2K Announces Civilization Revolution for Next Generation Consoles!

an update:

Sid Meier's Civilization(r) Revolution(tm)

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution will be the first offering in the legendary Civilization(r) series to appear on next generation consoles and handheld systems. In development by legendary designer Sid Meier and Firaxis Games(tm), this game will deliver Civilization's renowned epic single-player campaigns featuring vast re-playability and unmatched addictive gameplay. In addition, with revolutionary features like real-time interaction with leaders and advisors, extensive multiplayercapabilities and integrated video and voice chat, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution will completely transport the Civilization series to a level of gameplay that fans have never seen before.

Developer: Firaxis Games, a 2K studio

Platforms: Xbox 360(tm) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION(r)3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo's Wii(tm), and Nintendo DS(tm)

Available: Spring 2008 for the Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and DS and fall 2008 for the Wii

It seems to be the first Wii multi-platform NOT shared with the PS2 or the PSP too.

Platforms: Xbox 360(tm) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION(r)3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo's Wii(tm), and Nintendo DS(tm)

Available: Spring 2008 for the Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and DS and fall 2008 for the Wii

It seems to be the first Wii multi-platform NOT shared with the PS2 or the PSP too.

Woot it is for the Wii:D

Finaly, some info (goes and reads it all down to the tiniest detail).

(reads the first 3 paragraphs and comes back). Looks like all of those who were said this would be a dummed down, sexed up version of civ were right. I don't want a game that "can be finished in about 3 hours". Thats not a civ game, thats the time I spend deciding which settings and leader I want to play my next game with!

Shorter games a smaller maps :(

However, the Unique Bonus, economic victory, new combat system, and spies being able to steal Great People are interesting. Maybe we might see these in Civ 5.

I was praying for this for years! but it'l suck if it doesn't stay true to the pc versions!

Top Bottom