2nd European Pitboss game !

The only issue there should be with upgrading a pitboss game is if someone set an admin password on the game, and you dont know what it is (need to input the admin password when you load save in pitboss now)

I think that drib's suggestion was by far the best ;)

Though I'm happy to continue the game too.. I can play today or tomorrow during the morning / afternoon.

Stemil said:
I think that drib's suggestion was by far the best ;)

I dont think Dan will agree tho.

I think I'm still leading in scores, so I suggest we decide that I'm the winner:p

Must admit though that since Stem now has that other continent all by himself, is also leading in tech and Drib is still a thorn in my fesh it's very diffucult for me to win.

A session Saturday afternoon could be ok for me. Maybe at 13 GMT?

I should be able to play on Saturday. 13GMT is ok (also a bit earlier if you like, I'll probably join the game before that time anyway as usual)

BTW - I did cave in and install the new 1.61 patch to see what it's like. I haven't noticed any significant changes though, except that I couldn't join the PB game because the versions were different. I've installed a second copy of Civ4 under 1.52 though, to continue with this game.

Hi Guys - I'm really sorry, but I don't think I'm going to be able to play today. I've just switched on my computer and the monitor has died on me, I can't get a picture at all. I don't know how long it will take me to replace it (I may be able to bororw one for tomorrow) but otherwise I'm a bit stuck. I can get to these forums occasionally by borrowing my mate's computer, but it won't run Civ4.

Or just a thought, if you want to keep going with the game perhaps buldozer would like to take over my civ for a while so you can still play today? I'm happy enough with that idea if you like (I'll PM bul my password now so if you want to do that you can just get started. I don't know when I'll next be able to check the forums).

dribnairb said:
Or just a thought, if you want to keep going with the game perhaps buldozer would like to take over my civ for a while so you can still play today? I'm happy enough with that idea if you like (I'll PM bul my password now so if you want to do that you can just get started. I don't know when I'll next be able to check the forums).

I dont like the idea of taking control , cause i dont know what your exact plans are .

BTW he timer says 6 hours , should i save the game or is it dn how has to finish his turn ?

Couldn't connect to the game, but I see now that today's session is cancelled. Sunday after 15 GMT is possible for me.

hmmm i just opened some more ports , so that more that one can connect to the game when in DirectPlay , some guy on the forum said it worked for him

I will restart the PB and see if you can connect this time...

What ports did you open? I tried ports from 2057 - 2060, but still just got the "contacting host...." message.

Dandridge said:
What ports did you open? I tried ports from 2057 - 2060, but still just got the "contacting host...." message.

I now see you are in .
The port for this game is and will remain 2057.
I open some more ports on my router hoping that more people will be able to join when in directIP mode.Cant test this now tho... The ports list i found on the connectivity thread in this forum.

Btw check your options in the Civ4. Do you have Dial-up ir bandwidth selected ? Cause i noticed again the "bandwidth effect" when you joined

Yes I got in and made my turn. 24 hours in the timer now. Let's hope these connection issues disappear with the v1.61.

I have broadband connection checked in Civ4 options. Is it right? I have 5 MB ADSL connection, but no router.

Dandridge said:
Yes I got in and made my turn. 24 hours in the timer now. Let's hope these connection issues disappear with the v1.61.

I already check the "new" PB .They have fixed couple of minor bugs and have added a few options ... but it looks almost the same to me. I hope i am wrong tho :lol:

I've got a monitor! Seems to be working ok, although I can only run it at a low resolution, but it's better than nothing. Sorry about that, but hopefully it means I can make it tomorrow for a little while. Probably won't be able to play until about 3pm my time (14:00GMT I think) though.

Also, I just tried connecting to the PB but I hang at Connected to host. (Edit, I was using 1.52 for this though, maybe I need to use 1.61 now? I'll try that tomorrow)

I won't be around for the rest of the evening, so I'll try again as soon as I can in the morning.

dribnairb said:
Also, I just tried connecting to the PB but I hang at Connected to host. (Edit, I was using 1.52 for this though, maybe I need to use 1.61 now? I'll try that tomorrow)

Now thats strange , cause the PB is working and stemil and dan already logged and played they turns...
did you use the port 2057 ?

ok, i can log get into the game now. No idea why it didn't work before. I'm off out for a little bit but should be back in about an hour. That would be about 14:30 British time (13:30GMT isn't it?) if that's ok with everyone?

Top Bottom