5 in 1 (mystery SG with twists) - Emperor

They're all close to home and not in any danger; there's no reason to send a Warrior that could be fighting the Sumerians to protect a Settler.

Sorry about the lux, I was playing quickly and didn't even think of it.

Cuivienen said:
They're all close to home and not in any danger; there's no reason to send a Warrior that could be fighting the Sumerians to protect a Settler.

Sorry about the lux, I was playing quickly and didn't even think of it.

Yeah sure, I'd say that too to hide my variant :)

1000(0)-set lux to 0%
Sumeria would give up two cities that don't have iron, saltpeter, or oil for peace
I don't feel like getting two far-away cities in the middle of Sumeria

IBT-Sumerian archer dies to our horseman
Sumerian archer moves by our warriors
another barb horse goes north of Cuzco
Cuzco settler->horseman

975(1)-Scandinavia knows construction, Spain and Sumeria know monarchy
Sumeria won't give monarchy up
set lux to 10% to prevent Tiwanaku from rioting
warrior is redlined killing elite archer
Found Huamanga and Vilcas in requested places
Both start on barracks

IBT-Sumerian archer kills warrior
Tiwanaku horse->horse
Vikings start Great Lighthouse

950(2)-Maya know construction
Notice that Ollantaytambo has two units garrisoned at size one
Move warrior to Vilcas
A spanish warrior is next to Gordium

IBT-barb horses move (to attack settler?)
Cori barracks->horse

925(3)-horse promotes to elite attacking archer

IBT-Sumeria starts Hanging Gardens
Vikings start Temple of Artemis

900(4)-zzz

IBT-Japan demands 41g
They are far away, so I refuse, no DoW
Cuzco horse->horse

875(5)-Spain and Maya both know construction and monarchy
I buy construction from Maya for map making, code of laws, 24g
elite horse loses 3hp killing archer

IBT-Persia and Spain sign MA against us
Persia and Mayans sign MA against us

850(6)-warrior kills archer, horse kills archer
temporary garrison in Tiwanaku allows me to lower lux
Vilcabamba founded on coast, starts galley

IBT-Tiwanaku horse->settler

825(7)-lux back up to 10%
Send warrior from Cori to Vilca

IBT-Vikings take out barb camp
barb horses move
Ollantayama barracks->horse
Barcelona finishes Mausoleum of Mausollos

800(8)-horse kills archer
a lot of my units like to redline, but win
warrior blocks barbs' path

IBT-barbs attack warrior, one dies, one is redlined
Cuzco horse->horse
Cori horse->horse

775(9)-horse kills barb horse

IBT-Vikings demand 46g
I don't feel like another war, so I give in

750(10)-The troops are ready to invade Erech

Note: with another MP in Cori and Tiwanaku, the lux could be turned off
With less population, that will also lower unhappiness, of course.
With the southern frontier safer, some settling there can be done.
Sumeria would sign peace for Akshak (their newest city) and 60g, but I would attack Erech first
Maya and Spain won't talk, and Persia wants 200g for peace

Here is the save

Here is our empire

microbe said:
How difficult it is to take Umma or even Ur? Erech will be autorazed so there is no much benefit in attacking it. Better just get it as concession.
The only problem with that is that Sumeria doesn't want to give up Erech because of the saltpeter or oil nearby. I was thinking we could just resettle there (we have several cities ready to produce settlers). Umma or Ur probably would be better targets, though.

And after filling my head with a lot of 'C' programming nonsense yesterday, and working all night, I might just use everyones variants as I play!:joke:

Preflight: Not even trying for the SoZ, huh? I start it in Cuzco. I think we need to sue for peace, there really isn't any interesting land out there right now. I switch our military builds to temples instead. Peace with Gilgamesh and get 120g. The city he offers isn't worthwhile.

(1)730: Regroup troops to town. All of you silly warmongers need to get some infastructure first, and maybe a few defenders!

(2)710: Spain and Maya start on the great library.

(3)690: Spain signs the vikings against us, good thing I moved some troops thataway. Korea demands tribute, I cave.

(4)670: Spain offers peace if we give them money. OK.

(5)650: Troop movements.

(6)630: Beat up a Maya warrior, Palace expansion. I settle Vitcos, our iron spot, but there are a lot of barbarians nearby. Settle Andahuaylas, a nice little spot hopefully. Peace with Maya for 140g. Peace with X-man for 80g.

(7)610: Japaneese join the Vikings against us. We take Olso and POP A LEADER!!!

(8)590: Some temples finish.

(9)570: I move our leader towards Tiwanaku for the FP.

(10)550: Rush FP.

Oy vey...a rather quick but harrasing set of turns. We don't have a whole lot, but it seems we are comming along. We are still at war, but we can take some good Viking lands. The Republic and SoZ will be done by the time microbes turns are over.

We are down everything but...no we are down everything, but at least no one has Republic yet, we should be able to trade that out.

The save.

microbe posted this in the out of pocket thread.

I will be on vacation from 08/25 to 09/01. No internet access. Skip me in all my SGs.
I dont know if he will take it before he is away - would be nice if he could. If not I will pick it up tomorrow.

grs said:
I dont know if he will take it before he is away - would be nice if he could. If not I will pick it up tomorrow.

Uh-oh, I don't know what grs' vices are. Should be interesting to see what happens after my turnset!

Rant: I don't know what has been done due to variant rules, so I just rant about it and you pick up whatever belongs to you: we are warring, have no military, but build temples instead; could someone explain the irrigated grassland in despotism?; we work tiles with single slave workers - pointless, units are on automove-to (chasqui) and auto-road-to (worker) :nono:

PreTurn: switch two temples to barracks; spearman to horse; check diplo: Japan won't talk, Vinkings want to be paid for peace; we have no military, but I will see what I can do

IBT: forbidden palace is built in Tiwanaku; Vikings move archers in on Oslo

530BC: Ica founded; Oslo changed to barracks; move horses to mountain

IBT: viking archer dies, one horse retreats another promotes to elite; Machu Pichu barracks-horse; Ollantayambo temple-horse

510BC: elite horse kills archer and we get a leader, that is moved back to Cuzco to form an army

IBT: Cori horse-settler; Huamanga temple-barracks

490BC: army formed in Cuzco, I'd like to fill it with ACs so I leave it empty now; 2 archers killed, new elite horse

IBT: 17(!) barb horses near; Vilcamba barracks-horse; Adahu warrior-worker; Spain completes ToA; Japan The Great Library; Maja The Hanging Gardens; Persia researched republic before us :(

470BC: wines connected lux down to 10%; vikings have to many units, making peace gives us a discount on currency and we buy it for 250gold in the peace deal - we have entered the middle ages; trade currency to Sumeria for Literature and all the 36 gold

IBT: barb horses move

450BC: establish embassies (see below) so barbs can't plunder our treasury

IBT: Tiwanaku horse-horse; Vitcos warrior-worker; Ica warrior-worker; 16 barb horses are standing in the middle of our lands

430BC: kill 2 horses, another stack is stationary in a camp near Vitcos; switch Machu Pichu to worker to lower pop before barbs attack

IBT: barb horses continue inland; Cuzco SoZ completed-market; Cori settler-horse

410BC: kill another horse and flee with the worker; we could buy monotheism in peace deal with Japan for 33gpt and 82gold, but we only make 36 - no deal, so we make straight peace with Japan and establish an embassy and gift our remaining 7 gold to Xerxes

IBT: 13 barb horses enter Machu Picchu and kill one pop (could not save him), that's all

390BC: move horses to training grounds

IBT: Huamanga settler-barracks; Vilcas barracks-horse; Adahu worker-worker

370BC: Republic in 1, move horses

IBT: The Republic-Engineering; we revolt and get 6 turns anarchy; Vikings complete The Great Lighthouse

350BC: Cuzco is losing food, but will not starve in anarchy, 1 scientist hired. If we chose to research when out of anarchy, we should go engineering at full speed. To me it seems better to trade atm, build horses and wait for a chance to attack. Don't forget to fill the army when ACs come in. If you train the horses at the camp nw of Vitcos, beware that ~16 horses await there so be prepaired. We have to settlers, I'd settle towards our enemies, we can fill the back later.

Good Luck.

The irrigated grass is from the vikings, I believe. Sorry about the scout though.

grs said:
Rant: I don't know what has been done due to variant rules, so I just rant about it and you pick up whatever belongs to you: we are warring, have no military, but build temples instead; could someone explain the irrigated grassland in despotism?; we work tiles with single slave workers - pointless, units are on automove-to (chasqui) and auto-road-to (worker) :nono:
I'll pick up some of the warring part, and blame the irrigated grassland on the designers of the artificial intelligence.

Locomotive has not been active since the 24th, so we may be forced to skip him and pass the play over to Cuivienen. I would advise you to settle, but it appears that may not be possible.

Top Bottom