3000 Years of Rome (RFC)

It's RFC, a built-in mod. Came with BTS, you can access it from either "Load a mod" under Advanced, or "Play Beyond the Sword Content" from the single player menu. I don't recall, but it might be under "Scenarios" too.

Except be sure to delete that one and download the latest version here first

Except be sure to delete that one and download the latest version here first

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version, but I could be mistaken. I'll download the latest one anyways... Now, for the continuation of this epic journey through awesome.

Never undervalue defensive pacts. Stupid French, backstabbing me, you started another world war. The war against me lasted a few turns, fortunately, France wasn't in a fighting mood. But then something far more pressing came up...

Spoiler :

Secession! If I didn't do something soon, I'd have a Civil War on my hands. Luckily, the Emperor has a plan...

Spoiler :

Create a revolution, bring about the collapse on controlled terms, and then take back the cities with our super army.

Spoiler :

The Emperor's plan works perfectly. Now the empire is free to do... stuff...

Spoiler :

Because I'm feeling cruel. Pikemen power!

Spoiler :

I take back my cities. Well, most. Arabia got Tyrus and Heirusalem. They also founded Trapezus up there. I think I might need to take that...

Spoiler :

Roman culture triumphs, and spreads.

Spoiler :

There was an International Congress, where I asked for Trapezus and I got it. Hooray. But, as one civ falls, another must rise. Babylon is back...

Will anything actually happen? Will I make more lame promises that aren't fulfilled? Will the game crash and I lose progress? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attachments

• Con66.jpg
    Con66.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,856
  • Con69.jpg
    Con69.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,858
  • Con70.jpg
    Con70.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,850
  • Con71.jpg
    Con71.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 1,844
  • Con72.jpg
    Con72.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 1,855
  • Con73.jpg
    Con73.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 1,847
  • Con75.jpg
    Con75.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,844
  • Con74.jpg
    Con74.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,842
Those cities must suck. They are like 1 tile away from each other.

Interesting game! :lol:

This story is great! Keep at it! I'm waiting for the next post with great anticipation!

Well, continuing on with the journey. It would seem the latest version of RFC has rendered me unable to load this game, so from now on, I'll need to load the old version I saved to my desktop everytime I want to play. Highly inconvieniet. Also, I'll have you know I re-enacted this on the RFC multiplayer with my brother, as Persia. We took out every civ in the Mediterranean, until Spain and Arabia spawned, throwing everything into chaos. Maybe my next story should invovle a game like that... Anyways:

Well, here we are. China finally kicks the bucket, Great Depression after Great Depression sending the world economy to hell, even mine. Angst. When suddenly...

Spoiler :

WTF? Statue of Zeus in the modern era? I'm confused, I didn't know that was even possible.

Spoiler :

Things get more confusing. Exactly why is Spain in Hippo, furthermore, how did they end up like that? *note*: As of the most recent time I played this game, they're still there.

Spoiler :

The Eiffel Tower! There was much rejoicing as every city got a free radio tower, and kicked France 'twixt the legs. Take that for declaring war on me!

Spoiler :

More WTF. Why exactly, an empire that hasn't held it's real capitol since the Medieval times, in the "Very Stable" area? Why? Maybe it's predicting the future... When the Emperor learned of this, his expression was akin to: O.o

Spoiler :

Ugh, Persia, trying to mess with my government...

Spoiler :

The United Nations! There was much rejoicing as the Apostolic Palace finally lost all it's importance, replaced by a very similar organization. This also tells America not to mess with Rome, we'll steal your UHV goals.

Spoiler :

...What? I didn't even know people up there had ever heard of Rome, let alone wanted to join... I gave the city to Germany a turn after. I didn't want that maintenance!

Will more WTF happen? Will something insane go down? Will America became the world power it is in this real world? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of (nothing happening to) Rome!

Attachments

• Con78.jpg
    Con78.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 1,865
  • Con79.jpg
    Con79.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,805
  • Con80.jpg
    Con80.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,797
  • Con83.jpg
    Con83.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 1,798
  • Con82.jpg
    Con82.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 1,831
  • Con81.jpg
    Con81.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,834
  • Con84.jpg
    Con84.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,818
  • Con85.jpg
    Con85.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 1,847
I'm guessing the civ that built the SoZ is very backwards, and hasn't reached the Modern era yet :crazyeye:

And that city made me :lol:

Conquer Babilonia!! They are so powerless!

Conquer Babilonia!! They are so powerless!

Oh no, way outside my stability range. I could try, and probably would, seeing how it's 3:40 something in the morning and I have no clue why I haven't fallen asleep yet... But yea, I'd have to put old RFC back, and take the new RFC out, and that'd be a hassle, and I'm on a writing roll right now... Writing what? I have no idea, I'll see where it goes. That happens when you're tired, but not enough to fall asleep. Come to think of it, I should be playing Civ, but that's too much effort.

Why am I still writing this? I should stop...

Such an awesome stor. I really need to get my hands on tht BTS expansion pack.

Time for another update. I'm a little sick-er now, so no school today. Angst, it is, for my friend had news of something important. But anyways, time to give you the last update for another few days.

Looks like Persia is back. Joy.

Spoiler :

All you Tyrus are belong to us. Also, I hate great depressions. There isn't a turn without one, it's really getting me angry.

Spoiler :

All part of my "Culture Persia and Babylon out." plan.

Spoiler :

Why the French have Parsa, I do not know.

Spoiler :

I honestly don't care. We all know the goal of this game, and if I can reach it without being destroyed, I win.

Spoiler :

This city has been offered back so many times. But now I accept. It's time to take back Italy. Also, you're caught up to where I am currently at in the game.

Will something happen? Will Rome go to war with France, the owners of Italy? Will I backstab and alienate my allies until they all turn on me? Find out next time on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attachments

• Con86.jpg
    Con86.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,734
  • Con87.jpg
    Con87.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 1,727
  • Con88.jpg
    Con88.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,717
  • Con89.jpg
    Con89.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,726
  • Con92.jpg
    Con92.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 1,735
  • Con93.jpg
    Con93.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,724
Pretty fun. I am now struck with a strong desire to play this mod for hours without stopping. It is built in to Bts right?

I can't believe you lost your homeland and so much of the Western Empire, if you had managed your collapse you could have retained most of it, like so:

Spoiler :

I can't believe you lost your homeland and so much of the Western Empire, if you had managed your collapse you could have retained most of it, like so:

I've never been good at managing things. But, my plan is to take back Italy now, so things should look up.

I sure hope you get Italy back. This story is so fun. I check for an update everyday. :D

You should be getting an email around everytime someone posts in this thread.

We need another update AOS! Wonder how the war to take back Italy is going to go?

I do too, considering how France is more advanced than me, and my military is mostly outdated. I think a Blitzkreig will be the best tactic. Tonight, I put old RFC back and start the war.

Wow that is rare. I have never seen anyone give a city to me. I must not be nice...

The other day JC offered me a city, but that was because it had been a barb city, and his empire was on the other side of the continent. He had sent a contingent of Praets and cats to capture a city on the other side of the world in the middle of the jungle, with almost no resources. :lol: And he did it while at war with someone else.

Same, only it was Mansa and that city was surrounded by ocean and my enclosing culture :evil:

Top Bottom