2nd UU and 2nd UB for DoC

I wanted to make the Ancient Cannon a Trebuchet that is available earlier, but making it available too early would make it really overpowered. The Alphabet is more or less the exact time when I want to make it available. I didn't find any other tech which is suitable for making the Ancient Cannon available, so I stuck to it. (And I never bothered to change it after I initially made that decision) If you think another tech is more suitable, just let me know.

Also, for a weird reason I can't explain, I do think that the Alphabet is somehow a fitting tech.

Ballistics are a weird (often counterintuitive) bunch of mathematics, like most physics, which are often made more comprehendable with substitutes (of letters/characters) for numbers/long descriptions.

I don't understand exactly what the ancient cannon is meant to represent. Is it meant to be the gunpowder weaponry of the Song dynasty? I can't find any information for the use of gunpowder in warfare before the 800s at the earliest, and these weren't cannon, but fire lances, which were close range weaponry not suitable to replace the Trebuchet. The earliest known depiction of a firearm is a 12th century Sichuan sculpture depicting a hand cannoneer. Gunpowder weaponry at this time in China certainly wasn't used for siege, as far as I can tell, reading about it.

There's something wrong when play 2nd UUB with VD.

I unzip the rar file in #2, but find there's no VD_CIV4CivilizationsInfos.xml in Assets/Modules/Varietas Delectat/XML/, then I enter doc, find both AI and player can't build 2nd UU and UB at all.

It might make sense to also take neighbouring countries like Venezuela into account.

For Colombia, Maybe the " vieja ciudad" castle that does not require walls? It can come with tourism.

Hello , i just installed the modmod for the 1.15 version replaced the files as explained but the tooltips before you choose a civ with the 2nd UU and UB arent showing, and i cant build them ingame aswell. Funny thing is that in WB they appear and if you start with the units which are replaced as a second UU you also get them but then cant build them again, they are just being replaced by the normal once.

Can any one help me solve this, i didnt have this problem with 1.14 version. Thanks in advance

Are you playing with the VD module? This modcomp isn't compatible with it anymore.

Also, the download link (at the time you posted) in this thread was an older version of this modcomp. I updated the first post so it links to the latest version.

Top Bottom