1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

5/10/12 Gamespy article

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 10, 2012.

1. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

I would love a start on that island. It has everything! :D

2. SpaceJesus

SpaceJesus Chieftain

safe to say that pictish warrior replaces the standard warrior for celts?

3. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

I thought the Pictish warrior was a spearman replacement. Certainly not a warrior, as it's too powerful to have right off.

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The Pictish Warrior Strength is 11 while the Spearman strength is 10. I'd say it's more likely to be a Spearman replacement than a Warrior.

5. SpaceJesus

SpaceJesus Chieftain

but you can see a celtic spearman in the article's screenshot yes?

6. AbbieRevo

AbbieRevo Non-Voting Delegate

The visibility thing could be that they're on the same team, no?

7. Eagle Pursuit

I see a barb spearman (getting hit) and a French spearman right behind it.

8. Remmert

Remmert Warlord

Maybe a piece of distance map reveals when a foreign city has your religion.

9. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I bet you're right.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Religion spreads to different cities at 10 tile maximum distances. That's more than 10 tiles, I'd guess. There should be another visible city in between (maybe thats a German one at the edge of his visible map).

11. Maximo the Xth

Maximo the Xth Warlord

I guess the capital will be revealed after adopting an embassy.

12. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Now that Jakarta is a city state,my hope for Indonesia to be in this game crumbles.
    That's a sign of the producers that Indonesia will not be in the game (at least not for a time)
    Maybe I have surely mistaken this game for a good game...

Moderator Action: Please don't troll around.

13. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Too bad the screenshots are so small. Hopefully either a) there will be larger versions of these images if they're a batch from 2K distributed to everyone, or b) they've allowed previewers to take their own screenshots, in which case we may be seeing a lot more.

Yeah, I'd say that seems pretty definite. Which is odd, not least of which because it's clearly armed with a sword and shield... but because the Celts had iron weapons and were most famous for fighting in the Classical period against the Romans, and Picts in particular were late Iron Age/early Medieval. Oh well.

Agreed, a very good change to have a more noticeable icon for this notification.

14. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

Copenhagen, Seoul and Stockholm used to be city-states and now they are Denmark, Korea and Sweden. So I wouldn't rule out Indonesia simply because Jakarta has been added.

15. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Jakarta? Another city-state for Southeast Asia! :)

16. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

IMO,this is a good sign,because at least they remembered the existance of Indonesia . Probably,a good sign that they might want to include Majahapit/Indonesia in the future .

17. Fern

Fern Chieftain

As far as Vanilla is concerned, a civ's lands aren't revealed when you meet them. This is indeed puzzling.
    (Maybe territory map trading?)

As far as the icons are concerned, the one below the sugar looks like a natural wonder (it's greenish), but that's all guesswork.

-----

Additional info:
    The player hasn't researched Astronomy yet and appears to be on an island, they have no way of contacting another civ without it being Polynesia, so we can rule out exploration.

18. Montov

Montov King

Could the new icons be faith related? Like every belief or pantheon chosen will create such a notification?

19. Kimuyama

Kimuyama Prince

Or maybe they sent a spy to the city?

20. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

So the game's no longer good because Indonesia won't be in the game, which we all knew since like 2 or 3 weeks ago when Sweden was revealed? I think you're alone on that one.....
    Anyway, I'm hoping we get some actual info on some of the more unknown stuff. When people are getting excited over stuff like "OMG Spearmen are now 10 strength!" you know there's not much info being given out. We heard a little bit about the Steampunk scenario, but other than that, none of these previews have had much. I'd like to hear a little about something worthwhile (Any major policy overhauls? New Tech tree? Embassies?).