1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

31 Civs in a thread.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by Marsden, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marsden

Marsden Keeper of the HoF Annex Hall of Fame Staff

Germany was just asking for it, so I'm going to give it to them!

Boy, the age of sail just flew by, didn't it? Here is the first of my carriers, no planes yet, but their under production.

The Germans had stacks and stacks of swords and Mi. Like stepping on fire ants, I lost a lot of cavalry, the tanks finished them off. In a fit of Randomness, the RNG actually saw my remaining cavalry do almost as good as the tanks against the muskets of Germany.

There's a lot of jungle and swamp in formerly American territory. Busy busy!

I forgot to mention the Celts had few cities on the near side of Germany and I grabbed them too, kind of had the war against both of them at the same time. Both had cavarly, something no one else has had yet, but it was just a matter of time. One thing that really annoyed me though was how many tanks I lost to cavalry attacking them! What, the hell is that about?

Here is a little experiment. Notice Joanie has just crawled out of the ancient age.

I am going to give her all the required middle age techs and military tradition, then get her to attack the Dutch for me.
    Plus, I like industrial Joan! She's so cute

William had this coming.

We will see how this works.

Here is my Royal Navy (spread out for ease of viewing, don't worry they will travel together) about to go pay the Ottomans a visit.

And this is my Viking task force.

And as this shows, even with advanced tech and $1000 the French are getting creamed.

Well, I said hello to the Ottomans, right next to one of their furs. Now I will have all eight luxuries! Beaver hats for everyone!

The bozos known as French destroyed my silk colony! It was superfluous as I founded Singapore and claimed other silk, but I an displeased all the same. I hold of on trashing this place as the Dutch are tearing them appart and I am supposed to be their ally.

2. Marsden

Well, so much for respecting alliances! Those stupid French double cross me for the Ottomans! Keep in mind the Dutch are still pasting them, and now they want to come after me.

Driving around the Ottomans I wipe out the last two Spanish cities. The Ottomans have actually made it to the ancient age and have riflemen and Siphai. Hey, what are the Siphai anyway? I know what we've read on the site, but they look like knights in full plate with six shooters! Is that an accurate discription or something that's supposed to look cool? I like the caparisons on the horses, they look cool and the unit is pretty good looking, I'm just surprised that they are like Sir Lancelot meets Bat Masterson and both are teleported together through that machine from the Fly.

Now everyone is at war with me, the Dutch enlisted the aid of the mighty Vikings in their struggle against me. I have not made any actual moves against Netherlands except to destroy some units they landed in my sphere of infulence near Singapore.

Well, that really didn't hurt William too much, did it?

As you can see I upgraded my tanks. The Ottoman capital, as all of their cities is razed. I need the workers and I am too close to the domination unit to keep them.

I love this! In the empty sectors of the second island some barbarians appeared. I attacked one of their galleys and this is what I got!

No more Ottomans. I guess the Dutch will be next.

Is she ever happy!?!? Look at all those resources! You can't even see them anymore, there is so many and she's whining for more!

The last of the enemy capitals has fallen, it will be over soon.

This was the last Dutch city, I had to discover Marines to get it, although they just walked off the ship, I bombed the city to dust before I used them.

Just me and the Vikes. Here is the diplomats investigation of their town.

After some calculations, I'm going to hit the 160k too soon. So it's sell, sell, sell! Anybody want to buy a University? Actually, this is why I made sure I discovered recycling this game, I usually ignore it.

Do you think my tanks are going to have trouble with the guy in the white fur underwear?

The nerve of this guy! He's still ancient, I've got ten times the firepower just laying around in Arnheim and he threatens me!

3. Marsden

I send him packing and he declares! Wow.

Here's some of my workers, all captured. A lot, although Bartleby has more usually.

Well, I thought in order to prevent war weariness I should sign a treaty. I had more unhappiness after it was signed. A lot of my cities went to WLTQD as soon as the twerp declared.

And here is Viking land after the "war"

See the cruiser at the bottom, that's the Royal Navy including 4 carriers and 16 bombers.

Does this fool learn? His kingdom is nowhere near recovered from last time.

Oh, well. I can bomb him some more.

I sent Marines this time, I even took his worker. Now he's going to sit without much of anything, not that he had much before.

I finally found a use for the "auto bombard" button, I set two of my bombers to hit him every turn. Just set it and forget it.

I'm up to 1990 and am expecting to hit the 160k mark about 2048. I sold my culture buildings off down to only 223 per turn, but I'm expecting to finish the Internet in 2047, which should really increase it incase I've miscalculated. I should be able to post the last shots here by either Friday or next Monday.

4. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

:lol: wow the vikings must be having fun

5. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Of course they are! ;)

6. Marsden

Wow, I was just looking over the first page of the thread, I really didn't keep with that now, did I? I'll try to keep to this more.

Also, I'm sure the Vikings are having loads of fun. Don't they get to go to Vallhalla if they are killed in battle? I'm just helping them get on their way.

7. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

That is a terrible start for the vikings. I can see someone seeing that as inspiration for a future COTM...

Worst thing about that start, I think, is the number of whales that you can't ever use because you cant' settle on mountains!!

8. Marsden

The end is near. Here is a warning that pops up in conquests. I took a shot mostly because mostly nobody sees this having won the game sooner.

Winner! I was off by one turn, but all things considered, close enough. The main thing I'm disappointed about is the overall score.

Standard jeers. I like the irony. I'm supposed to be loved, represented by the kiss marks, but everyone in the shot was beaten, Severely.

Demographics. Nothing special here.

Stats. Again, I was going for score, I think I should have hit around 20k, but I just cleared 10k.

Plus, I built a spaceship. I know I didn't need to, but I felt like it. Actually, as you can see, the last piece would be done in 9 turns, too late to launch, but then I really wasn't trying to get it done as you can't finish it and NOT launch it.

Thus ends my glorious English Empire. Be back next time with someone else.

9. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

:clap: :D NIce it's finaly over who's next?

10. madviking

madviking north american scum

Are you going to try Austria the "32" civ?
    Btw, they are Mil/Ind with Cav UU, more offensive or something...

11. Marsden

I'd like to try Austria. How do you switch them in?

12. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

Why doesn't Ragnar show in the group of leader pics?

13. Marsden

They are my closest starting neighbors. I never realised that was how the last pics were chosen, unless this is a coincidence? But they are the civs that were on the home island with me.

14. Tribute

Tribute Not Sarcastic

You mean the ones that died first?

15. madviking

madviking north american scum

Here's a zip with the scen in it...

Attached Files:

16. Marsden

I mean the closest ones that started next to me. If you notice, it's the whole broken culturally-linked starting location American group, plus some of the Middle East group. But you are correct they did die first. :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha:

Thanks! I will try it out. If I can do it, I'm not to good on these things, I will play the 32nd civ.

17. tupaclives

tupaclives Tupac Lives on!!

Good work, out of interest what graphics mod is that which creates the look of the huge sprawling cities covering all the tiles?

18. psweetman1590

psweetman1590 Emperor

It's the urban sprawl, iirc. In fact, I think that it was included as a scenario in PTW or Conquests.

19. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

Congrats on entering the HoF staff

20. Marsden

Thanks, Vind! News seems to be traveling fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.