2013 NHL Playoffs

I thought it was the team motto.

Hey guys, a Pens fan here. I'm pretty new to the forums and it's my first time checking out the sports section.

Happy about tonights game although I've been worried about the Isles from the start and they have played well. I hope the Pens can finish it off on Sat I don't want to deal with a game 7 in the first round.

That also sums up Ottawa-Montreal, except with Anderson instead of Rask.

(Insert joke about the Impact wanting to trade for Zibanejad)

I'll tell you something that really, really, really surprised me: in the blowouts (score-wise, not necessarily play-wise), the Habs seemed to stop trying halfway through the third. It's somewhat easier to understand beer-leaguers taking it easy when they are down 3, 4 or 5 goals, or if they somehow feel that the refs are against them, but I have a harder time seeing pros affected by this.

As a fan, I obviously prefer to win (although the letdown of victory can be less stimulating than the agony of defeat). But win or lose, I would at least want my team to keep it up until the end.

Keep in mind that team was descending into crippled injury-ness further and further. I know that Pacioretty at least was playing on a dislocated shoulder, and Prust was badly injured as well long before he started missing games. If you were playing through the pain, once the game is lost, it'd probably become way harder to keep giving it your all.

Yeah, I just read on RDS.ca that White had a perforated lung... that's just plain crazy.

Well, I liked my theory better when I thought it meant they didn't have character, but injuries would probably really do that to you.

The video is from several years ago, probably wasn't directed towards this series. :p

Hahahahaha the Leafs won.

Hahahahahah. Hahahahahahahahaha.

Haha.

... I expected them to lose. What do I do? Do I... celebrate?

There were some fairly questionable non-calls at the end of that game- I felt that the Bruins got away with several trips and obstructions.

Top Bottom