34 Civs DLL (for YnAEMP)

the resources and civs placement from the log are done for the giant map, how is the civilization placement after one turn ? it should be completely messed up if you have the huge map loaded instead of the giant map.

the resources and civs placement from the log are done for the giant map, how is the civilization placement after one turn ? it should be completely messed up if you have the huge map loaded instead of the giant map.

Sorry to bother you with this, Gedemon - check my addition to my original post. It was my error thinking I was looking at a Huge Earth map when it was actually the Giant Earth map...compounded by the fact that Game Details describes the Giant Earth map as a "huge" one, probably a limitation in Civ 5 code. :blush::crazyeye:

yes, there is a maximum of 63 slots in game for Civilizations and City States

gedemon, my problem is that when i put new game, it crashed.
i had revolution and falcon diplomacy installed and obviously tsl and the ynaemp whit 43 , please help me

Hey - so I posted this question at Steam. I love the DLL, and it works fine for me, but I am really curious if there is a feasable way to decide exactly which city states pop up. With only 20 possible, when ones I will conquer early show up it's annoying. I'd like to restrict it to only those that will survive until present day - Hanoi, Kathmandu, Lhasa, Yerevan, Harappa (for Pakistan), Mombasa, Mogadishu, Zanzibar, etc. I tried erasing their start points from the XML, and choosing only TSL from startup screen, but this resulted in only about three CS actually showing up. Is there anyway to ensure my favourite CS are gonna be there?

It's in my to do list, but I've not looked at how to do it yet (I don't even know if CS selection on load is a part of the DLL code)

Cool. Hier, comme par magique, civ a cree une partie avec presque tous les CS que je voulais (et quelques que je voulais pas, mais je les aneantirai assez vite :). Alors c'est presentement inconnu le mechanisme du jeu qui est responsable pour le choix de CS?

Hi Gedemon, I'm playing a 43 Civs DLL game on your giant map.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to play turn 868 as the game crashes.

Attached you'll find the logs and the savegame at turn 867 (just click next turn, it crashes at the very start of the following turn).

I'm playing on a fast machine (Win7 x64, i5, 16 GB RAM, SSD), so it should not be an hardware resource problem.

Any idea about what is causing the crash?

EDIT (21/09/2013): I thought it was a problem with the modified DLL, but I just discovered it was the raze city with trade route bug instead.

After installing fall patch I have trade routes and diplomacy not working.
Basically the civilization and city lists fail to populate.

Do you think that could be something related to the modified DLL (43 civs)?

Attachments

• Romans_01.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 167
I've not tested my mods with the new patch yet, so there could be incompatibilities, I'll have to update everything anyway (but I've not even checked if the source is already available)

Any ETA on the fix? Sorry to be that guy - I use your mods in Civilization V as a means to motivate myself to do work (between turns, especially on the giant YnAEMP map)!

BTW when I disabled RED Modpack and its extreme scaling supplement, I still had the above-discussed issue with spies on your YnAEMP map. So it's probably not that causing it.

I'm waiting to be sure that the current source code released match the current patch (I'm pretty sure that it's the DLL mod that cause issues)

Based on Firaxis' past track-record, it'll never arrive.

The source in the latest (non-beta) SDK (which we can only deduce is meant to be for the latest 1.0.3.142 version) is the same as in the beta for 1.0.3.128 - yet the compiled dll which ships with 142 is different to the compiled dll in 128.

However, the source code was never updated for hotfixes/patches 70 and 80 (it stayed the same as for 18), it's probably not going to be updated for 142 :(

I've not followed the debug forum since the fall patch, but if a hotfix is needed they may be waiting for it before releasing the "final" source code.

i have the same problem with the trade and spies not working since the patch came out and I suspect it may be a mod but not sure which one or if that is the problem

I've just upgraded my computer (more a complete replacement than an upgrade) and I had to reinstall my system... which means that I'll have to reinstall the sdk and everything around before updating, if the source is still not released then, I'll use the beta source.

Ah, damn. Makes sense though - I know how that goes, being a hardware enthusiast and all.

good news: the updated source coda has been released :)

now I must find the time to install and update this WE.

Top Bottom