Chicago in 6
San Jose in 6

I don't think I want to see how I did after the first round. :cringe:

Second round:

Pittsburgh in 6 vs Ottawa
Boston vs NY Rangers in 7

Chicago in 6 vs Detroit
Los Angeles vs San Jose in 7

Let's see if the trend of "whoever beats the Canucks wins the cup" will continue...

1 Pittsburgh v. 7 Ottawa in 5
4 Boston v. 6 NY Rangers in 6

1 Chicago v. 7 Detroit in 6
5 Los Angeles v. 6 San Jose in 6

Pittsburgh in 6
New York in 7

Chicago in 5
San Jose in 6

Also, I'd like to shamelessly promote those SB Nation blogs. Really the best fan-run blogs on the internet and the comments section run heavier than any other blog I'm aware of (aka solid, closely-knit community they all have going)

I'm a Vancouver fan, but right now I'd have to say I'm rooting for Ottawa, with the hope that we'll break the Canadian cup drought. I'm also cheering for anyone who's playing against Boston or Chicago.

Of course, if I'm going to hold grudges against every team that's beaten Vancouver in a significant series, I find myself with scant few teams to support, hahah.

Anyway, I have traditionally been an anti-fan of Detroit (cheering against them, because they're so good ;)), but in this scenario I could see myself cheering them on, especially given that I have several good friends who are also riding the Octopus.

So were I to rank the remaining teams in terms of preference, I'd say Ottawa, Detroit, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Boston.

Anyway, I have traditionally been an anti-fan of Detroit (cheering against them, because they're so good ;)), but in this scenario I could see myself cheering them on, especially given that I have several good friends who are also riding the Octopus.

Don't you dare root for detroit. Ever.

I have had a bit of a problem with Detroit... I think it has to do with how they were very dominant over a decade ago, and how that time coincided with an era of what I considered to be really boring hockey. It's like they remind me of the dirge that were the 10 years before the 2004-05 lockout.

I have had a bit of a problem with Detroit... I think it has to do with how they were very dominant over a decade ago, and how that time coincided with an era of what I considered to be really boring hockey. It's like they remind me of the dirge that were the 10 years before the 2004-05 lockout.

I'm an Avs fan who grew up at the height of the Avs-red wings brawls so I still love to hate them, even if I don't take the "rivalry" seriously anymore

I'm an Avs fan who grew up at the height of the Avs-red wings brawls so I still love to hate them, even if I don't take the "rivalry" seriously anymore

Yeah it's this whole era that was a little meh for me. But I could understand how someone's team being involved in that rivalry would like that era. But for everybody else... It's the culmination of everything that needed to change in the rules before the lock-out. Also, I was more of a Nordiques fan until they moved, and the Avalanches winning the cup on their first year in Colorado (and subsequent ones)... yeah that wasn't very nice to the 10-13 years old me of the early-mid 90s.

Top Bottom