19Delta's ship yard

The only thing physically I find wrong with the model is the 16" guns. The turrets are really much too small for them. If you look at any contemporary BB with 16", the turrets are much larger than the Bismark's 15". One inch may not seem like much, but it is in BB terms. A much bigger barrel and recoil mechanism must be housed in a much larger turret, along with added armor to withstand it's own shells. The turrets on the H-Class were much larger than the Bismark's for them to carry the 16".

I'm glad you caught that. I guess the 15" guns can stay then. There was a factory set up specifically to manufacture 15" shells for the French Rechelieu while it was in the US being completed, so I don't see any reason why that factory couldn't also have manufactured shells for the Bismarck. Surely improvements could have been made on the 15" shell to make it more lethal. That being said, I don't see any reason why new more lethal 15" guns could not have been produced and installed. Let me go ahead and edit the history section then. Thanks for the save.

Champagne always comes in handy, but why the bump?

I don't have internet access right now. I'm still in transition and funds are kind of tight until I can get everything moved down here to Ft. Hood and get the house in Memphis rented out. She's going to have to sit in the slip way for now, but hopefully not for too much longer.

We'll wait for you! RL does take precedence.

Top Bottom