45 Days off Using 14 days annual leave.

Zardnaar

Deity
A somewhat popular trick here is timing your 4 weeks of annual leave to coincide with long weekends or back to back long weekends.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/1272...days-of-annual-leave-into-45-days-off-in-2022

Eg sometimes you might get a 3 day working week (Tuesday to Thursday). Using your leave of three days gets you 9 days off straight (weekend, 5 work days, another weekend) sometimes 10 if you get the Monday off.

Traditionally things close around December 22-24 through to January sometime. My doctor and dentist is reopening January 10th.

Another time multiple holiday days fall on Christmas/New years.

This leaves you 6 days of leave left over and 10 potential sick days.

Yes, it is great for taking a long holiday away somewhere, but what with
Covid 19; where would you go; donkey riding in the Southern Alps?

Pretty much.

Generally we head for the beach or a camping spot. Friends go hiking in the Alps or Fiordland.

If you like warm stuff central Otago wine trails in summer or north if Auckland is Mediterranean type climate.

I worked in central Otago a few years back. 39 degrees Celsius that day, 37 at 10pm.

New cycle trail as well.

Born in Cromwell and it's hot as hell over there in Summer.

Australia doesn't have that many public holidays and they are rather spread out. The Christmas break each year generally contains 3 public holidays.

At least in my state, there are no public holidays between mid June and late October.

Australia doesn't have that many public holidays and they are rather spread out. The Christmas break each year generally contains 3 public holidays.

At least in my state, there are no public holidays between mid June and late October.

Yeah it's a public holiday void there as well.

The Easter holidays will be popular this year. With Anzac Day on Monday, 25 April, I can take 4 days off starting after Easter Monday and it'll turn into a 15-25 April break.

The trick is to book it in before your colleagues.

The Easter holidays will be popular this year. With Anzac Day on Monday, 25 April, I can take 4 days off starting after Easter Monday and it'll turn into a 15-25 April break.

The trick is to book it in before your colleagues.

Book it the previous year the day after. 364 days in advance.

where would you go; donkey riding in the Southern Alps?
[informative:] donkeys as a means of transportation have not been in use on the South side of the Alps for decades and decades. [/informative]

Top Bottom