2nd UU and 2nd UB for DoC

Tzompantli for Mayan UB (replace Pagan Temple)?

It is actually a rack of skulls used as decoration. The skulls come from the slaughtered opponent of their ball court game..

Or how about the ancient Mayan observatories?
But I can't find a proper name yet..

You should. I think Leoreth will split up Germany and the HRE, meaning that Panzers as the HRE UB are no longer viable.

I also like the idea of the Doppelsoldners.

I know of the split between HRE and Prussia. I even asked Leoreth what he will do with the UU and UB so I can take that into account.

Both

Well,maybe death head Hussar can be a UU for Prussia ,but I don't have much information now.

For Prussia, I had the Howitzer in mind. It will be a stronger artillary. However, the Hussar is also a good option.

Tzompantli for Mayan UB (replace Pagan Temple)?

It is actually a rack of skulls used as decoration. The skulls come from the slaughtered opponent of their ball court game..

Or how about the ancient Mayan observatories?
But I can't find a proper name yet..

I also had the idea of the observatory. My suggestion was the Stone Head. (I choose this because an other native civ, which very close to the Mayan territory, has this UB in Civ Gold)

Was it Zapotec's?
It was destroyed before the Mayan were around, iirc..
Not historical enough ;)

Since Mayan goes through a different kind of history than the rest of us here, which makes Pagan Temple is so important even when the rest of us at the Old World already accept Islam or Christian or else..
I think the UB should be something that replace Pagan Temple to be really useful and powerful even in Old World's medieval era (their era : Classic)..

Based on my further research, the Observatories is actually a temple too...
The graphic can be chosen from the Citywhat? graphic.. there's a nice Temple image there, IMO.. or a modified Kukulkan will do.

Think these are great ideas, more flavour and uniqueness (is that even a word?) playing, what we all enjoy :) Partly because of exactly that, I'm not so fond of the Viking UB idea, the warehouse - why should that be particularly scandinavian? It's also too close to the current UB. If the Vikings Civ is supposed to represent only Sweden, which seems to be the case, then maybe a building tied to their impressive military force could be an idea - maybe an upgraded barracks could be an idea?

Not all UU/UB are really unique. A Stock Exchange isn't particulary English, the Research Institute isn't particulary Russia and some more. I'm not suggesting that the Warehouse is something typical Viking or so. BTW, it doesn't have to be named Warehouse. A different name that represents somewhat the same is also good for me. (It does't even have to be something to store goods, although it should be something connected to trading, if it will replace the Customs House.)

I think that the Vikings represent both the Vikings and the Swedish. At the start, they are of course Vikings, but later on, the represent the Swedish.

A Soldattorp can also be nice. However, it shouldn't be a replacement for the Barracks. If it's buildable from the start, it doesn't represent Sweden very well. It should be buildable from about 1500 AD. I don't know a nice building from that age that it can replace.

So is anyone interested in seeing my Kharash suggestion for the Mongols?

For historical background, they were essentially POWs or captured civilians that the Mongols forced
to stand in the front lines or charge up ladders so that Arab & Chinese defenders were forced to
expend their energy and resources on wiping out the human waves first.

Mechanically, I think it should be a Worker replacement that
nullifies one siege attack at the cost of its existence.

What does everyone think?

I would include them if I ever did 2nd UUs.

Nice idea. Unfortunately, the AI seems to have problems if a worker also has fighting capabilities. I would love to see this, but for gameplay reasons I'm afraid this isn't the best option. :(

It could be a siege unit replacement though.

BTW, I'm always interested in suggestions. ;)

For Prussia, I had the Howitzer in mind. It will be a stronger artillary. However, the Hussar is also a good option.

Do you mean the HUGE cannon of in the World War I? That's very cool!

And do you have the idea of the 2nd UB for HRR now?

Not all UU/UB are really unique. A Stock Exchange isn't particulary English, the Research Institute isn't particulary Russia and some more. I'm not suggesting that the Warehouse is something typical Viking or so. BTW, it doesn't have to be named Warehouse. A different name that represents somewhat the same is also good for me. (It does't even have to be something to store goods, although it should be something connected to trading, if it will replace the Customs House.)

I think that the Vikings represent both the Vikings and the Swedish. At the start, they are of course Vikings, but later on, the represent the Swedish.

A Soldattorp can also be nice. However, it shouldn't be a replacement for the Barracks. If it's buildable from the start, it doesn't represent Sweden very well. It should be buildable from about 1500 AD. I don't know a nice building from that age that it can replace.

I'm sorry, I meant to say the LATER viking Civ is supposed to represent the Swedes, not from the start - it does have Sweden-related names later on. And well, I hear you about the uniqueness (that really is indeed a nice word!) , but can't we all agree that we are at least trying to have UUs and UBs that somehow relates to the civ, to give it a special flavour? The English aren't the only ones to have Stock Exchanges, but London was and is quite an important financial centre and stock market... and so on.

I see your point about the Barracks, that of course makes sense :blush: Don't really have a proposal for a good solution there. I just don't like the warehouse idea, to my knowledge none of the scandinavian countries have or has had any special thing going on with warehouses. But since I can't come up with any better idea myself, I guess I ought to stop complaining :)

If you make an Artillery replacement for Germany, I hope there's a model based on the Dicke Bertha.

Do you mean the HUGE cannon of in the World War I? That's very cool!

And do you have the idea of the 2nd UB for HRR now?

I was thinking of an Opera House. You can look at all in the link on the second post.

I'm sorry, I meant to say the LATER viking Civ is supposed to represent the Swedes, not from the start - it does have Sweden-related names later on. And well, I hear you about the uniqueness (that really is indeed a nice word!) , but can't we all agree that we are at least trying to have UUs and UBs that somehow relates to the civ, to give it a special flavour? The English aren't the only ones to have Stock Exchanges, but London was and is quite an important financial centre and stock market... and so on.

I see your point about the Barracks, that of course makes sense :blush: Don't really have a proposal for a good solution there. I just don't like the warehouse idea, to my knowledge none of the scandinavian countries have or has had any special thing going on with warehouses. But since I can't come up with any better idea myself, I guess I ought to stop complaining :)

I really don't mind if the 2nd UB is something Swedish. Also, I forgot to say that the Warehouse is something I used in the original modcomp and I didn't change (if needed) it (yet).

Spoiler :
My idea was that it represents the merchant-history if the Vikings. I didn't mind that it's very similar to their 1st UB

Personally, I really like the special ability. But this can also go to an other civ's 2nd UB. (Maybe the Mali one?)

An other option is the Riksbank. I found it in one of the extra civs mods (I believe Eznaz mod. It could be a bank with a free merchant or something.
If we really want the Vikings to represent Sweden, their 2nd UU can be the Karolin, instead of the Longship.

If you make an Artillery replacement for Germany, I hope there's a model based on the Dicke Bertha.

IIRC, there are some big cannons based on Big Bertha around in the forums.

EDIT: Like this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15171

What do you think about my suggestion of UB Observatory-like that replace Pagan Temples for Mayan?

No, I mean the modified use for the Pagan Temple to brings bonus like the European Observatories etc..

Spoiler :

Since Mayan goes through a different kind of history than the rest of us here, which makes Pagan Temple is so important even when the rest of us at the Old World already accept Islam or Christian or else..
I think the UB should be something that replace Pagan Temple to be really useful and powerful even in Old World's medieval era (their era : Classic)..

Based on my further research, the Observatories is actually a temple too...
The graphic can be chosen from the Citywhat? graphic.. there's a nice Temple image there, IMO.. or a modified Kukulkan will do.

Recovered my old post in the Suggestion & Requests thread and made adjustments.
Please look this list over when you have some time, merijn_v1

Updated list with suggestions in order of preference.
Includes other suggestions listed so far.

China: Treasure Ship, Chengdu J-20, Pen Huo Qi
India: Sepoy
Egypt: Mamluke
Babylon: Iraqi Republican Guard
Greek: Peltast, Polybolos
Persian: Parthian Rider
Phoenician: Barbary Corsair, Numidian Cavalry
Roman: Red Shirt
Japanese: Mitsubishi A6M Zero
Ethiopia:
Korea: Kobukson
Maya:
Byzantine: Dromon
Vikings: Longship, Raitar
Arabs:
Khmer:
Indonesians:
Spanish: Tercio
French: Chevalier, Foreign Legion
English: Dreadnought, Yeoman Archer
German: Zeppelin, Landsknecht
Russian: Spetsnaz, Strelet
Dutch: Boer
Mali: Mandekalu Cavalry (Songhai)
Portuguese: Man-of-War (I realize two naval UUs is overkill but I'd be hard pressed to find something just as iconic for them)
Inca:
Mongols: Kharash (Mongol POW+civillian human wave shields; could have a stack protection effect against collateral damage)
Aztecs: Villistas (Pancho's raiders; Mexicans)
Turks: Sipahi
Thai:
America: Minutemen

Recovered my old post in the Suggestion & Requests thread and made adjustments.
Please look this list over when you have some time, merijn_v1

China: Treasure Ship, Chengdu J-20, Pen Huo Qi
India: Sepoy
Egypt: Mamluke
Babylon: Iraqi Republican Guard
Greek: Peltast, Polybolos
Persian: Parthian Rider
Phoenician: Barbary Corsair, Numidian Cavalry
Roman: Red Shirt
Japanese: Mitsubishi A6M Zero
Ethiopia:
Korea: Kobukson
Maya:
Byzantine: Dromon
Vikings: Longship, Raitar
Arabs:
Khmer:
Indonesians:
Spanish: Tercio
French: Chevalier, Foreign Legion
English: Dreadnought, Yeoman Archer
German: Zeppelin, Landsknecht
Russian: Spetsnaz, Strelet
Dutch: Boer
Mali: Mandekalu Cavalry (Songhai)
Portuguese: Man-of-War (I realize two naval UUs is overkill but I'd be hard pressed to find something just as iconic for them)
Inca:
Mongols: Kharash (Mongol POW+civillian human wave shields; could have a stack protection effect against collateral damage)
Aztecs: Villistas (Pancho's raiders; Mexicans)
Turks: Sipahi
Thai:
America: Minutemen

Thanks for the suggestions. Some are very nice. Although I prefer some I already have.

The Treasure ship is a very historical one. But I don't think this will be used very often. I think the Ancient Cannon is better gameplaywise.

I like the Polybolos, but I don't have an idea what I it's bonus should be. And I already have 2 extra Catapult replacements (also in that area). I don't like it when many civs have the same unit they replace.

I'm doubting about the Viking Longship. If I want them to be the Vikings, the Longship will be their 2nd UU, but I'm thinking of making their 2nd UU and 2nd UB a Swedish one, so the Vikings represent Sweden in the later ages.

The Dreadnought comes a bit too late to make a real difference. I would rather have the Man-O-War. But the Longbowman is something so typical English I'm afraid I can't turn around that. What I really prefer is that Leoreth changes the 1st UU (Redcoat) into the Longbowman or the Man-O-War, and the 2nd UU will be the other. (This means that the Redcoat will be completely removed)

I don't like UU that replace an air unit. Also bear in mind that Germany will splitt up in the HRE and Prussia. (And I really like the Howitzer, because I like big cannons, like Big Bertha;))

The Spetznaz would be funny. If it replaces the Marine, it could be a good counter for the American Navy SEAL, which can represent the Cold War. However, I think I will stay with the Strelets.

The Dreadnought comes a bit too late to make a real difference. I would rather have the Man-O-War. But the Longbowman is something so typical English I'm afraid I can't turn around that. What I really prefer is that Leoreth changes the 1st UU (Redcoat) into the Longbowman or the Man-O-War, and the 2nd UU will be the other. (This means that the Redcoat will be completely removed)
Why is that? As opposed to a longbowman replacement, the Redcoat comes into play where England actually did something, since the Hundred Years War or similar medieval English conflicts are seldomly fought in RFC.

To be honest, I didn't look at it that way. I just thought that the Longbowman is more "typical" English that the Redcoat.

Considering this, the Man-O-War is probably a better 2nd UU than the Yeoman Archer.

Top Bottom