and the UA doesn't really imply here anymore. A cultural victory would be the easiest for them but I can see a good space race victory as well.

The Russians are probably meant for a domination victory. Go down the Autocracy tree and you'll have more coal, iron, and horses than you know what to do with which is good because you'll probably end up trading them for cash since I can't for the life of me get the Russians in the black. Road maintenance, combined with building maintenance, just screws you over and Russia starts at what, -150 to -200 in debt per turn? Russia's in position to overrun the Ottomans and take Istanbul by marching through Romania or through the relatively unprotected Russian southern border. However, its probably easy to get a diplomatic or science victory for them.

The Germans have it pretty rough at the beginning. Their first UU is already out and their UA doesn't apply here. But allying with Austria-Hungary can help balance the powers in Europe. Taking Italy first is probably the best first move here as most other victories are very difficult.

The British can shoot for any victory. Want Libya? Take it. The Ottoman Navy and Army is no match for you. Your only real enemy is probably France

The French are hillariously awesome. Their UA may be out of the picture but even the AI is great using France. The British declared war twice on the French and couldn't deal any lasting damage and the AI managed to conquer Spain and Italy all by itself.

The Italians are in an incredibly bad situation. Everybody but the Russians have an easy shot at them. The only way to survive here would be gaining some minor nation allies and expand into Libya.

I downloaded this mod this morning and my graphics were all screwed up. I switched to strategic view and it worked fine, but then I tried to switch back and civ 5 crashed. I have never had a problem before... I will check if it could have something to do with some other mod.

Still, great work on the scenario. Look really fun. I would love to play a ww1 in multiplayer.

I find that Austria-Hungeria seems to be a little to weak. They look like they are a liability to Germany rather then an asset. Seems kinda wierd that Italy is a major power while Austria-Hungeria is not.

I guess it would make sense if thinking about the full period from 1900 to 2050. But then Ottomans should not be a major power either.

Perhaps make Italy a city state allied to France and friendly to Germany?

I find that Austria-Hungeria seems to be a little to weak. They look like they are a liability to Germany rather then an asset. Seems kinda wierd that Italy is a major power while Austria-Hungeria is not.

Well, Austria performed accordingly during WW I; even knowing Italy wouldn´t keep their alliance (claiming they hadn´t been informed of the ultimatum to Serbia they stated that the terms of the alliance didn´t apply) and considering they had ample time to prepare before Italy actually joined the Entente, Germany still had to come to the rescue - even though Italy´s performance was as bad as it was to be in WW II. By WW I Austria had effectively ceased to be a major power - and Italy never became one (assuming they had the potential in the first place); by starting the war they effectively signed their own death warrant.

Top Bottom