52 shades of Sid - a story of deities (closed)

Yeah I think I would want to move regardless. If warrior doesn't reveal anything I'd send the settler 1E-1SE and settle on the PH (or 1SE of sheep) in the absolute worst case scenario. But I can't imagine it getting any worse.

SiP or 1W is too uninspiring.

Dunno, AH is even two techs away so that fp is valuable for us (this sentence tells a lot about this start). I think I'd go 1W if my life depended on this game. ;)

I would move towards the PH 3s, there has to be something righto.. ;)
At minimum more forests i guess, also looks like there might be rivers from the starting screenie.
1 floodplains is imo not worth staying up there.

First impulse was warrior SW, settler 2S, then re-evaluate. Now I'm thinking warrior SE, settler 2SW (unless warrior spots something awesome E of forests), next turn warrior 1S to PH, then re-evaluate. This should give you the most info and still leave all relevant T1 settling options, as well as T2 on 3S PH, open.

I wouldn't stay at that lousy northern beach. But then again, my life doesn't depend on this game either.

Interesting debate for sure!

My feeling is that settling 3S will be an even more commerce-poor start in the very early turns as it loses the FP. Will also have 0 food unless you tech AH. More forests won't do me much good as I won't get BW for a long time. By the way the game shows a blue circle 1E when the Settler is selected. I've tried to figure out how these work, but haven't found any logic in it, maybe someone has a clue?

SiP or 1W is too uninspiring.
Too uninspiring, but isn't it the safest move? I'm really sceptical about moving into this plains crap...

Staying there can easily result in a horrible game, imo ;)
Yup it's ugly... but settling 3S could be worse, right?

@elitetroops I like this move, leaves all options open. But I'm still not sure I want to waste that turn.

Well your warrior will scout ahead, so it's not blind ~~
What Elite said, i would consider keeping all options open on such a start as highest priority.
Sip or moving 1w on turn 0? Nope, i would never do that.

Maybe I'm too scared of having only AH-food. Hunting-AH takes like 19 turns? Agri-AH two turns more? Love these starting techs. ;)

Hmmmm... My guts tell me that moving is wrong. But a few months ago I wouldn't even have moved away from fresh water in the first place lol. And I certainly still have a lot to learn about this game (otherwise I would have named the thread "sit down and watch" :D). And listening to advice has done me some good in the past, so I think I'll move and see ;)

Too bad I don't have the time to start any serious games until Saturday, really eager to play that one. Oh and this start isn't as depressing as it might look : the start seen in the first screenshot wouldn't have led to such a discussion ^^

Oh and btw @sampsa you said that you needed practice on deity, feel like joining in this one? :goodjob:

:lol: Nope, not ready for this crap. GL

Hmm i finished my HoF culture game (a different experience :b but i like that i always complete those), might be tempted..
what map type? No writeup probably thou, was relaxing to play without.

:lol: Nope, not ready for this crap. GL
That's all right, you'll miss all the fun though :D

@Fippy
Have a link to that HoF game? I haven't played culture for a while, but it's fun from times to times, a different kind of game indeed.
This one is continents. Write-up would be nice, but do as you feel :)

Culture wins are very map-dependant so I can't tell how good 1455 AD actually is, but it certainly looks nice when "watched from above" :)
Might play for the HoF some day, but right now I don't feel ready, and am not patient enough.

Spoiler safe to open? You scare me lol

Then again it's not so bad, we have seen worse..
Spoiler :
Fast played, could surely be optimized like that monument in Damascus ugh..should be granary hammers into library.
Barbs no issue soon with copper, and will basically be a usual solve happy problems Iso map

Attachments

• Saladin II BC-1520.CivBeyondSwordSave
    122 KB · Views: 91
Spoiler :
warrior..barracks..warri..ba..wa..waaaaaah ;)
Beelining Mona might be the only choice here, but it's beyond boring and those poor (almost) Iso maps can be an exercise in self torture.
Oh just met Pacal, nothing for trade thou.

Attachments

• Saladin II BC-0575.CivBeyondSwordSave
    168.7 KB · Views: 103
lol (t100 spoiler or so)
Spoiler :
So Pacal suddenly trades happy resis, looks like that works on ocean if he has culture there.
After teching Mona and building all those city guards, what a tease ;)
Meanwhile endless streams of barb Axes coming, in what torture chamber did Pedro find this map ~~

Tbh, if warrior doesn't find anything, I am settling 1W. Decent commerce and AH can be skipped (farm sheep). Grow to size 3 on warriors, quick (ish) settler. Capital will be moved later. This is Continents, so there should be enough space. Staying on the coast keeps some options open. It will also reveal more information about the north.

Losing 3-4 turns just to end up in a (potentially) low commerce environment, while being so far away from Archery... I don't know. If 3S has something nice, cool. 2nd city is grabbing it. Just imagine that the FP is dry rice or something. That's enough food.

I want to suffer.

For Lain (safe to open, no spoiler ;))
Spoiler :

Attachments

• chamber.jpg
    chamber.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 384
Top Bottom