1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3000 Years of Rome (RFC)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by AOS9001, Jan 28, 2010.

1. MrPopov

MrPopov King

Except be sure to delete that one and download the latest version here first

2. AOS9001

AOS9001 Slightly over 9000.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version, but I could be mistaken. I'll download the latest one anyways... Now, for the continuation of this epic journey through awesome.

Never undervalue defensive pacts. Stupid French, backstabbing me, you started another world war. The war against me lasted a few turns, fortunately, France wasn't in a fighting mood. But then something far more pressing came up...

Spoiler :

Secession! If I didn't do something soon, I'd have a Civil War on my hands. Luckily, the Emperor has a plan...

Spoiler :

Create a revolution, bring about the collapse on controlled terms, and then take back the cities with our super army.

Spoiler :

The Emperor's plan works perfectly. Now the empire is free to do... stuff...

Spoiler :

Because I'm feeling cruel. Pikemen power!

Spoiler :

I take back my cities. Well, most. Arabia got Tyrus and Heirusalem. They also founded Trapezus up there. I think I might need to take that...

Spoiler :

Roman culture triumphs, and spreads.

Spoiler :

There was an International Congress, where I asked for Trapezus and I got it. Hooray. But, as one civ falls, another must rise. Babylon is back...

Will anything actually happen? Will I make more lame promises that aren't fulfilled? Will the game crash and I lose progress? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attached Files:

3. Yared

Yared That Guy

Those cities must suck. They are like 1 tile away from each other.

Interesting game! :lol:

4. Drunk Link

Drunk Link Chieftain

This story is great! Keep at it! I'm waiting for the next post with great anticipation!

5. AOS9001

Well, continuing on with the journey. It would seem the latest version of RFC has rendered me unable to load this game, so from now on, I'll need to load the old version I saved to my desktop everytime I want to play. Highly inconvieniet. Also, I'll have you know I re-enacted this on the RFC multiplayer with my brother, as Persia. We took out every civ in the Mediterranean, until Spain and Arabia spawned, throwing everything into chaos. Maybe my next story should invovle a game like that... Anyways:

Well, here we are. China finally kicks the bucket, Great Depression after Great Depression sending the world economy to hell, even mine. Angst. When suddenly...

Spoiler :

WTF? Statue of Zeus in the modern era? I'm confused, I didn't know that was even possible.

Spoiler :

Things get more confusing. Exactly why is Spain in Hippo, furthermore, how did they end up like that? *note*: As of the most recent time I played this game, they're still there.

Spoiler :

The Eiffel Tower! There was much rejoicing as every city got a free radio tower, and kicked France 'twixt the legs. Take that for declaring war on me!

Spoiler :

More WTF. Why exactly, an empire that hasn't held it's real capitol since the Medieval times, in the "Very Stable" area? Why? Maybe it's predicting the future... When the Emperor learned of this, his expression was akin to: O.o

Spoiler :

Ugh, Persia, trying to mess with my government...

Spoiler :

The United Nations! There was much rejoicing as the Apostolic Palace finally lost all it's importance, replaced by a very similar organization. This also tells America not to mess with Rome, we'll steal your UHV goals.

Spoiler :

...What? I didn't even know people up there had ever heard of Rome, let alone wanted to join... I gave the city to Germany a turn after. I didn't want that maintenance!

Will more WTF happen? Will something insane go down? Will America became the world power it is in this real world? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of (nothing happening to) Rome!

Attached Files:

6. Yared

Yared That Guy

I'm guessing the civ that built the SoZ is very backwards, and hasn't reached the Modern era yet :crazyeye:

And that city made me :lol:

7. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

Conquer Babilonia!! They are so powerless!

8. AOS9001

Oh no, way outside my stability range. I could try, and probably would, seeing how it's 3:40 something in the morning and I have no clue why I haven't fallen asleep yet... But yea, I'd have to put old RFC back, and take the new RFC out, and that'd be a hassle, and I'm on a writing roll right now... Writing what? I have no idea, I'll see where it goes. That happens when you're tired, but not enough to fall asleep. Come to think of it, I should be playing Civ, but that's too much effort.

Why am I still writing this? I should stop...

9. Drunk Link

Drunk Link Chieftain

Such an awesome stor. I really need to get my hands on tht BTS expansion pack.

10. AOS9001

Time for another update. I'm a little sick-er now, so no school today. Angst, it is, for my friend had news of something important. But anyways, time to give you the last update for another few days.

Looks like Persia is back. Joy.

Spoiler :

All you Tyrus are belong to us. Also, I hate great depressions. There isn't a turn without one, it's really getting me angry.

Spoiler :

All part of my "Culture Persia and Babylon out." plan.

Spoiler :

Why the French have Parsa, I do not know.

Spoiler :

I honestly don't care. We all know the goal of this game, and if I can reach it without being destroyed, I win.

Spoiler :

This city has been offered back so many times. But now I accept. It's time to take back Italy. Also, you're caught up to where I am currently at in the game.

Will something happen? Will Rome go to war with France, the owners of Italy? Will I backstab and alienate my allies until they all turn on me? Find out next time on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attached Files:

11. Verarde

Verarde Pondering Wearing A Hat

Pretty fun. I am now struck with a strong desire to play this mod for hours without stopping. It is built in to Bts right?

12. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

I can't believe you lost your homeland and so much of the Western Empire, if you had managed your collapse you could have retained most of it, like so:

Spoiler :

13. AOS9001

I've never been good at managing things. But, my plan is to take back Italy now, so things should look up.

14. Drunk Link

Drunk Link Chieftain

I sure hope you get Italy back. This story is so fun. I check for an update everyday. :D

15. Yared

Yared That Guy

You should be getting an email around everytime someone posts in this thread.

16. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

We need another update AOS! Wonder how the war to take back Italy is going to go?

17. AOS9001

I do too, considering how France is more advanced than me, and my military is mostly outdated. I think a Blitzkreig will be the best tactic. Tonight, I put old RFC back and start the war.

18. Akkon888

Akkon888 한국 사람

Wow that is rare. I have never seen anyone give a city to me. I must not be nice...

19. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

The other day JC offered me a city, but that was because it had been a barb city, and his empire was on the other side of the continent. He had sent a contingent of Praets and cats to capture a city on the other side of the world in the middle of the jungle, with almost no resources. :lol: And he did it while at war with someone else.

20. Yared

Yared That Guy

Same, only it was Mansa and that city was surrounded by ocean and my enclosing culture :evil: